Home
Posted By: 60n148w The Big C - 04/29/20
I was diagnosed with Cancer the day before Thanksgiving and found out I have Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma day after Christmas.I started Chemotherapy R Chop on Jan 2nd and finished my last treatment yesterday, it’s been dam tough go.l was in and out of emergency three times, given 14 units of Blood and enough pills to starts pharmacy. I have a endoscopy for the 15 seen how everything looks.

I’ll be 77 in a couple of months, spent 21 and half years in the Coast Guard, I been in major Car Crash, stopped a Brown charge, was in a 185 floatplane that fell out of the sky, was rescued from a founding Boat, was a victim of a three person two Gun armed robbery and now this Black Malt Topper,,just hope my string hasn’t run out yet.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Posted By: NMiller Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
Wow, quite a run. Hope you recover and have a bunch more years!
Posted By: ironbender Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
I dont know what that means, but I'm willing to bet you've worn the hell out of google.

You seem tough with what you've been through. Keep it up and kick cancer's ass! I'm pulling for ya.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
I'm with Bender, keep up a good, positive attitude and be determined to beat it. I'm pulling for ya, too!!!
Posted By: RickBin Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
You have a bunch of us pulling for you going forward and happy you got through what you did.

Strength and blessings.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
Thinking you got things handled again, Ron! Hope it all works just fine.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: The Big C - 04/29/20

🙏🙏🙏
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
Hang tough. if anyone can beat this you can. Prayers sent.
Posted By: BamBam Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
If you live through all that [bleep], you’re going to live through this.
Posted By: rost495 Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
Best we can do is thoughts and prayers. In many ways your life has prepared you for this battle too. Good thing, I hear C isn't easy at all.

And a big thank you for your service.

Posted By: kaboku68 Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
My Cousin-in-law Ronal Langseth is fighting hard against Cancer down in Valdez. He treasures every day. He follows the notion of kicking cancer's ass. I hope you do as well!
Posted By: cwh2 Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
One more pulling for you here.

You have to stick around to write the book!
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: The Big C - 04/29/20
Best of luck to you, 60N. You have a hard row to hoe: hang in there.

L.W.
Posted By: Blacktail308 Re: The Big C - 04/30/20
I’m pulling for you too 60n. We retired Coasties have to stick together. Prayers from Oregon.

Mike
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: The Big C - 04/30/20
Stay strong my friend
Posted By: kk alaska Re: The Big C - 04/30/20
Prayers sent take care of yourself Kurt
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: The Big C - 05/03/20
Wishing you all the best.
Yes, we're all pulling for you.
Posted By: 60n148w Re: The Big C - 05/04/20
I want to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I’ve had a couple of rough days. I never mentioned that my cancer is in the stomach in an area called the duodenum, the area before the small intestine. The opening has reduced in size to about 10 mm, so I have been on a pureed diet for the past 4months. I’ve lost over 50 lbs an I’m all skin and bones. On Wed there going to do an endoscope and balloon the closure and expand it 13 mm if they can.

If anybody has a recipes for turning a steak into a liquid that’s drinkable I’m all for it.
Thanks again

Fair Winds and following Seas

Ron
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: The Big C - 05/06/20
After what you've been through, cancer should be scared, very scared. Best of luck to you.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: The Big C - 05/07/20
I don't know you but really like you. Chuck Norris has nothing on you. Continue to kick ass sir! Godspeed
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: The Big C - 05/09/20
Hang in there, Hoss. Prayers for your health!
Posted By: Bullthrower338 Re: The Big C - 06/02/20
Prayers sent!
© 24hourcampfire