Home
Posted By: joetex Christiansen Mesa - 04/10/21
Pros..... ? cons....?
I'm an old school kinda guy..... what about this 6.5 PRC ?
I'm guessing. 264 Win.(ish) capacity ?
The only 6.5 I ever owned was an Arisaka that was rechambered for the Roberts case........ I think the only load I used was with a 129g (?) Hornady. It was acceptably accurate with iron sights.
Posted By: Puddle Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/10/21
Happy camper with mine in CM. I would of preferred a 24" barrel, but the 22" is fine.
I think of the PRC as a 'Creedmoor Magnum'. Google 6.5 PRC vs 6.5 Creedmoor.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/10/21
Over priced for the quality with a Mesa, you want a 264 try a 6.5X284 and pass by the gaymoor
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/10/21
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Over priced for the quality with a Mesa, you want a 264 try a 6.5X284 and pass by the gaymoor

I considered buying a Mesa until I found they wanted an extra $250 for a left hand model. Deal breaker.
Posted By: wh06 Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/11/21
Got one in 6.5 PRC shoots factory 143 eldx .75 or better low recoil without brake. Need to handle one to see if you like palm grip it feels short for the length of pull. I shoot Barnes 127 lrx with magpro at .50 at 100 yards.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/11/21
Originally Posted by boatanchor

.284 and PRC case are Kissing cousins regarding capacity. PRC is shorter/fatter and more mag-box friendly in a short action. That said with the same bbl length/powder charge, they’re going to run within each other’s ES.
Posted By: JGray Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/11/21
Buddy has one in 6.5 CM and is happy with it. I was just looking at one in 6.5 PRC but went 308 instead due to brass/ammo availability (have lots of 308 stuff). I haven't shot mine yet but hopefully will this week.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/16/21
I have one in 6.5 PRC. It's easily sub-moa with the factory and handloads I have run through it. The stock at the wrist is skinny and different, so be sure that the ergonomics work for you. CA is a good American Company and the Mesa is a good rifle.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/16/21
I’ve got a LH Mesa in 6.5cm.

I like it.

I like the thin grip on the stock.

Trigger tech trigger.

I’d have another if they woulda hurried up and came out with the LH 6.5prc before i had one built.

Check EuroOptic. They usually have a bunch in stock.

Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Christiansen Mesa - 04/16/21
If they would make them in .284 Win I would be interested. A buddy likes his in 28 Nosler.
© 24hourcampfire