Home
Posted By: southtexas 6mm 90gr Speer Deep Shock - 01/01/24
I stumbled across a bunch of these bullets. They are quite accurate in my RARP 243. Am considering using them for deer hunting. Anyone have any experience with terminal ballistics? I think I remember MD saying that they perform like partitions...
Posted By: swag Re: 6mm 90gr Speer Deep Shock - 01/01/24
I remember Natchez like 10 years ago had “found” thousands of these in a warehouse or something they said and were blowing them out. I didn’t shoot 6mm at the time, but was intrigued by them and regret not buying a bunch of them. Curious to hear how they perform also…
The Deep-Shok bullets did perform similarly to Partitions, and sometimes "better," if retained weight is the criteria. The only one I ever recovered was a 180 from a .30-06 factory load that killed one of my biggest caribou bulls at 450 yards, which retained 93% of its original weight.

But they were designed to be produced at far lower cost than Partitions, or other "premium" bullets such as Trophy Bondeds. In the real world that didn't work out financially...
MD: thanks for the response. So is it safe to assume they should be a serviceable deer bullet in a 243?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 6mm 90gr Speer Deep Shock - 01/01/24
I wish I had some.
Originally Posted by southtexas
MD: thanks for the response. So is it safe to assume they should be a serviceable deer bullet in a 243?

Yes.
Great. Thanks
© 24hourcampfire