Home
Posted By: catnthehat Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/14/21
Lookng at the Remington thread, got me to wondering.
Did Barnes quit making bullets for a bit and if so are they back in production?
I figured I would ask here because the gunwriters seem to be in the know about stuff like this.
Cat
Posted By: pete53 Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/14/21
yes and no Sierra bullets i believe owns them now ? before that Remington owned Barnes bullets. but still a good bullet !
Love their Match -Burner bullets...
While Remington owned Barnes bullets I read where some guy in New Jersey had a cousin who's wife's boy friend had the tip come off a Barnes bullet while unloading the rifle. Court case pending.
I hope not. For me who only hunts Alaska and uses a 30-06 a .338 Winny they are the only bullet I use. Started using those wonderful X bullets when they first came out in the mid to late 80's.
Posted By: Yaddio Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/14/21
Heard Sierra bought them also. Not a gun writer and don't know the answer to your question, but non-lead ammo is a good business to be in these days and in the future. Wouldn't make sense to stop making non-lead bullets. More and more states are going to be forced to go non-lead in the future. NY has legislation on the floor right now going that way. California already there.
Barnes is making lots of bullets and shipping them as fast as they can.
I drive past the Barnes production plant several times a month. They have been advertising for the hiring of production workers for a couple of months. I stopped in once and met Connie Brooks. A real nice lady who signed my reloading manual that I bought that day. Also offered to get one of the employees to give me a tour of the facility. The production area is so clean I swear you could eat off the floor. I've never seen a production plant so organized and spotless.
Posted By: szihn Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/14/21
Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the Brooks couple sold it some years ago. I don't think they are involved at all any more.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Thanks MD!
Cat
Posted By: CRS Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Yep

I sent an email to Barnes inquiring about some .416 350gr TSX's. The response was they were running max production. Focusing on the top movers and that this particular .416 was probably not going to be scheduled for a production run this year.
I've been waiting on .338 250 grain LRX
szihn, yes, it's my understanding that Randy and Connie Brooks sold Barnes a number of years ago. When I toured the plant and met Connie, it was probably in the mid 2000s. The original plant was in the back of a house in the town where I now live, American Fork, Utah. I went there in the late '80s when they sold bullets directly from the shop. I remember seeing dozens of rolls of copper wire of various diameters stacked on pallets adjacent to the small parking area. The company has really changed over the years.
I don't hunt and shoot enough to handload anymore, oldfartsdisease. Sure would like to see Barnes and the rest ammo available again.
Originally Posted by szihn
Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the Brooks couple sold it some years ago. I don't think they are involved at all any more.

That doesn't mean that Coni isn't interested anymore. Knowing her (and Randy) pretty well I wouldn't be surprised to encounter either one at the new plant--though perhaps Coni more than Randy.
Posted By: GSSP Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/17/21
We're pretty much running 24/7.
Posted By: WAM Re: Barnes still manufacturing? - 06/19/21
I see a new 101 gr LRX for sale, but nothing on Barnes website for BC etc.
Originally Posted by GSSP

Good...I want another 500 7mm 120gr TTSX.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by GSSP

Good...I want another 500 7mm 120gr TTSX.

Me too! I’m down to my last 100!

Purty sure they have new location now....

Mona Utah along I-15 north bound

Web site says 'Hiring'

https://www.barnesbullets.com/history/
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Love their Match -Burner bullets...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Bought these yesterday. Cheaper than SMK's. I see more Barnes bullets on the shelves than most anything else, so I'm assuming they are still producing bullets.
© 24hourcampfire