Home
Posted By: andrews1958 Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
I have followed all of the directions for posting pictures. Every step works well except I can not get full size picture to post on the forum. My pictures show up small at bottom of the page. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do so they will be larger in size?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Go here:
https://postimages.org/.
Sign up. Log in. Choose Images. Add photo. Select and copy Hotlink for forums and paste in your post. Get this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
You don’t need to sign up with postimage or log in to post pics. Certainly can; but don’t need to.
Following AKwolverine’s advice, I tried postimages.org just now without logging in. Results:

Worked for one photo, but wouldn’t do a second without logging in:

Posted By: lastround Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Ok…….I take a picture on my I-phone I want to post. What’s next?
Using your iPhone, go to https://postimages.org and click on Choose images. Select Photo Library, which should take you to your iPhone photos. Select the single photo you want to use and click Add, which should move you to a page showing a reduced size image of your photo on the left along with a list of coded selections on the right. Select Hotlink for forums to highlight the code there. Then copy that code and paste it where you want your photo to appear in your post. And, voila!

Alternatively, first transfer your iPhone photo to an iPad or laptop, then use that to go to https://postimages.org and proceed from there.
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Using your iPhone, go to https://postimages.org and click on Choose images. Select Photo Library, which should take you to your iPhone photos. Select the single photo you want to use and click Add, which should move you to a page showing a reduced size image of your photo on the left along with a list of coded selections on the right. Select Hotlink for forums to highlight the code there. Then copy that code and paste it where you want your photo to appear in your post. And, voila!

Alternatively, first transfer your iPhone photo to an iPad or laptop, then use that to go to https://postimages.org and proceed from there.

Thanks Exchipy, I’ll give it a try.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
The below is a copy I did on another post last week with screenshots directly from my iphone and uploaded to post image

go to https://postimages.org

Click the 'choose images' button in the middle of the screen.

Then click the button for 'hotlink for forums'. That will copy the address to your clipboard.

Paste that in your response on this forum (Paste by ctl+v or right clicking your mouse and choosing paste)
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
I'll add some more comments to make it even more confusing....

What exchipy and myself just posted works great and is easy. I've started using it for posting pictures I don't care to come back to at a later date, things I feel as just being pertinent in that moment.

For long term saving or something I know I might post a year or two from now.....I use imgur (but I would believe an account at postimage would work as well, as well as several other photo hosting sites). It keeps them all in one place for me to use anytime I want and gives the same type of link as postimage.
Well, I guess I’m dumber than I thought. I’ll just not post pictures. I could when it was Photo Bucket, but not now! Thanks for trying guys.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Imgur!!!! Very easy. If you could do photobucket, that's how I used to post pictures, you can easily figure out Imgur. Its also free. I don't have any complaints..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: ldholton Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
I must have some kind of security deal on this phone I just tried to post a image deal and it loads up to about halfway and then just starts over and it never loads anything. But Imgur shows it loads of picture but it's nowhere to be found.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
If one is using the forum process, click on your image to bring up the full size version. Copy the URL that's up at the top of the web page and paste that into the image address box.

For sure a convoluted process here. Easier to use another image hosting site.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
tag
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Originally Posted by ldholton
I must have some kind of security deal on this phone I just tried to post a image deal and it loads up to about halfway and then just starts over and it never loads anything. But Imgur shows it loads of picture but it's nowhere to be found.
Have your kids or grandkids show you how to post pictures.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
I use Post image also. I send the photo to my computer so that I can work with the image using paint. Then I save it to a sub-directory under documents. Go to the post image site and follow exchippy's directions.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Imgur works well too and is free. You can easily find instructions on how to use it on the web.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Imgur is the simplest photo hosting site to use, IMO. If an old Luddite like me can use it, then so can you. If you used Photobucket, you can use Imgur. Of course, I don't live by my smartphone (it's for phone calls and texts - pics get downloaded from the phone and uploaded to Imgur - I do it with my laptop.) The phone is for communicating, not ruling my life.

Copied off the internet and saved in Imgur.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Imgur is the simplest photo hosting site to use, IMO. If an old Luddite like me can use it, then so can you. If you used Photobucket, you can use Imgur. Of course, I don't live by my smartphone (it's for phone calls and texts - pics get downloaded from the phone and uploaded to Imgur - I do it with my laptop.) The phone is for communicating, not ruling my life.

Copied off the internet and saved in Imgur.

I agree buddy. Now most teenagers would disagree, but most of us aren't teenagers either..
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22
Postimage.org
Posted By: skinner Re: Posting Pictures - 05/16/22

Hey it works!
Posted By: Motown Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
Tag
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
Posted By: ldholton Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22

I was learning right along with some others last night. For my phone postimages.org it's what I finally got to work. My phone was having problems jumping from its own signal to the house internet and it would cancel picture download out apparently.
Imgur does not work on my phone at all it does not complete links or something.
Posted By: dingo Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
I use IMGUR because I find it the best image hosting site. File size is limited to 15 meg I think.

Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
imgur is simple and straight forward. -Al

Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
imgur is simple and straight forward. -Al

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DRqOGHWl.jpg?1[/img]

😂
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/17/22
Self portrait, using postimages.org:
Posted By: louiethedrifter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/18/22
Posted By: louiethedrifter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/18/22
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Posting Pictures - 05/18/22
Wasn’t Photo Bucket just the deal. About everyone on here used it. We lost lots of history on this site when they charged a ransom on everyone. Lost lots of pictures if you didn’t pay. I haven’t posted a picture since.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Posting Pictures - 05/18/22
Originally Posted by lastround
Ok…….I take a picture on my I-phone I want to post. What’s next?

for my PC

has to be downloaded into a file

then UR 3rd party will host it..Imgur for example

OR.......you can 'copy image address' and paste any pic

Posted By: tikkanut Re: Posting Pictures - 05/18/22
ya all remember my neighbor girl ?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
The problem I see with photobucket is how they disfigure each photo with their damn logo:

I posted this photobucket example using postimages.org.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
Screw photobucket!!
This one was kissing his azz good bye..
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
Originally Posted by 7_08FAN
Wasn’t Photo Bucket just the deal. About everyone on here used it. We lost lots of history on this site when they charged a ransom on everyone. Lost lots of pictures if you didn’t pay. I haven’t posted a picture since.

Yep, I haven't used them since. We lost a lot of great threads because of them. Give the middle finger to the man..
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
After the photobucket implosion, there were several ways to access your pictures stored there and move them if you wanted to. No watermark on the pics, either. I accessed all of mine and moved them to Photoscape.

Imgur works well.

Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
Guess I should have tried to capture mine. Probably to late now.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
If it were easy and straight forward then every member would be doing it to some degree.
I have used sites that simply access your own PC, select and post in a few seconds. It doesn't need to be anymore complicated than what is already established.
IT always falls down by "telling you" instead of "asking you".
After nearly 50 years in the Printing industry with always the best and latest IT publishing available, I can't do it after 20 years here, so don't even bother any more.
When its
1. Select add pic icon (goes to your desktop)
2. select file (your files, you already know how to navigate)
3. select mini or full screen (publish/posting size)
4. select post, then I'll take another look.

Apologies to Rick, had to say it.
Posted By: hanco Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
Postimage is very easy, even I can do it. I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer

Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/19/22
Its not a matter of how easy it is when you know how to do it, it is a matter of being needlessly complicated compared to how user friendly it could be.

Step 1 says navigate to Image Gallery in the miscellaneous Thread.

Ok, been there a lot, there is no Image Gallery there.
Open the top sub thread on Image gallery, get the same instruction.

Wild goose chase ended, again.
Click, desktop, select file, post. That is all that needs to happen.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/20/22
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Its not a matter of how easy it is when you know how to do it, it is a matter of being needlessly complicated compared to how user friendly it could be.

Step 1 says navigate to Image Gallery in the miscellaneous Thread.

Ok, been there a lot, there is no Image Gallery there.
Open the top sub thread on Image gallery, get the same instruction.

Wild goose chase ended, again.
Click, desktop, select file, post. That is all that needs to happen.

Ignore all the image gallery crap.

Do exactly what you say, but do it on postimage.org, select “hotlink for forums”. Post it here.
Posted By: hanco Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
I started using the Campfire Image Gallery system when it appeared, and after a little questioning of Rick, have never had any trouble. But I had to translate his computerese directions (he IS a computer geek) into easier directions--which I have made available to several other Campfire members.

I might use some other photo-storage/transfer program, if I hadn't been around during the Imgur debacle.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Tag
Posted By: ldholton Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Nobody could have been any more frustrated trying to post pictures and I was.

The image gallery within the website here always told me my pictures were too big..

Imgur just flat does not work with my phone. Some of the things people say to push next never appear

Post image works good for me that's where I finally got to be able to post pictures. I will note with post image if you have poor signal it may not work. Or work very fast or well
Posted By: ldholton Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Posted By: louiethedrifter Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22

Posted By: markopolo50 Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Imgur, but I always use my desktop to load. Never tried my phone.

Posted By: 450yukon Re: Posting Pictures - 05/21/22
Tag
Posted By: Mbogo2106 Re: Posting Pictures - 05/22/22
You guys using postimage, are you resizing your pics before posting? Mine started out fine but now everything I post is a tiny little thumbnail pic.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Posting Pictures - 05/22/22
Originally Posted by Mbogo2106
You guys using postimage, are you resizing your pics before posting? Mine started out fine but now everything I post is a tiny little thumbnail pic.

Make sure you’re choosing hotlink for forums and not thumbnail for forums

You’re awesome. Thanks👍👍
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: Posting Pictures - 06/03/22
Great info
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Posting Pictures - 06/03/22
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Posting Pictures - 06/03/22
I guess it's the way of the world now - using phones for everything. I still don't know how to employ my phone for much of anything except making calls, texting, and basic 'net surfing, and so it shall remain because I refuse to adopt it as a substitute for my brain or demand that it makes me squint at a post card-sized screen. If anything more in terms of interacting on the internet is required, it can wait until I'm home in front of my laptop.

Imgur:

© 24hourcampfire