Home
Posted By: shouldershot Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Traveling across pa passing near Pittsburgh and heading toward Philly. Along 76 for a good part of the trip.

Any gunstores worth the time to stop? Not into black rifles or military type arms.

Thanks
Posted By: beretzs Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Shydas near Harrisburg is worth the little sidetrack. Used to have the best powder selection of any store I ever went into.
Posted By: TwoCup Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Definitely Shyda's in Lebanon.

https://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Originally Posted by beretzs
Shydas near Harrisburg is worth the little sidetrack. Used to have the best powder selection of any store I ever went into.

Use to, there shelves are bare now on powder, bullets, primers and ammo, guns are at a low time low too. Last time I was in I asked if they were going out of business.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Shydas, Grices in Clearfield is worth the trip, Cove creek outfitters
Posted By: Pugs Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Originally Posted by shouldershot
Traveling across pa passing near Pittsburgh and heading toward Philly. Along 76 for a good part of the trip.

Any gunstores worth the time to stop? Not into black rifles or military type arms.

Bedford - Cove Creek Outfitters and Juniata Trading Company

Waynesboro (little south of your route) Herold's Gun Shoppe

Newville (little north of your route) Shuman's Gun Shop - (had a surprisingly good powder supply last week)

Posted By: Savuti Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Shyda's used to be a great store. Not so for about 15 years.
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Definitely Juniata trading.

Roy
Posted By: Jericho Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
There used to be a little gun shop in Sugar Creek, PENN called T&L guns. But last time I was in that area it was an empty building. Had a fair amount of old cool rifles
Posted By: Ploughman Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
There used to be an outfit in Pitcairn, just outside of Pittsburgh called Esman's. They had a store and a catalog operation. Don't know if they're still there
Posted By: hawkmtn Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/23/21
Several in the Lancaster/Lebanon area, Shyda’s is in Lebanon Pa, as others have said, it isn’t what it used to be.
Not far from Shyda’s is Richland Shooters Supply in Richland Pa. A short drive to Middle Creek Wildfowl Area is Darryl’s gun shop,it’s small but well stocked, In Ephrata Pa is Mussers outdoors and in Bowmansville there is Kerper’s gun shop, all are small family owned local gun shops, you never know what you might find on the used rack plus all the stores are a short drive off of PA turnpike rte76. If you’re into custom guns, Mark Bansner’s shop is in Adamstown also a short distance from rte76. These are the shops that I visit on a regular basis.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/24/21
I haven't been to Trop's in Elizabethtown recently but it's an easy hop south on 283 from the Harrisburg East (#247) exit. If you're staying in Somerset, Hoovers and S & S near Rockwood would be worth a trip. I don't think I'd specifically stop for either of them if I was just traveling thru but if you're in the Somerset area...

Dale

If you're going to Grice's, then don't miss Bob's Army Navy. Just a couple of blocks away.
Posted By: FWP Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/24/21
If you get to Philly you might want to check out Tanner's in Jamison, PA.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/24/21
If you hit Cove creek in Bedford and stay on 30 east to
Juniata Trade, stop in Everett at the True Value. Their stock is a bit short,
but it's a nice little store along the way. Prices are usually decent. (Best in area)

This will make a nice break from the Turnpike.
Get off the Bedford exit. Hit the 3 shops along 30,
Get back on the Turnpike 20 miles east in Breezewood.

When you coming through?
In Pittsburgh, you can't beat Accuflite Arms. That is if your looking for a Custom made Sako Rifle that'll shoot second to none!
Jim, the owner will guarantee it!
I love mine, as does my brother in law!
Posted By: moosemike Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 06/27/21
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Shydas, Grices in Clearfield is worth the trip, Cove creek outfitters

I agree with all three. But I live a few minutes from Shydas and can tell you they are picked clean right now
Posted By: Jethro15 Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 07/20/21
+1 for Trop Gun Shop
Posted By: pat8386 Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/09/21
Cabelas in Hamburg.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/09/21
Grices has been mentioned. Tanners in Jamison (NW of Philly) is worth a stop.
+1 on Cove Creek. Had some nice one last time I was there.
I will have to remember this if I ever go back there..
Shyda's is getting restocked more these days, although not yet back to pre-covid standards.
Posted By: battue Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/10/21
Originally Posted by Ploughman
There used to be an outfit in Pitcairn, just outside of Pittsburgh called Esman's. They had a store and a catalog operation. Don't know if they're still there

Been gone for decades...
If your interest is good shotguns....All within an easy drive from the Pa Turnpike close to Pittsburgh...

Etchen guns...Target and field shotguns

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/

High Grade....Mostly target shotguns

https://higradeshooters.com/

Elite...A little bit of everything with many high end offerings..

https://elite-shotguns.com/
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
In Pittsburgh, you can't beat Accuflite Arms. That is if your looking for a Custom made Sako Rifle that'll shoot second to none!

Accuflite is close to home...Talk loud because Jim can't hear...and don't try to tell him something he doesn't want to hear...He will tell you a Nula can't possible shoot with full length bedding.

Friend puts together most of the rifles for him.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/10/21
Originally Posted by battue

Accuflite is close to home...Talk loud because Jim can't hear...and don't try to tell him something he doesn't want to hear...He will tell you a Nula can't possible shoot with full length bedding.

Been to Accu-Flite several hundred times....JB is a character. I had a few of his semi-custom Sako's and they all shot well. He uses Dave Bruno for alot of his work....which is not a bad thing!!
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Originally Posted by battue

Been to Accu-Flite several hundred times....JB is a character. I had a few of his semi-custom Sako's and they all shot well. He uses Dave Bruno for alot of his work....which is not a bad thing!!

One could do a lot worse than Dave and maybe better.. but unlikely.
Originally Posted by shouldershot

Thanks

See you are mostly a classified poster....you will have to squeeze hard to get the ones I listed to deal very much..
Posted By: RShooter Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/12/21
Big Buck gun shop in Wexford , north of Pgh.
Good assortment of quality guns.
Posted By: John0313 Re: Pennsylvania gun stores - 08/22/21
+1 on Cove Creek. Bob has been great to work with.
© 24hourcampfire