Home
I have this scope labeled L.M. Dicksouy. I can't find anything about it. Has anybody heard of this brand name? The last letter may be a J, I'm not sure. That would make it Dicksouj. I appreciate all replies.
.....nope.....and I'm really bitin my lip and holding back on the keys......
Whilst on topic, has anyone heard of Griesedieck beer whistle
Just another off-brand (way off-brand) scope!
It's a popular liniment in Japan.
Maybe a L.M. Dickson? Bob Bell , in his scope book, says they were imported in late 60's and 70's and were popular in Pennsylvania because of their weather resistance.

Bruce
Heard they were built next to Peter Gozinya's Used Car Emporium and Massage Parlor.
Originally Posted by D2Junky
Heard they were built next to Peter Gozinya's Used Car Emporium and Massage Parlor.

LOL! grin
Originally Posted by HawkI

Made by Popa Joe Griesedick
jwp: Got 'er fixed, eh? smile
Originally Posted by HawkI

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
BR,

I suppose that you mean L.M. Dickson. I've had a couple of them. They rate about 2 points below Trashco... smile

If I weren't so lazy, I'd go get my book and look them up. But as I remember they were made from about the middle to late 60's up to about 1980. They were pretty low end scopes. I think the last one I had I gave away...

Edw
I went and looked up my book on "Old Rifle Scopes" by Nick Stroebel...

L.M. Dickson scopes were imported by the

American Import Co.
1157 Mission St.
San Francisco, Ca.

they were imported from 1967 to 1985. They were priced on a par with the cheapest Japanese imports...

Hope that helps...
Grasshopper and others,

Thanks for the info! I owe you one.

The name on the scope is in a script font, and the last letter is hard to cypher. I swear it looks like a y. But I believe the information posted. Maybe I'll post a snapshot if I can get a decent one.

BR
Big Red,

I can see why you might have had trouble deciphering the logo on the scope. The book shows a photo of the script, and had I not known what it wass, I likely might have come to the same conclusion. smile

BTW, You going to the next show in Birch Run?

Edw
I might go. I never know. I really need some more guns. wink Cheboygan sounds interesting. I've never been to that show. Might have to drive through the PRSF on the way. You been to the Cheboygan show?
Nope! Never been to Cheyboygan, period! Sounds interesting... When is it?

I'm plannning on the Mich Antique arms show in Novi on May 15.

Edw.
The Cheboygan show is May 1&2. Here's a link:

http://www.migunshows.com/

Glad I stumbled onto this thread. I didn't even know there was going to be a show in Cheboygan and I only live 17 miles from there.

Grasshopper, is the Midland show still a big event? I used to go to that one every year when I still lived down there.
If you MI guys are going to Sheboygan do you ever take the ferry across from Ludington MI to Manitowoc WI?

Seems like it would save a bunch of driving and allow you to relax for 4 hours.

I've wanted to take the ferry for some time, maybe I will when my family goes to the vintage races at Road America in mid May.
Ahem...This would be Cheboygan Michigan. wink But I'm betting that you knew that and are just playing along, right?
Is a Dicksouy anything like a Dickfore?
Originally Posted by JPro
Is a Dicksouy anything like a Dickfore?

What's a ....Never mind! grin
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Ahem...This would be Cheboygan Michigan. wink But I'm betting that you knew that and are just playing along, right?

Nah, didn't know that.

Whoda thunk there would be two places named Cheboygan/Sheboygan in neighboring states. crazy
Might have something to do similar latitudes and long winters.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Grasshopper, is the Midland show still a big event? I used to go to that one every year when I still lived down there.

bruinruin,

Alas; the old Midland show is history. frown The Pine River Longriflemen who used to promote the show, turned it over to Midland Co. Sportsmans Club At about the same time, the City Fathers got where they didn't like the show in downtown Midland. It went to Birch Run for a couple of years, then came back to the Midland Civic Arena. But by then, it just kind of flopped. Table fees increased to like about $50 per table, and admission went up. I sat up at the Midland show for years. But I finally gave up on it. frown

When the PRLRM ran the show it was the best show in MI. But I heard that they couldn't get people to work it anymore. I expect the folks who did it for years, just got too old to do it anymore. But as I'm sure you know, Gun Shows just aren't what they used to be. frown I know of two or three major gun shops in MI who sell their used guns over the counter cheaper than you can buy them at gun shows. Like most everything else, Nothing good lasts forever...
That's really too bad. I was born and raised in Midland county and when spring rolled around I was always antsy to visit the annual gun show.

I'm gonna see if I can make it to the Cheboygan show.
© 24hourcampfire