Home
Posted By: 300_savage NECG sights - 04/26/22
Has anyone here ever used the New England Custom Guns aperture sight that clamps on a Weaver base on a Savage 99? If so, did it work with the original factory front sight?
Posted By: TheKid Re: NECG sights - 04/26/22
I have not used one on a 99 but have on other rifles. They are a pretty tall sight and required a higher front on everything I ever put one on.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: NECG sights - 04/26/22
Thanks, TheKid, good to know!
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: NECG sights - 04/26/22
Not a gun writer but I have one I've on a CZ 527 carbine. What TheKid said, it, required a taller front sight for the CZ too. It looks to me like quality machine work but. IMO the adjustments are comparatively coarse when compared to say a Lyman, Redfield or Williams receiver sight. I'd say they would be fine for a closer range eastern deer/woods rifle and clamp onto the receiver securely with no drilled holes required.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: NECG sights - 04/26/22
Thanks 43shooter, that's the kind of info I need
Posted By: Huntz Re: NECG sights - 04/30/22
Used one on a Marlin 336 with a piccatinny rail.I had to use a taller Williams front sight.Their sights are head and shoulders above other aperture sights.
Posted By: barm Re: NECG sights - 04/30/22
It worked fine for me on my CZ 527 in 22 Hornet. It did not require a taller front sight. The newer CZ's have a front sight which can be adjusted for elevation. I did have to elevate it to it's tallest position for it to work for me.
Posted By: 250Sav_age Re: NECG sights - 04/30/22
XS makes one that fits in a weaver base that I use.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: NECG sights - 05/01/22
250, I'll look into it.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: NECG sights - 05/01/22
250, I'll look into it. Figuratively and, perhaps literally.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: NECG sights - 05/07/22
I have one on a CZ 550 in 375. I had the one hundred hard leaf on the express sight killed off. I left the flip up leafs. It did not require a talker front sight.

The CZ 537 in 223 was another matter. It would have needed a fence post. I went back to a scope.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: NECG sights - 05/07/22
Good info, Gojoe. Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire