Home
I hadn't realized that my supply of RL-22 was greatly diminished! Like many of us, I have a pet load for a pet rifle, in my case Reloader 22 with a 160 gr bullet in the 7mm Rem Magnum Ruger Number One. Of course my personal stash of RL-22 dried up about the time the current shortage made finding any more unlikely. I was moping...

At the gun shop - I found that there was actually some powder on the shelves! Yes, But it was strange stuff I knew little of... Something about that number on the jar of powder though... Something about "8133" - where had I read about that? The lightbulb went on... Mule Deer had discussed it in his article on the 7mm Rem Mag in GG III. smile A quick check of the internet on my cell phone revealed that yes, Hodgdon had a load for the 160 Nosler Partition using IMR 8133 for a bit over 3,000 fps. Exactly what I sought.

Happy Handloader here. Now I'll be able to use that rifle next season as well, despite the lack of RL-22 locally.

Thanks MD! My fading memory retained enough about your article to clue me in when I saw that strange stuff on the shelf.
Talk about lucky!
Good deal, Guy!
© 24hourcampfire