Home
Coming into Anchorage Monday the 24rth for some appointments with a severely restricted timeline, so am asking members who live in Anchorage where I can buy real charcoal, specifically mequite. If not that, then any hardwood lump charcoal. I'll buy about 200 pounds and ship it out with Evert's. Thanks.

I typically buy Royal Oak lump from Home Depot. For mesquite I would look at the Big Green Egg dealers. North Country in Eagle River or Allen and Petersen in Anchorage?
Wal-Mart on the Old Seward has a couple options, though not misquote. What they do have is small misquote logs for about the best price I have seen... A big bag, 50# or so, for 16.50. IIRC
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Wal-Mart on the Old Seward has a couple options, though not misquote. What they do have is small misquote logs for about the best price I have seen... A big bag, 50# or so, for 16.50. IIRC

LOL. Autocorrect.
Originally Posted by ironbender

LOL. Autocorrect.

Thanks, I needed that! Laughing
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

If you go the Old Seward Wal-Mart you can go just inside the NE corner door and find the rack along the wall behind the register... super fast in and out.

And a little real "mesquite" added to any chunk charcoal makes wonderful smoke.
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid

If you go the Old Seward Wal-Mart you can go just inside the NE corner door and find the rack along the wall behind the register... super fast in and out.

And a little real "mesquite" added to any chunk charcoal makes wonderful smoke.

I use the luhr in a small pan on my gas grill. Great addition .
© 24hourcampfire