Home

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls
Interesting site !
And on a more serious note, saw this on a t-shirt

Attached picture Don't Feed the Bears.jpg
Read on the ADN site this morning a brown bear had to be killed in Pelican (Southeast AK), after it entered a lodge kitchen with diners in the next room. It was evicted, but hanging around, and later that night the VPSO killed it when it persisted in coming back. It was apparently in poor shape, with festering wounds - apparently from a fight..
Originally Posted by las
Read on the ADN site this morning a brown bear had to be killed in Pelican (Southeast AK), after it entered a lodge kitchen with diners in the next room. It was evicted, but hanging around, and later that night the VPSO killed it when it persisted in coming back. It was apparently in poor shape, with festering wounds - apparently from a fight..

They had to kill a brown bear in Prudhoe years ago because he figured out how to operate the soda machine in the mud room...
Smarter than the average bear?
Originally Posted by ironbender

Toby ded 'cause o' it...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender

Toby ded 'cause o' it...

So maybe not all that smart, or too smart for his own good.
We have about 20 brown bears walking the beach's ,swimming the channels,and searching the creeks for salmon. There are 5 sows each with 2 or 3 cubs numerous smaller singles. Our Karelian's definently make homesteading a lot safer![Linked Image]
Friends/clients have a couple Karelians. Great dogs that serve a great purpose when large predators are around.

I need to learn more about them but I may get a pup the next time they have a litter.
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Friends/clients have a couple Karelians. Great dogs that serve a great purpose when large predators are around.

I need to learn more about them but I may get a pup the next time they have a litter.

Check with Yukon254 when he gets out of the bush. He just got a new bear dog out of Russia and they earn their keep
where his lodge is. If the wildfires don't burn him out this year.
© 24hourcampfire