Home
Posted By: Teal Trigger type - 01/04/23
Single stage or 2 stage?

Do you have a preference? If so - what and why?

Maybe it's just what I read but don't often see it discussed in gun media.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Trigger type - 01/04/23
Prefer one stage but have no problems with a two stage trigger.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Trigger type - 01/04/23
I like a single stage in hunting rifles and most competition rifles, and two stage triggers in self defense rifles. A two stage trigger give you a little leeway under stress.
Posted By: JPro Re: Trigger type - 01/04/23
I like either in a bolt gun and a 2-stage on autos, mainly because I have double-fired light single-stage triggers before.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Trigger type - 01/04/23
I have used a bunch of different triggers various rifles over the decades, and described my preferences (which have changed considerably) in my most recent article in Rifle magazine, "Rifle Triggers in the 21st Century." Ain't going to simplify/summarize 2000+ words here, but the essay might interest some readers.
Posted By: Teal Re: Trigger type - 01/04/23
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I have used a bunch of different triggers various rifles over the decades, and described my preferences (which have changed considerably) in my most recent article in Rifle magazine, "Rifle Triggers in the 21st Century." Ain't going to simplify/summarize 2000+ words here, but the essay might interest some readers.

MD thanks - I don't buy Rifle too much anymore and I'll go look for this one now. Appreciate it. Been my luck lately, I'll ask a question and someone just did the answer. Asked about tuners here, 2 hours later Brian Litz posts to Facebook about it. Ask about triggers and you just did an article lol.
© 24hourcampfire