Home
Posted By: barm School me on borescopes - 06/26/22
I want to get a borescope which is capable of doing barrels as small as 17 caliber. What are my options?
Posted By: mart Re: School me on borescopes - 06/26/22
I wish Teslong would make a bore scope for a 17. I have theirs and it is for .20" or larger. I also have the Lyman. Same thing, .20" or larger. The Teslong is considerably less money than the Lyman and considerably better, IMHO. But alas, neither are available in 17.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: School me on borescopes - 06/26/22
https://www.oasisscientific.com/store/c39/gun-borescopes

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...im-hawkeye-borescope-kit-prod25185.aspxT
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: School me on borescopes - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by mart
I wish Teslong would make a bore scope for a 17. I have theirs and it is for .20" or larger. I also have the Lyman. Same thing, .20" or larger. The Teslong is considerably less money than the Lyman and considerably better, IMHO. But alas, neither are available in 17.

Which is why I still have a Gradient Lens Hawkeye, along with a recently purchased Teslong. Bought the Hawkeye about 20 years ago from Brownells for what I recall was $800, and Gradient upgraded it a few years ago when they improved the optics. It was well worth the price to me due to my job, but for the average shooter a Teslong does the job, even though it won't work in .17 barrels. (Have owned a number of .17 caliber rifles over the years, and all have had very good barrels, even the used Remington 700 BDL .17 Remington I had for a while.)
Haven't tried the Vividia, but probably will have to eventually.

Have got an article assignment partly on this subject coming in Rifle magazine in the next few issues.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: School me on borescopes - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by mart

Which is why I still have a Gradient Lens Hawkeye, along with a recently purchased Teslong. Bought the Hawkeye about 20 years ago from Brownells for what I recall was $800, and Gradient upgraded it a few years ago when they improved the optics. It was well worth the price to me due to my job, but for the average shooter a Teslong does the job, even though it won't work in .17 barrels. (Have owned a number of .17 caliber rifles over the years, and all have had very good barrels, even the used Remington 700 BDL .17 Remington I had for a while.)
Haven't tried the Vividia, but probably will have to eventually.

Have got an article assignment partly on this subject coming in Rifle magazine in the next few issues.

Did you notice that a couple Vividia scopes look exactly like a Teslong?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: School me on borescopes - 06/27/22
Hadn't noticed, but would not be surprised! Will look again....
Borescopes-a barrelmaker's best friend!
Posted By: barm Re: School me on borescopes - 07/02/22
Will the Vividia 460 actually work in the 17 caliber bores as stated? How would it compare to the Hawkeye?

https://www.oasisscientific.com/store/p469/Vividia_GB-460_USB_Digital_Manual_Focus_Gun_Barrel_Borescope_with_4mm_%280.158%22%29_Diameter_and_24%22_%2860_cm%29_Long_Insertion_Tube.html
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: School me on borescopes - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Lol.
Posted By: barm Re: School me on borescopes - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Lol.
Oh to be part of the aristocracy…
© 24hourcampfire