Home
Posted By: varmintsinc Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
Long story short I have the Hornady 9mm dies and have never liked the seat/crimp die combination. I'm looking to grab a lee factory crimp die but of course anything 9mm is extremely hard to find.

Is it possible to use the lee 9x18 crimp die (readily available) for 9x19?
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
I don't think so. The Makarov uses a different diameter of bullet. .364-.365" rather than .355-.356" for the 9x19.
No. The 9x18 is shorter, with less body taper than the 9x19. Only the base and rim dimensions are the same. Everything else is different enough that you would need separate crimp dies for each.
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping for a .38/357 relationship where it was simply 1mm shorter.
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/8200
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20

Missed Graf's on the initial search, had a $40 minimum order so I grabbed another 2000 bullets. 😳
Posted By: hanco Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
The Lee crimp dies work great, I have a half a dozen different ones
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/14/20
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

Missed Graf's on the initial search, had a $40 minimum order so I grabbed another 2000 bullets. 😳

You're welcome
Posted By: reivertom Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/19/20
I use them reloading my wildcat 35-30. They work great and I don't mind the extra step. They are really easy to adjust, too.
Posted By: badwolf Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/20/20
The 9mm factory crimp die resizes the case and gets any bulge out seating the bullets might have caused. Really helps getting 9mm to feed.
Posted By: hanco Re: Lee factory crimp dies - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by badwolf
The 9mm factory crimp die resizes the case and gets any bulge out seating the bullets might have caused. Really helps getting 9mm to feed.

Damn sure does!
© 24hourcampfire