Home
Posted By: 405wcf Dave Scovill? - 04/26/21
Where's Dave?

Dave hasn't had his column in the recent Rifle and Handloader magazines. I know he was no longer editor, but it seems a little odd that he "retires" with not a word about it in the magazine. Is he OK?

405wcf
Posted By: 1234 Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/26/21
been wondering the same thing?

Ed
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/26/21
We still have Lee J. Hoots.

Editing will be done. Pointless articles will be written. Sentences will occur in whatever weird tense this is.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
We still have Lee J. Hoots.

Well, there is that...such as it is.😖
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
Hope all is well. Enjoy his tales of the Oregon woods and southwestern deserts.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
As he is the person of interest, I hope that he is doing well vice the alternative.
Posted By: lotech Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
Originally Posted by 405wcf
Where's Dave?

Dave hasn't had his column in the recent Rifle and Handloader magazines. I know he was no longer editor, but it seems a little odd that he "retires" with not a word about it in the magazine. Is he OK?

405wcf

It's in the April HANDLOADER.
Posted By: OGB Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
Enjoyed his writing, when he was focused. At times he seemed to ramble and I wound up at the end of the article wondering what happened to the original subject.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Dave Scovill? - 04/27/21
I have his book Colts Single Action Army. If you have a .45 Colt (any brand), it is a fantastic resource. Yep, typical rambling at times but I learned to embrace his style even though I often read his articles multiple times to understand what he meant to say. LOL

Can't find my April Handloader. What's the scoop on Mr. Scovill?
Posted By: CurtBlunt Re: Dave Scovill? - 05/14/21
I'm looking at Mr. Scovill's April column but not seeing where he's leaving. Also, according to June's masthead, he, John Haviland and Rick Jamison are no longer contributing editors. Anyone have the 411 on any of those? Thanx
Posted By: lotech Re: Dave Scovill? - 05/14/21
Scovill announced his retirement at least four or five years ago, maybe longer.
© 24hourcampfire