Home
I have used Kroil to loosen carbon and pre-clean firearms. I heard about something called Mouse Milk as another excellent penetrating oil and wondered if anyone tried it in place of Kroil.
Kroil is great but the smell gets me. Don't know if MM is any better in that or any other regard.
i've heard of moose milk=water+ballistol..
Big Ed
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
I use mouse milk all the time on aircraft. It's preferred over Kroll when using heat.

I've used MOOSE MILK but it was soluble oil+water
This thread kinda threw me - in my construction days, we used to call concrete adhesive - "Mouse Milk" laugh
I ran out of Kroil and used Liquid Wrench. It did a very good job on cleaning out the carbon deposits. Came back a day later and ran a few patches and still got a little more fouling out of the barrel.
I really like Bore Tech carbon cleaner as a “pre cleaner” followed by their copper remover.

BoreTech is a little pricey but I have been more than satisfied with their solvents and cleaning supplies. I stock up each year on their Black Friday sale.
Free All puts Kroil to a shame, in terms of penetrating anything, carbon, rust, etc.

Clean means different things to different people, especially those that have a bore scope. Clean patches mean little.
I found two carbon removing products this year that are far better than any gun labeled products. Cheaper, too
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I found two carbon removing products this year that are far better than any gun labeled products. Cheaper, too

When are you gonna spill the beans?
Originally Posted by keith
Clean means different things to different people, especially those that have a bore scope. Clean patches mean little.

My bores were always clean, bright, and shiny.
Until I got that damn bore scope on your recommendation
Originally Posted by 300Savage
I ran out of Kroil and used Liquid Wrench. It did a very good job on cleaning out the carbon deposits. Came back a day later and ran a few patches and still got a little more fouling out of the barrel.

I like liquid wrench also. Seems to work well. Less oily than kroil. Easy to find at the local auto parts store and costs less than kroil. Currently use both kroil and liquid wrench. Two wet patches usually takes care of most carbon in the bore. Run a dry patch through after a few days and pick up the loosened up remnants.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If i could post pics on Ricks site i would but i can't
Jeez, send me the pics and I'll post them for you!

I'm dyin' here!
or....just tell us.

I went to Liquid Wrench some time back. Would love something with less odor and more bio friendly.
Originally Posted by whitearrow
Big Ed

Bull moose, right?
Originally Posted by Spartacus
Big Ed

Bull moose, right?
Cow prolly.......

Big Ed
Big Ed

I use Ballistrol and water in my flintlock. I don't think it is in the same league as Kroil.
Ballistrol is great for blackpowder though.
Someone that can post pics PM me and I'll send them photos
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I have used Kroil to loosen carbon and pre-clean firearms. I heard about something called Mouse Milk as another excellent penetrating oil and wondered if anyone tried it in place of Kroil.
Kroil is great but the smell gets me. Don't know if MM is any better in that or any other regard.

Made me look........

I thought Kroil smells great

https://www.mousemilk.com/
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If i could post pics on Ricks site i would but i can't

Bezos has it at his store

$15 for this bottle

I have 2 full cans of Kroil......I'm good

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
© 24hourcampfire