Home
Posted By: leftycarbon TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/12/24
Looking for a spring kit or a new trigger for my LW Tikka to be able to reach 1 lb.

Thanx,

Lefty
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/12/24
Clip a coupe coils off the factory spring and reinstall the grub screw checking pull and bump test it. My ctr is 14oz or so.

Cznut sells a spring that will work if you don’t want to clip the factory spring.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Clip a coupe coils off the factory spring and reinstall the grub screw checking pull and bump test it. My ctr is 14oz or so.

Cznut sells a spring that will work if you don’t want to clip the factory spring.

You can also shorten the grub screw. I did that with one of my CTR's. With the Factory spring, the pull weight is 1 3/4 pounds. I don't need it any lighter. Great trigger design.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/13/24
There are several vendors that sell lighter springs for a few bucks. Mountain Tactical, Anarchy, Yodave, Lumley, etc. I’ve used each of those and they all work well.
Posted By: tripod3 Re: TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
There are several vendors that sell lighter springs for a few bucks. Mountain Tactical, Anarchy, Yodave, Lumley, etc. I’ve used each of those and they all work well.

Isn't there a difference in metals these springs are made from. Not sure of the dif after install as I have not noticed any yet, so would the only reason to use other materials be cost.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: TIKKA TRIGGER - 04/15/24
Originally Posted by tripod3
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Isn't there a difference in metals these springs are made from. Not sure of the dif after install as I have not noticed any yet, so would the only reason to use other materials be cost.
I’m not sure how the materials used compares between them.
© 24hourcampfire