Home
Posted By: taz4570 How to Hang Skins? - 12/10/09
I know, it's a wierd post and I really didn't know which forum would be the most appropriate.

I've got a really nice cow elk skin from 2001 that I to put on a wall in the basement. The walls are drywall. Exterior wall is probably furring strips, the interior I believe is 2x4.

Looking for the best method to hang this thing without putting too many holes in an almost perfect skin.

Standing by.

Thanks,
scott
Posted By: smithwr Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/10/09
Ive never done it but the first thing that comes to mind for me is making a frame of sorts out of 1x4's and stapeling the skin to the frame then hang the frame on the wall. In no expert by any stretch but at least they would be small staple holes instead of nail holes.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/10/09
Thanks, smith. We were considering staples or tacks of some sort, but you have something there in the frame. That would make take downs easy.

Keep em coming.
Posted By: Winchester_69 Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/10/09
Velcro.
Posted By: BRoper Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/11/09
Velcro sounds good. Could you sew some loops to the back? Maybe a taxidermist would know.
Posted By: BRoper Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/11/09
Velcro sounds good. Could you sew some loops to the back? Maybe a taxidermist would know.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: How to Hang Skins? - 12/11/09
Another fine idea!! Whether it's sewn loops or tabs would prevent more holes in the hide. That's what we're trying to avoid. The wife and I are pretty handy with a needle and thread.

Thanks guys.
© 24hourcampfire