Home
Posted By: BEN243 Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
Is anyone seeing Sierra bullets for sale anywhere ... especially in the North East (NY, PA, MD, VA, WV) ? If so where ? Also, since Sierra has now purchased Barnes, does that mean we won't be seeing any Barnes bullets either ? Ben
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
I'm not seeing any new stock on the shelves and have gotten very few notifications about Sierra bullets being in stock anywhere. I've got notification requests out all over the place for the .224 50 grain Blitzking and 7mm 150 grain Gameking.
Posted By: hanco Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
Very few in my reloading store!
Posted By: southtexas Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
And not only are they not available, their prices are ridiculous.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
I see plenty of Barnes bullets that are available. Their prices are more ridiculous.
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
I've seen about 7 boxes total between about 3 different Sportsman's Warehouse in my area. 2 of the boxes were .277 130 grain Game Kings, 1 was still on the shelf the last time I was in there.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
Peek here......

They offer 2nds..........but don't think they ship ??

I've always stayed away from the Blitz King plastic tipped

Click on download link to view pricing per pound

https://www.sierrabullets.com/about-us/factory-outlet/
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Sierra bullets - 08/09/22
I just bought 1000 77 grain MK from Champions choice, around 30 cents each. Creedmoor had them also.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Caliber, model and weight?

Last I saw Midway had some in .224 55 grain Gameking SP.
https://www.midwayusa.com/bullets/br?Availability=Available&Brand=Sierra&cid=19785
Ammoseek.com??
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I've always stayed away from the Blitz King plastic tipped

Reasoning?
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....ts?brand=sierra-bullets&instock=true
Less than 2 minutes searching.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
I have seen increasing amounts in different calibers and models of Sierra bullets on local lgs had the 30 cal 165 tmk and others including 90 gr.6mm tmk which I've thought about for use in.my old m7 6mm rem with 18.5 inch barrel. Lotta different mk's, sp, btsp hunting bullets. Local sources seem to be getting more all the time...mb
Posted By: Seafire Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
was just looking on Mid South's site...

They have a batch of decent hunting bullets available...kinda bread and butter stuff....

not only Sierra but Hornady, Speer etc also... and considering the dollar is worth only 39 cent under Biden right now..
the pricing isn't too off the mark...its Biden we have to thank and the democRats also.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
BEN243: One of my lifelong friends and Hunting/Varminting partners is LITERALLY on the phone every week to the higher ups at Sierra complaining about his lifelong use of their bullets for Hunting/Varminting/targeting and for the last year plus he CAN NOT replace the Sierras he shoots.
Their answer - repeatedly - is we don't care we are dedicating our bullets for ammo and ammo manufacturers.
I agree on the shortage, in my constant perusal of gunshops, gunstores and sporting goods stores the Sierras are right next to non-existent where for MANY decades before Sierras were plentiful/abundant.
Even my friends threats to boycott Sierra bullets fell on deaf ears down Sedalia, Missouri way.
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Craigster Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Why should they care? Money talks, bull shi t walks.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BEN243: One of my lifelong friends and Hunting/Varminting partners is LITERALLY on the phone every week to the higher ups at Sierra complaining about his lifelong use of their bullets for Hunting/Varminting/targeting and for the last year plus he CAN NOT replace the Sierras he shoots.
Their answer - repeatedly - is we don't care we are dedicating our bullets for ammo and ammo manufacturers.
I agree on the shortage, in my constant perusal of gunshops, gunstores and sporting goods stores the Sierras are right next to non-existent where for MANY decades before Sierras were plentiful/abundant.
Even my friends threats to boycott Sierra bullets fell on deaf ears down Sedalia, Missouri way.
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ever work retail.

Every customer is/should be important.

5-10% of them are your "Best" customer, spend the "Most" money,
make the most demands, and threaten to "go elsewhere".

They guys are never best, biggest, worth the time, and are like a bad
dose of the clap. They won't go away.

The instant the talk goes to how important they are, is when customer service hears, Blah,Blah, Blah.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That's just business. Supplying ammo manufacturers and especially production of their own line is likely more lucrative than supplying reloaders. With people unwilling to work, increasing capacity may not be practical right now.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
I have always preferred Sierra's over any other brand for most of my reloading. The one exception to that being that I like the Hornandy VMax bullets for varmint hunting. It's been hard to find what I've needed over the past couple of years. I've managed to pick up a few boxes here and there, but certain ones I'm looking for have been impossible to find.

I will say this though, there seems to me plenty of 30 caliber, as well as some 22 and 6.5 bullets as compared to other calibers. I'm guessing they are mostly making what is the most popular.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
I saw someplace that the National Archives bought 600 million Sierra bullets for their SWAT teams:

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ing-on-it-unless-you-like-tranny-stories

Okay, that was a lie……..

Actually, the current dearth of components should serve to encourage me to use up the big honkin’ pile of stuff already in hand, a good thing.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Boycotting something that can't be bought is sheer brilliance.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Powder Valley has some.
www.powdervalleyinc.com
Posted By: 603Country Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Recently I bought some Sierra 65 gr GK bullets. Happy to find them, and a bit surprised.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Sierra bullets - 08/10/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Ever work retail.

Every customer is/should be important.

5-10% of them are your "Best" customer, spend the "Most" money,
make the most demands, and threaten to "go elsewhere".

They guys are never best, biggest, worth the time, and are like a bad
dose of the clap. They won't go away.

The instant the talk goes to how important they are, is when customer service hears, Blah,Blah, Blah.

You forgot - "Every customer is the exception".
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Sierra bullets - 08/11/22
Puzzling to me this.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Doubt he buys enough bullets that his "boycott" concerns them too much.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Sierra bullets - 08/11/22
I just picked up two boxes of 6mm game changers tonight. $34/box which I thought was reasonable
Posted By: pointer Re: Sierra bullets - 08/11/22
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Boycotting something that can't be bought is sheer brilliance.
I bet that's so far over his head he doesn't even notice...
Posted By: BEN243 Re: Sierra bullets - 08/12/22
I sent off a note off to Sierra asking them when their bullets maybe available again and got no reply back from them.
Posted By: railman58 Re: Sierra bullets - 08/14/22
I emailed Sierra couple months ago about their 35 cal 225gr Game Kings. Got a reply in 30 minutes. Was told that they did not produce them but every 3 yrs and wasn't on the production schedule at present. Person who responded was informative and helpful.
Posted By: las Re: Sierra bullets - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by southtexas
And not only are they not available, their prices are ridiculous.

They are actually quite cheap if none are available. smile. smile
© 24hourcampfire