Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr EaglExit - 05/15/19
Saw this on a friends FB page and took the survey, looks like the vast majority of those taking the poll want out and i'm one of them. If you're in Eagle River, Chugiak, Peters Creek or Eklutna, take the survey and let your voice be heard. There is a meeting at the Chugiak Senior Center tomorrow at 7pm.

http://www.eaglexit.com/
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: EaglExit - 05/15/19
I think it is a fantastic idea. Putting the "economies of scale" lie to the test in fire, police, and education should quickly allow them to prove Anchorage is horribly managed. It will not happen overnight, but it should happen quickly.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: EaglExit - 05/15/19
What i'm curious about is if this does happen, what are their plans to fund the new muni? Might have to go to that meeting tomorrow and get that info firsthand.
Posted By: VernAK Re: EaglExit - 05/15/19
Sure don't blame you for wanting out of that mess.
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: EaglExit - 05/15/19
Be careful what you wish for.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: EaglExit - 05/17/19
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Be careful what you wish for.

Trying to find a down side... for anybody...
Posted By: stevelyn Re: EaglExit - 05/18/19
The Democraptic Fiefdom of skAnchorage is a giant money sucking entity that has a vacuum hose in your wallet and offers little of value in return. Just look at the trash they send to the assembly and to Juneau and that'll tell you everything you need to know about them.

I hope they and the other outlying communities are successful in their secession from skANC. I'm certain they are also better suited to actually living within their means independently than being part of the muni leviathan.

To The Rebellion! Hear! Hear!
© 24hourcampfire