Home
When I was a kid there was an fella named Bob Forker who was technical editor for Guns ans Ammo. I can remember reading his articles 40 odd years ago on pressures and testing. I've no idea what this fella is doing or if he's even still living but I remember his work back when I was younger.
I remember him….
Me too
https://sportsafieldtrophyproperties.com/landnews/2016/11/19/visit-bob-forker/
I think he was writing for GUNS & AMMO a lot more than forty years ago... closer to sixty years ago, if I remember right.
Mother Forker.
I need to dig out some 35 year old G&A’s and read his articles. His stuff always seemed boring to me as a kid. Of course, I tore into every new issue looking for the latest from Ross Seyfried and Bob Milek.
Originally Posted by Potsy
I need to dig out some 35 year old G&A’s and read his articles. His stuff always seemed boring to me as a kid. Of course, I tore into every new issue looking for the latest from Ross Seyfried and Bob Milek.

Same here!
Originally Posted by lotech
I think he was writing for GUNS & AMMO a lot more than forty years ago... closer to sixty years ago, if I remember right.
You must be old.
Interesting guy. He used to stop at our booth at the SHOT Show and tell about all the neat stuff he'd test-fired over the years, like 40mm for the government. Can't remember the details now. That was in the '90's.
yes i remember the name not his writings
Bob had a great technical mind and had a thorough understanding all things physical. He worked with Homer Powley on the two slide rules for reloading estimates and conducted many exotic experiments just to satisfy his curiosity.

Bob and I carried on a long discussion/work/study on the measurement of rifle recoil. We abandoned it abruptly after doing some "back of the envelope" calculations where we estimated that the typical rifle had only moved an eighth of an inch when the bullet left the muzzle. The problem isn't with the rifle accelerating, but with our stopping it. All the physics of bullet acceleration in the bore doesn't mean much. The first eighth of an inch doesn't hurt much. It's just one example of the questions Bob loved.

I regret to admit that I haven't heard from him in a couple of years. Last report was that he was recovering from a smashed face that happened as he was giving a student pilot a check ride. The landing was eventful.

He wasn't old.

Ken
Always enjoyed his pieces. The old timers had a way with words.
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Potsy

Same here!
Plus 2

Seyfried was my absolute favorite writer but Milek was up there. Milek inspired a need for me to own a 257 Roberts and 25-06.
© 24hourcampfire