Home
Posted By: Mule Deer Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 06/30/20
A few people have asked in PMs about GG3. We're making definite progress, right now inserting the last photos and proof-reading, so it's to the point where the printing company is primed and ready. It looks like we should have copies in September, as we've been planning--and will send out notifications to those on the pre-publication list as soon as we get word from the printer that they're headed to Montana.
Great news.

I have GG and GG2, as well as the Big Book of Big Game Hunting. Any chance that Big Books of Varminting or Bird Hunting might be in the future?

Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Great news.

I have GG and GG2, as well as the Big Book of Big Game Hunting. Any chance that Big Books of Varminting or Bird Hunting might be in the future?

"Obsessions" is notably missing from your library . . . .
Great news.

TheoGallus,

Probably not one about varminting, but have already written a couple of books about bird hunting, one of which would probably qualify as a Big Book of Bird Hunting, my 1999 book Shotguns for Wingshooting. It's not only a pretty big book (with a bunch of color photos) but isn't just about the guns but how the bird hunting affects the choice of guns. You can take a look at its basics on the website, but it also gets pretty good reviews elsewhere on the Internet.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Great news.

"Obsessions" is notably missing from your library . . . .

Oh, I've got it too, along with Life of the Hunt, Born to Hunt, and the Custom Rifles book. smile
A "Big Book of Varminting" would be an interesting read.
How about "The Lure, Care and Feeding of Worn but Shootable Old Guns."
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Great news. I have GG and GG2, as well as the Big Book of Big Game Hunting. Any chance that Big Books of Varminting or Bird Hunting might be in the future?

TheoGallus,
Probably not one about varminting, but have already written a couple of books about bird hunting, one of which would probably qualify as a Big Book of Bird Hunting, my 1999 book Shotguns for Wingshooting. It's not only a pretty big book (with a bunch of color photos) but isn't just about the guns but how the bird hunting affects the choice of guns. You can take a look at its basics on the website, but it also gets pretty good reviews elsewhere on the Internet.

I have a copy of Mule Deer's "Shotguns for Wingshooting" and it's one of my favorite gun (not just shotgun) books. I highly recommend it if you're into shotguns and bird hunting!!
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/01/20
Can’t wait. Those who don’t have (1) Rifle Troubleshooting and Handloading & (2) Modern Hunting Optics are doing a real disservice to yourself.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/01/20
Looking forward to it Juan...
Will get you one ASAP after they arrive.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/01/20
great to hear about the GG lll BOOK in September ! thank you ,Pete53
Originally Posted by StGeorger
How about "The Lure, Care and Feeding of Worn but Shootable Old Guns."

Wouldn't that be a book that Shrapnel should write?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/01/20
John,

if I'm not on that pre-publication list, please add my name to it if possible.

Was just reading some in # 2 the other day and thinking 'Did I miss GG3 when it came out?"

Geno

PS, if you do one on varminting, maybe that elkhunter guy down in NM could coauthor the chapter on "Varminting with .45 Caliber and above Cartridges" wink
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/01/20
Save me one..
You've got it!
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/02/20
John,

Please add me to the pre-publication list also.

Thanks, Al
Added you, Al. Thanks!
I think I'm already on the list, but if not, please add me.
Checked and found you are indeed already there.
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: Latest news on Gun Gack 3 - 07/05/20
Would like to be added to the preorder list. Please reserve a coy of GG2 to ship with it.
CRJ1960,

Just noticed this! Have you down for both.

Thanks,
John
© 24hourcampfire