Home
Not a tie down screw nut a piece of steel screwed to the bottom of the barrel a few inches in front of the action The .375hh I just bought has one. Just wondering if it was factory original or added later.

Anybody have the dope on this? Thanks

Also looking for a set of used iron sights for it. .550” approximate hole spacing for rear sight. One screw hole for front sight. Yes I put an ad in classifieds
Factory original sir. The 375 and the 458’s had them.
F01
Originally Posted by shouldershot
Not a tie down screw nut a piece of steel screwed to the bottom of the barrel a few inches in front of the action The .375hh I just bought has one. Just wondering if it was factory original or added later.

Anybody have the dope on this? Thanks

Is it a rectangular block with two screws? -Al
yepper
That's how they came from the factory. Or mine did, anyway.
Yes, that's how they were. Not blued...just plain steel.

Are you sure on the .550 c-c screw spacing????
Measured with calipers
Measured with calipers

OK.....checked my notes on the 375 H&H I did a few years ago and they were 6-48s on .504 centers.

Does yours have the cross bolts?
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Measured with calipers

OK.....checked my notes on the 375 H&H I did a few years ago and they were 6-48s on .504 centers.

Does yours have the cross bolts?

Rear sight spacing, not rear scope base spacing.
Many of the early ones, and most of the barreled actions, did not have the lugs
Originally Posted by 458Win
Many of the early ones, and most of the barreled actions, did not have the lugs

Yep! Have seen relatively few of the extra-lug barreled actions. I bought my first Mark X around 1990, a .375 H&H that was one of the "Whitworth" models, but stuck in a very cheap injection-molded stock. It did not have the barrel lug.

Also bought a .416 Remington barreled action from Brownells maybe a couple years later, and it didn't have the extra barrel-lug either.
Mine has the barrel lug and is full length bedded . Surprisingly accurate as well .

I may have a new in package Williams rear sight for it . Shoot me a private message .
I have a Whitworth Mark X 375 H & H Magnum and it has the extra lug. One of the prettiest factory stocks you will ever see with a lot of fiddleback character.

Excellent shooter as well with a 300 gr Hornady RN pushed by R15 to a little under 2500 FPS.
© 24hourcampfire