Home
It seems that there are two guns that I am not destined to own. At least for any amount of time. Over the years four Browning Auto 5 "Sweet Sixteen" shotguns and six 1911 .45 autos have come and gone. For reasons that are beyond me, after bringing either of these models home something happens that sends them right down the road again. Divorce, an IRS audit and job changes are some reasons, all have been negative. I enjoy owning and shooting both guns and am tempted by them all the time at guns shops and shows. Buying the darn things is some kind of portent, none has stayed under my roof for a full year.

Anyone else have guns (or cartridges) that just don't seem to stick? Regardless of how much you seem to enjoy them?
Can't count the number of 44 magnums that have come and gone.
Every 30:30 of what ever make I've had has been stolen. Haven't owned one since 1990 and haven't had any theft since then. Bear
A S&W K-22 or anything in 338-06.

Okie John
I can't seem to keep a 30 caliber anyhing in my house. 30-06's, 300 Win Mags. Currently a 308 resides, but I don't see it staying too long.
Autoloading shotguns or, except for an M1 Garand and M1A Springfield, autoloading rifles, and single action revolvers.
12 gauge shotguns don't last long and from now on won't be showing up here. The 16's and 20's seem to do the job around here with a lot less recoil. I must be getting old...I don't like much recoil anymore!

Mossberg (well, actually any make)shotguns, Savage 99s, and AR-15s.
Ruger 44 carbines. I thin I'm on number 5 now, and can't remember why I really needed it. It may go down the road once the Flat top 44 specials come out. I've also been a serial enthusiast for Win model 70's and Savage 99's.
30/06s come and go here alot. Some were darn fine rifles too.

I tend ot like smaller calibers [257Roberts or 270Win] or larger calibers like 35Whelen or 375Magnums.

Originally Posted by okie john
A S&W K-22

Okie John

yep..... on my third one now and it is a keeper
For me its bull barreled 308's... I can't count how many of them have been let go over the years.
Ruger 10-22s. I bet I have had 6-8 over the years and never kept a one. Just no love for them although they always look like they will be fun.

Ain't had one in ten years or more...maybe need to trade for another.
Originally Posted by 4xbear
Every 30:30 of what ever make I've had has been stolen. Haven't owned one since 1990 and haven't had any theft since then. Bear

Can't understand what drives anyone to steal a 30.30. Like stealing a Yugo.........
© 24hourcampfire