Home
By very great fortune, I find myself in need of 300 Savage brass - but it seems to be out of stock everywhere!

The one online store that supposedly has a few bags of new Hornady brass is www.worldlyarmory.com - at a price about half of what is currently being asked, no phone number, few reviews, and an online chat feature that assures me its 300 Sav brass is ready to ship.

Sounds like a classic scam setup - take my money, message that it's unfortunately backordered, and never hear from them again.

So - anyone know where I can find some?

PS: If you're going to suggest that I pick up some .308 brass, trim it and run it through a 300 Sav die, I already have considered it and that's my backup plan. But I'd rather start off with the correct headstamp, no additional work required brass.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!
Post a "WTB" ad here on the classifieds, should be able to find some 1x brass.
Good idea, Jason - thanks
https://tacticalproreloadsandguns.com/product/300-savage-hornady-cases/

bags of 50 cases for $28.99

You're welcome
That website doesn't exactly scream "legitimate"...
It looks exactly like www.worldlyarmory.com, down to the chat box, the prices, and having Hornady 300 Sav brass in stock.

I appreciate you looking, Mac, but I don't think I'd chance it.
Originally Posted by Jason280
That website doesn't exactly scream "legitimate"...
Come on, Jason - what's wrong with needing BitCoin to buy your brass (all of which is priced at just over half of fair market value)...
Yeah, I agree with you.
Rex
All these scam sites popped up during COVID, folks were so desperate for components that buying brass (that no one else in stock) for roughly half price (using CashApp) seemed totally on the level.
Just made up 40 pieces of 300 Savage from 308 Win. In about an hour. The converted brass weighed exactly the same as 300 savage brass. Used a WFT from Little Crow Gunworks to trim the excess neck.
I feel lucky to have landed on 40 rounds of old stock Federal 300 Savage when I bought my 722. Also grateful to the guys here for the solid info on annealing. With book loads I’ve got what I need to hunt for now.
Originally Posted by czech1022
By very great fortune, I find myself in need of 300 Savage brass - but it seems to be out of stock everywhere!

The one online store that supposedly has a few bags of new Hornady brass is www.worldlyarmory.com - at a price about half of what is currently being asked, no phone number, few reviews, and an online chat feature that assures me its 300 Sav brass is ready to ship.

Sounds like a classic scam setup - take my money, message that it's unfortunately backordered, and never hear from them again.

PS: If you're going to suggest that I pick up some .308 brass, trim it and run it through a 300 Sav die, I already have considered it and that's my backup plan. But I'd rather start off with the correct headstamp, no additional work required brass.

I may have a limited amount of 30 Remington new in Peters. Maybe 15 loaded new rounds. How about $7.50 for shipping and I'll let you have them.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I may have a limited amount of 30 Remington new in Peters. Maybe 15 loaded new rounds. How about $7.50 for shipping and I'll let you have them.

Thanks for the offer - I don't know much about the 30 Rem, but I thought it was a close cousin of the 30-30, not the 300 Savage. Am I missing something?
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Thanks for the offer - I don't know much about the 30 Rem, but I thought it was a close cousin of the 30-30, not the 300 Savage. Am I missing something?

I don't know what I'm thinking. I will look and check my 300 Savage. I gues I was looking forward to a cold drink.
PM sent
Went back through my stash. I had a box full of 30 G 06 in my 300 Savage Winchester box, but remembered a buddy is sending me 20 or so 300 Savage brass. If you still need them PM an address and I will forward them to you for the price of shipping.
That's excellent, Butch! PM on the way.
Aside from reforming .308 brass, you can also make .300 Savage cases by necking up 6.5 Creedmoor brass.

This may seem odd, but the 6.5 Man-Bun was (according to Hornady) a "brand-new case design" made by necking down the .30 Thompson/Center--which Hornady also "designed" for T/C. The .30 T/C, however, is very similar to the .300 Savage.

The base-to-shoulder length of the .300 Savage is slightly less than the 6.5 Creedmoor (or .30 T/C) but that could easily be solved by fire-forming with the COW method, or a couple other techniques.
That cartridge was well ahead of its time. Lots of respect for the .300 Savage around my place.

Great hint, MD!

I'm sure I can find a pile of 6.5 Creed empties at my range in Mississippi.

...now to look up the "Cream of Wheat" Method...
My method is a stiff load of Bullseye and a wax or Playdo plug.

If you need more assurance that it is a scam site, zoom in on their address on a satellite map.
MD: maybe I'm missing something, but if the base-to-shoulder length is longer on the 6.5 Creedmoor, how does it fit into the 300 Savage chamber after I neck it up?
My 300 Sav unfortunately is hard on brass. It's got an out of round chamber I guess and swells the brass at the web. If it wasn't for that I'd be good on brass
Czech, I believe the base to shoulder is 1.490" on the Creedmoor and 1.558 on the 300 Savage. Double check me, of course.
I love the both the 300 Savage and 250 Savage. Had a #1 turned into a custom 300 Savage. My gunsmith thought I was nuts. "You'll have to rebarrel it if you ever want to sell it" he said. I replied if my widow gets $100 for it she's ahead of the game.
Originally Posted by 41rem
That cartridge was well ahead of its time. Lots of respect for the .300 Savage around my place.

The first modern short action cartridge.
MD: maybe I'm missing something, but if the base-to-shoulder length is longer on the 6.5 Creedmoor, how does it fit into the 300 Savage chamber after I neck it up?

The base-to-shoulder length is close enough that 6.5 CM brass can usually be chambered in a .300 Savage chamber.

Second, using the COW method also "necks up" the case. You don't have to neck 6.5 CM brass up beforehand.
You would be amazed at the accuracy of a 300 Savage in a bolt action rifle
Originally Posted by Jericho

I wouldn't be. grin

[Linked Image]
I wouldn't either: Once owned a Remington 722 in .300....
My 24" DVH Contender barrel in .300 Savage consistently produces groups that make me smile. Coyotes and hogs aren't as fond of it, though. grin

I've used properly-headstamped brass along with reformed 7mm-08 and .308 brass for my loads.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I took my first few deer with a well-used hand-me-down Savage 99 EG in .300 Savage. Its only a wallhanger these days as she needs some work. But I have mad respect for the .300 Savage, both cartridge and rifles.
Originally Posted by Jericho

And also how accurate some 99 lever action are....
The 300 Savage is "the American 7x57". Velocities with 150gr and 180 gr bullets almost exactly match the 7x57 in factory ammo.
My favorite 300 Savage and she shoots as good as she looks smile [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by GSPfan
My favorite 300 Savage and she shoots as good as she looks smile [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is a beautiful rifle.
Originally Posted by GSPfan
WOW!
A form/trim die is good insurance if you have a hard to find chambering that can be made from more common brass.
My old shoulder loves the ‘300’ come hunting season…..
That is an amazing take on a #1…… and 300 Savage sure adds to the cool factor. Thanks for posting the pictures of that stock and metal work.
I made most of mine from 308 shells. (many 7.62 NATO machine gun brass)
I often need to neck turn them after resizing because the bottom of the neck will form from the top of the old 308's shoulder.
But once made they last a long time and I have had excellent results.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...8632371/fs-300-savage-brass#Post18632371
All that brass is sold but on the upside I have found most of my 300 Savage brass from the classifieds here.
tag

I have some factory ammo I'll sell you.
The 300 is the 300 man bun??? I wonder if it came out today and it was called 30 Creedmoor??? Oh yeh throw in a 1 in 5” twist and wa la.
A friend swore that the 300 is the best deer cartridge ever. Maybe the 300 is one of those under appreciated cartridges, but not by those that own one. My 99 in 300 Savage does very well on white tail.
I know you were wanting the correct head stamp, but forming cases is easy. I had a plenty of 308 brass and it made 300 brass fast and easily. The 300 looks enough different than the 308 that mistaking them isn’t likely in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Bugger
The 300 is the 300 man bun??? I wonder if it came out today and it was called 30 Creedmoor??? Oh yeh throw in a 1 in 5” twist and wa la.
A friend swore that the 300 is the best deer cartridge ever. Maybe the 300 is one of those under appreciated cartridges, but not by those that own one. My 99 in 300 Savage does very well on white tail.
I know you were wanting the correct head stamp, but forming cases is easy. I had a plenty of 308 brass and it made 300 brass fast and easily. The 300 looks enough different than the 308 that mistaking them isn’t likely in my opinion.

He will have some coming.
50 rounds of 300 Savage brass headed his way.
Anyone who says he can't find 300 Savage ammo is not in the lower 48.
I am all fixed up with brass and ammo - there are some VERY generous guys here on the 'fire.

Thanks, Butch!

Thanks, Hook!
I am all fixed up with brass and ammo - there are some VERY generous guys here on the 'fire.

Thanks, Butch!

Thanks, Hook!

Love the fire for this.
© 24hourcampfire