Home
...e-mailed to subscribers. As always, if you have any difficulties downloading it, e-mail Eileen.

Thanks!
Got it! Thanks John and Eileen!
Thank you.
could you give me ideal what the Rifle Loony News is again please. thank you,Pete53
And it's top notch, as always.
It's an online magazine published by John and his wife.
Originally Posted by pete53
could you give me ideal what the Rifle Loony News is again please. thank you,Pete53

https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/
Thanks for the help!
John, I really enjoyed your story about hunting with Norm. I remember seeing his byline as a kid 40+ years ago. Seems like a guy who got what he wanted out of life, and lived simply but well.
Got it! Thanks!
Good morning John,
I downloaded mine yesterday and just read your Back Burner piece, Pheasants, Baseball and Poor Explaining, over my first cup of coffee this morning.
I wanted to tell you I really appreciate how you included and credited your dogs in that story. It was great to see all their photos and names, and I enjoyed often reading the words "...the dog and I...", not just "...I..." when you described tactics and results.

Thanks,
Rex
I have not subscribed yet, keep putting it off. If I sign up, is there a way I can read the back-issues? If not, if I sign up this week, can I at least get the current one? Thanks.
Jevyod,

There are two ways to read the back issues. First, any subscriber also gets access, on the website, to all of 'em.

Second, in 2014 (when we'd been writing RLN for five years) we published a paperback volume of those first five years. This was suggested by a subscriber, and at first we thought it didn't make sense, because he already had access to all the back issues. But he explained that he's often out of Internet contact at his hunting camp, and likes to read RLN while he's there.

So in the next issue we asked other subscribers if they'd like a paper copy, and a bunch said yes, for various reasons. One guy said his wife was getting tired of the stack of stapled-together printouts in the bathroom "library"--and even e-mailed us a photo, which we published in the next issue. So we decided to print 250 (usually we print 500-1500 copies of new books.) We had to order more in less than a year.

In 2019 we also published Rifle Loony News: The Second Five Years, and quite a few folks buy the two-volume set.
Rex,

Thanks! The dogs are definitely our hunting buddies.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jevyod,

There are two ways to read the back issues. First, any subscriber also gets access, on the website, to all of 'em.

Second, in 2014 (when we'd been writing RLN for five years) we published a paperback volume of those first five years. This was suggested by a subscriber, and at first we thought it didn't make sense, because he already had access to all the back issues. But he explained that he's often out of Internet contact at his hunting camp, and likes to read RLN while he's there.

So in the next issue we asked other subscribers if they'd like a paper copy, and a bunch said yes, for various reasons. One guy said his wife was getting tired of the stack of stapled-together printouts in the bathroom "library"--and even e-mailed us a photo, which we published in the next issue. So we decided to print 250 (usually we print 500-1500 copies of new books.) We had to order more in less than a year.

In 2019 we also published Rifle Loony News: The Second Five Years, and quite a few folks buy the two-volume set.

Thanks John! Subscribed.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jevyod,

The five-year compilations are worth more than their money due to their handiness away from electricity.
© 24hourcampfire