Home
Posted By: SuperCub Bonanza BR dies question - 03/10/21
I am in need for a set of BR dies for a 222 that recently came here. I usually use Lee collets with a Forster seater die for loading but have been offered a set of used Bonanza dies.

Questions?

- Are these dies the same as the Forster seater?
- Does Forster offer service if required on these dies?
- Any issues I need to be aware of?

Thank-you smile
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Bonanza BR dies question - 03/10/21
Forster used to be Bonanza. Forster makes good dies and the Bonanza dies were just as good. The expander being high on the seating stem really helps minimize runout and if you send in your sizer, they will hone the neck for you too your specified dimensions which greatly reduces how much you’re working the brass. While I like the Lee Collet and Redding Body Die combo, with my 6.5 Creedmoors, I have quit using them in favor of the Forster because the Forster is producing measurably less runout and is only one step for sizing instead of two.

Their seating dies are just as good. I prefer the micrometer adjustable version.

John
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I am in need for a set of BR dies for a 222 that recently came here. I usually use Lee collets with a Forster seater die for loading but have been offered a set of used Bonanza dies.

Questions?

- Are these dies the same as the Forster seater?
- Does Forster offer service if required on these dies?
- Any issues I need to be aware of?

Thank-you smile

Not sure about service, but Bonanza BR dies and Forster BR dies are same/same, IME.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Bonanza BR dies question - 03/10/21
Thanks for the replies. All very good help. I called Forster this morning and they did confirm what I was asking. They are the same as the later Forster brand <good> and I can get service if required <good>.

Picked up a 95% 1973 vintage 700 BDL Varmint Special in 222 this week, thus the need for good dies. Quite happy about this purchase. smile
© 24hourcampfire