Home
Posted By: Dogger Favorite rings and bases - 30mm - 10/11/20
What would be your preferred set up to mount a 30mm scope on an M700 chambered in 280 Remington?
Talley.
Just received an order of Talley Light Weight scope mounts with 30 mm rings...

Burris Signature Zee for rings.
Seekins
Originally Posted by Craigster
Talley.

yup
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Seekins

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by Craigster
Talley.

yup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am very pleased with both.
Seekins rings and Burris Xtreme Tactical 2-piece bases.
Talleys or Conetrols.

MM
Originally Posted by dakotagun

This.

John
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

This.

John

x2
So far I have used all the stuff suggested here, and all of it worked fine. At least half the time I use Talleys.

Have also used some other 30mm rings on various bases. They all worked fine too--except Weaver "tip off" 30mm rings don't work very well with heavy scopes on rifles that kick much. They do work fine on my my 6mm PPC, with a medium-weight 3-9x.
I like Burris Signature Zee rings.

I also like DNZ one piece set up. They don't look super sleek/sexy, but they are made well and do the job very well.
Warne
S&K
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
If the scope’s not real heavy, I’d us3 Talley LWs.

Don’t have any, but like the way Leupold DDs look too.
Have used Talley LWs with heavy scopes on several pretty hard-recoiling rifles, with no problems.
Burris XTR's. If you can get them low enough for you rifle.
Originally Posted by stealthgoat
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

This.

John

x2

Another for this.

I do like the DNZ Game Reaper 2, with 4 screws per ring depending on the scope size and spacing of rings.
For me it all depends on the comb height of the gun.
If I'm trying to get the scope as low as I can, I like the Burris Xtreme Tactical 2-piece bases and Zee Rings

[Linked Image]
I use Talley lightweights on my TI 280AI, but I really like the https://alaskaarmsllc.com/ He does make bases for the Remington 700 also. Not inexpensive, but over the top in quality.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Burris Signature Zee for rings.

i'm another burris sig zee ring man. i like warne one piece steel base though.
Big Ed
Talley bases and rings

Here is a couple 700’s with Talley Wacker rings and bases

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I've been picking up Weaver Steel 30 MM rings from Optics Planet...

Those are working just fine....

Weaver steel rings have served me well for decades....

Ordered about 6 sets of Ruger Rings in 30 mm from Optics planet also...over the last 6 months..
been converting to 330 mm tube scopes in the last several years, due to my eye sight seeming to like them better
than scopes with a 1 inch tube...
A quality picatinney rail and a set of Seekins or Nightforce rings.
I formerly used Talley QD vertical split rings on all of my rifles, I have since switched to Talley Lightweights and I'm very happy with them, simply but effective.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
.......except Weaver "tip off" 30mm rings don't work very well with heavy scopes on rifles that kick much. They do work fine on my my 6mm PPC, with a medium-weight 3-9x.

Good to know.

Curious as to what part of the "tip off" 30mm rings failed. If it is the scope slipping in the rings, ever since I have been using some sort of adhesive (a dab of ShoeGoo) in the saddle of the Weaver rings, they have worked fine without the need to swage the scope tube by over-tightening the top strap. But I've not tested this on a big recoiler.
Conetrol
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I hate Tally's and Conetrol....I throw them in the garbage can, QUICK!
So what mounts do you likes Keith C?
In addition to the Burris base/Seekins ring combo, I’ve also used Burris Signature Zee rings with good success, but the cross bolt doesn’t inspire excessive confidence.

Believe it or not, I’ve had nothing less than excellent results from the SWFA rings. They are not as sleek or refined as some, but they align well and hold securely, for only $35 a pair. Pretty hard to beat for shear value.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-tac-30mm-1-rings-97259.html?___SID=U

John
Signature Zee rings and Warne steel bases are probably my favorite setup for hunting rifles. I’ve used the Burris bases also and they hold up well.
Warne.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Warne.

Yup.
© 24hourcampfire