Home
Posted By: Gregor Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 04/27/21
Gru-Bee .22 riflescopes

Found a company that makes copies of the old 3/4" tube baby Redfield .22 scopes. Any experience with these?
Posted By: kandpand Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/21/22
Anybody tried one yet?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/21/22
I bought one a couple years ago and am very happy with it. Dare I say the optics seem even better than the original Redfield I have which it duplicates. Just wish to heck it weren't made in Chinkland. Would I recommend it? Yes.

I talked with the owner of the company and he was very helpful with supplying a particular reticle I hankered for. No clue if still possible.

I mounted mine on a little five pound German kiplauf which was dwarfed by every "standard" scope I considered. A perfect fit and balance.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/21/22
Quite awhile back an old El Paso Weaver K2.5 came to roost in my domain. It visited Iron Sight for clean up and adjustment of parallax resulting in my 10/22 shooting bugholes at 50 and sub MOA at 100.

I admit to having a few other brands that I like but in the same breath say that I have lost track of the count of like scopes given the same treatment. I am purrfectly happy with them, for both RF and CF applications.

One of the others, no, make that 2 of the others are 36” long. Another is an Unertl that thinks it’s a celestial observatory.

I see you.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/23/22
I'm thinking of trying one for my little single shot 22!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/23/22
First time I've seen or heard of anyone doing the 3/4" tube scope thing. With rings, even. Very interesting and thanks for posting it.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/24/22
They just look right on a Browning 22 auto.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/24/22
or a Browning leever.....
Posted By: EdM Re: Gru-Bee .22 scopes - 05/24/22
Originally Posted by huntsman22
or a Browning leever.....

Good idea. I have been looking for a gloss scope for my Weatherby XXII and realized I have one of the last of the gloss Leupold 2-7X RF's on my Browning lever. A swap is imminent.
© 24hourcampfire