Home
Posted By: Xspurt Timney Hit trigger - 11/20/22
What does everyone think of the Timney Hit for a Rem 700? I'm a little concerned about the lack of adjustment for sear engagement - maybe some creep? I'm sure it's been talked about but I can't find anything with the search function for some reason.
Posted By: Deans Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/20/22
You can call Timney and ask them. You can also order the trigger set at your desired poundage from Timney and install it yourself. I've ordered several that way for my 700's.
Posted By: boliep Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
Or you could just buy a TriggerTech product.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
Yup, just buy a Trigger Tech. Might even be on sale about now. Prob don’t want a diamond model since it doesn’t have the bolt release - I think more than one person has made that mistake.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
TT Special what a joy to shoot! Good luck Pard, Timneys are great triggers, to set and leave alone. Among many benefits of Trigger Tech is the ease one can use a little hex wrench and increase the pull poundage when it gets colder in the year and my old hands get stiff! ha
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
I have one in a 700 VLS .223.

It is fantastic at 8oz right out of the box.

I have a couple TriggerTechs also (2 specials, a primary and one diamond)......there are no flies on the HIT trigger and I like it better than the diamond.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
what's the difference between this hit trigger and a timney Calvin elite
Posted By: Xspurt Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
The one thing that concerns me a little is the lack of adjustment for sear engagement. Are they really crisp? I have an old 510 Timney and several Walker type which I have tuned up and they are very crisp feeling to me. I like about a pound or very little more. [ never lend one of these] I have read a few people say the TT is solidly crisp and no over travel but it just doesn't feel that good - like a Timney. Not sure what that means?
Posted By: 30338 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/22/22
Have a HIT, it works quite well.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/23/22
Nobody speaks Jewell anymore. I must be missing something.

I've got 4 of them & they work good for me.
Posted By: Xspurt Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/23/22
I couldn't even guess what a Jewell would cost here in Canada...have heard they are a bit delicate too.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by gunzo

I've got five or six I never had any issues. don't know that I would call them delicate, if you pierce or blow a primer they recommend pulling them out and check and everything any questions send them back to the manufacturer. but honestly that would be for any trigger.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/23/22
Originally Posted by ldholton
what's the difference between this hit trigger and a timney Calvin elite
ANYONE ?
Posted By: oldtimr1 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/23/22
I have a Savage Axis in .270 that had a verry hard trigger, I had a Timney installed and I love it, it is set for 2 lbs.
Posted By: 375Taylor Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/24/22
idholton, I believe the Calvin Elite was replaced by the “hit” model, which has a lighter pull than the hunter elite model.
Posted By: Xspurt Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/25/22
In using "delicate" to describe a Jewell I should have said that I had heard they were more prone to dust...dirt etc, than were other less complicated triggers. I have never even seen one. The Calvin Elite is discontinued from what I can find out and was quite a bit more expensive than the Hit here in Canada. Hit is supposed to have a different geometry which does everything better than other Timney models and other brands. This sounds good ... maybe it will cure cancer too?
Posted By: DCR48 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/25/22
The hit is pretty good. I think Timney got tired of people thinking they can tune trigger better than they can then be the responsible party when there is a problem. Just so you know you can't adjust a TriggerTech either just set the poundage thats all.
Posted By: Xspurt Re: Timney Hit trigger - 11/27/22
Thanks so much everybody.
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: Timney Hit trigger - 12/07/22

There great, but there pricey
Posted By: BWalker Re: Timney Hit trigger - 12/07/22

I love a Jewell trigger. About the only thing that bests them is the Bix and Andy IMO.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Timney Hit trigger - 12/07/22
Originally Posted by Xspurt
I couldn't even guess what a Jewell would cost here in Canada...have heard they are a bit delicate too.
Interesting comment since they are used on competition bolt guns run in NRA matches rapid fire. Get dry fired more than fired. And many of us shooters put 5-10 K rounds a year through them...
© 24hourcampfire