Home
Posted By: elkhunternm Mule Deer... - 08/28/20
Is Gun Gack III coming out on Sept. 1st?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer... - 08/28/20
We gave the go-ahead to the printer last week. Haven't yet heard when it will be shipped, but apparently they're not as busy as they sometimes are this time of year, but have not heard a firm delivery date yet.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Mule Deer... - 08/28/20
Ok,thanks MD.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
Thanks for update MD.

Thanks for impetus for update EHNM
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
MD,I would like to get on your pre-order list.

Do I need to PM you the details?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
Not long ago, after we settled on the book cover, Eileen set up a place on www.riflesandrecipes.com where you can pre-order. The cover is shown on the upper left of the home page. Click on the photo, and it'll take you to the ordering info.

Thanks!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
Thanks for the update, M.D. . Looking forward to it. Although I'm not in a big hurry for it at present because I'm pretty busy with other stuff.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
Life without Gacks is like life without beer.😁
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
May we quote you on that?

I ask partly because right now am enjoying an IPA from a Montana brewery.....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Mule Deer... - 08/29/20
Ordered.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
May we quote you on that?

I ask partly because right now am enjoying an IPA from a Montana brewery.....

I'm tippling a Spaten Optimator from a Munich brewery.
Posted By: mathman Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold here.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Switched to Guinness for desert.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Do you still drink Famous Grouse scotch, Mule Deer? Tried it once....not bad.
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20

I'm behind. I just bought the first Gack book a week ago and it was just delivered.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Enjoy the ride...
Posted By: Filaman Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

OK Now this is getting to sound serious. I'm kinda new here, what the hell is Gun Gack? Iffin it's better 'n beer it's definitely worth looking into.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Books by Mule Deer. Great reads, both from an informational standpoint and just entertaining reading. The third iteration is soon to be printed. I recommend them highly.
Posted By: WAM Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by Filaman
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

OK Now this is getting to sound serious. I'm kinda new here, what the hell is Gun Gack? Iffin it's better 'n beer it's definitely worth looking into.

Order all three. You can thank me later!
Happy Trails
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer... - 08/30/20
Thanks, guys!
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Mule Deer... - 08/31/20
Had beer yesterday. Bombay Sapphire now. But I and II are in the book case and III is ordered. It's just another addic... Er, ah, thing that's nice to have. laugh
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Mule Deer... - 08/31/20
I have The Big Book of Gun Gack I and II and I highly recommend them. Both the novice and the self-qualified expert will be well-served by the information within.

John is fun to read, not just for the information and the anecdotes, but for the wit and the insight he brings to various topics in the books. I have read them both cover-to-cover twice, and re-read sections for reference and load data all the time. I keep them by my "reading chair", because they get used so much.

I'll order Number 3 when I get into the new house in October, basically just up Highway 12 from you, John.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer... - 08/31/20
Where on Highway 12?!
Where on Highway 12?!

Just over the top into Meagher County. The Grassy Mtn. development. We got a 43 acre plot.
Nice area! Will have to meet up sometime.
Nice area! Will have to meet up sometime.

I'd like that!
We were out at the house yesterday, and took a drive up Grassy Mountain into the National Forest up there, just a couple miles away. Sure is pretty country. I usually hunt the Big Belt Mtns along the Canyon Ferry, but I'll have to do some exploring and scouting for next year on the other side.
There's some pretty good country around Grassy, both for big game and birds--but not more so than other parts of the valley, though it will be handy to have it close.
Originally Posted by 300_savage

Somehow I missed this post. I don't drink much hard liquor anymore, but these days what little I drink tends to be Clontarf Irish whiskey.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Mule Deer... - 08/31/20
Originally Posted by 300_savage

Somehow I missed this post. I don't drink much hard liquor anymore, but these days what little I drink tends to be Clontarf Irish whiskey.

My brother in Missoula mentioned Clontarf to us. We bought a bottle. I hope yours is better than what we got. We gave him the majority of the bottle which lasted for a couple years. I wish we could get some of the Irish whiskey that we had when we were in Ireland last year.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Mule Deer... - 08/31/20
Hmmm....might have to buy a bottle when my bird hunting friend comes down. Good way to end the day cleaning birds.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Mule Deer... - 09/01/20
I tried a number of Irish Whiskey's while I was visiting Ireland last March, some were better than others and some tasted more like Scotch. I settled on Jameson, maybe a bit pedestrian but it tastes pretty good to me. I alternate from bourbon to Jameson as my bottle run dry. I did try the Costco alternative to Jameson (bottle looks the same) but found I didn't care for the taste.
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Mule Deer... - 09/01/20
Writers' Tears is a good Irish whiskey, and appropriate to this forum.
Posted By: mathman Re: Mule Deer... - 09/01/20
Try Redbreast 12 yr. Old Single Pot Still Irish whiskey. Of course once your palate is so educated it may balk at lesser stuff.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Mule Deer... - 09/01/20
Redbreast was one of my favorites back when it was more affordable.
© 24hourcampfire