Home
What is the parent brass for the 6.5 Creed?
Is it difficult to get new brass for that
and what brass can I use me form the 6.5 Creed????

I won one and not really sure I want to shoot or if I should just sell it.
I have been using a 6.5x284 for a long time and happy with it.
Thanks
Tim
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/07/22
6.5 Creedmoor is based on the .30 TC. You can form brass from a lot of things, but its easiest to just buy it. It isn't expensive for high quality brass and once-fired brass is cheap.
Posted By: Puddle Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/07/22
Should be easy to sell NIB. If you're near a SW check them out. At my local SW they have 6.5 CM brass & ammo, and 6.5 bullets stacking up.
Posted By: greydog Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/07/22
In a pinch, you can form CM from 308 or 7.62 brass. GD
Thanks guys. Not sure how I will proceed with this gun.
It is a Savage Apex II. Not high end, but it just may be a shooter.
I am not a real the tupperware stocks though.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/07/22
My advice would be not to shoot it, as it will probably shoot great. Have fooled with around 10 6.5 Creedmoors, and even the cheapest (a T/C Compass) would average 3 shots of factory ammo in an inch at 100 yards. The most accurate was a Ruger American Predator, which would put five under half an inch with the first handload I tried.

As a more general comment, brass can also be easily fire-formed from .22-250 cases with the Cream-of-Wheat method. I actually did that a little when the Creedmoor was relatively new, before factory brass became so abundant. But the round became so popular finding brass was never an issue....
Posted By: 300_savage Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/07/22
You might have the ultimate truck gun. Cheap, probably very accurate, good factory ammo available if you don't shoot it enough to reload.
Posted By: hanco Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/08/22
I have a couple Savage Creeds, both shoot under an inch. It would be a fine truck rifle. Brass is plentiful.
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: 6.5 Creedmore question - 05/09/22
Originally Posted by 300_savage
You might have the ultimate truck gun. Cheap, probably very accurate, good factory ammo available if you don't shoot it enough to reload.

Truck gun in Michigan, I wish..haha
© 24hourcampfire