Home
Posted By: DBoston TUBB DUST anyone try it? - 02/13/21
I took the plunge and ordered some. Not sure I need it but I have had some copper fouling with slow dirty powders and copper bullets like the 800 series of powders esp. the Milsurp.

TUBB Dust is an anti coppering powder that you can add to any powder supposedly. I am guessing it is bismuth or magnesium but could be other materials too. So in an effort to add more Fairy dust to my loads I will add the TUBB Dust as I couldn't find any Fairy dust online.

I know in most of my rifles I could just follow any dirty powder with one that already has an anti copper agent to help clean it up but that is not the same as adding the pixie dust to each load.

Link: http://www.davidtubb.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=186

Tubb is not only one of if not the best in his game he is also an all around good guy. The only one of his products I question are the speed firing pins but I have not tried them so don't know. The rest that I have tried do pretty much what he says they will.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: TUBB DUST anyone try it? - 02/13/21
Originally Posted by DBoston

TUBB Dust is an anti coppering powder that you can add to any powder supposedly. I am guessing it is bismuth or magnesium but could be other materials too. .

Don't know any powder company using magnesium as a decoppering agent. Bismuth and tin are the two used these days; lead is effective too but not used due to environmental regulations in many countries.
Posted By: DBoston Re: TUBB DUST anyone try it? - 02/13/21
Yes I think I meant tin but was going from faulty memory. Magnesium would probably raise temperatures a lot if it even works as a anti copper agent.
I think I will try testing two 300 WM with fairly fresh barrels to see if I can tell a difference with and with out. Good way to burn up some older X bullets.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: TUBB DUST anyone try it? - 02/13/21
I tried to order some from them last year or the year before. They called me before shipping, to let me know the shipping to my state was going to be absolutely insane. I forget how much but it was atrocious. So I canceled.

I appreciated the call before shipping to me, but I still can't fathom why the shipping was so high.
Posted By: DBoston Re: TUBB DUST anyone try it? - 02/14/21
Odd that it had a hasmat charge or whatever. If that is the case I will cancel too. Unlike many I don't mind cleaning rifles, plus I already have the option of shooting some rounds of anti copper powder after shooting the fouling loads.

Decent customer service.
© 24hourcampfire