Home
And if so in what weights? And can you still find them?
225 grains, don't know if they are still available. Try their web site?

They shot really well from a Ruger 77 .358 Win. I used to have, but the 225 gr Partitions did better.
Would love to try a 200 grain NBT in my 358 SFB!
PS - I realize they don't make them...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
PS - I realize they don't make them...

That is exactly what I would like to find, but no such luck. 225 gr Accubond must have taken the BTs place.
I still shoot the old Nosler 225 grain BT in my Whelen. They are by far the most accurate 35 bullet I have ever used. The accubonds don't do nearly as well in my Whelen. I expected violent expansion, but I found them to very tough-about 60% of the bullet's weight is jacket.
Yes, the 225 gr B-Tip was replaced by the 225 AB. However, I have found the AB's to be very close accuracy wise to the B Tips.

Check some of the small gun shops as you travel around. The B-Tips can still be found. They were much tougher than the typical Blasting Tip.

You might try running a WTB in the classifieds here. Ya just never know who might still have a box or three sitting on their reloading bench!

WN
No longer made. They were the 35 Whelen 225 grain bullet. they shoot great in my 358 Win.
Yep, the .35 BT's were among the models with really heavy jackets. The AccuBond is basically the same bullet bonded.
I still have some of the 225 BT's and use them in my 35 Whelen. Several years ago I shot a 235 lb whitetail head-on with one and after it passed through an unseen branch of about 1 1/2" diameter it put a 1" hole just below the throat patch and proceded to plow lengthwise through FOUR vertabrae. I found the jacket and core together when I butchered it but I haven't weighed it. Needless to say he DOTS.
The 35 never impressed my like the 200 grain 33 did. I ran one through a fox at very lowly speeds (2200-2300 fps) and totally splattered the bullet. I recovered the single large piece, the jacket, just beyond the animal on the snow. There were specks and particles of fox and bullet everywhere in quite a radius. It was no surprise that the box the bullet came from contained data for Whelen loads only. I suspect Nosler designed the bullet for less speed than the similar weight 338 BT. I'm sure it probably worked well on deer. I know the 200 33 worked on caribou and also moose, even at 340 speeds.
Partial box of 225 gr BT's available for small change. 34 count in the original box. Don't have a .35 any longer. $15 and I cover postage.

PM........
If no oner else above is interested, I'll add them to my inventory.

PM me if I get them and I"ll send $ your way,

Allen
Would love to try a 200 grain NBT in my 358 SFB!
Have you tried the Hornady FTX in that weight?

PS- Looks like I'll be living in Madison County next week...
Only ballistic tip that didn't expand for me, just punched a 35 caliber hole through the deer.
I got three boxes of them on gunbroker. I see them from time to time on that sight. Search the reloading section for .358
Negative on the FTX. Just running the Hornady 200 grain Spitzer at 2,600. Trying the 200 TSX but think that would way overpenetrate a deer...
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Only ballistic tip that didn't expand for me, just punched a 35 caliber hole through the deer.

'Tween your anecdote and mine, I wasn't sorry to see this particular specimen go...
Negative on the FTX. Just running the Hornady 200 grain Spitzer at 2,600. Trying the 200 TSX but think that would way overpenetrate a deer...
How far you figure you can shoot and still get expansion with the TSX? 300?
Originally Posted by Kimberman
And if so in what weights? And can you still find them?

Yes they did, but now only make them in a Accubond 225 gr
Is the Accubond less anything than the Ballistic Tip?

1B
One interesting bit of info I noticed is that Nosler states the ballistic coefficient of the 225 gr .358" Partition is higher than the BC of the equivalent (same caliber and same weight) Accubond. I haven't seen any other Partition in Nosler's line that had a higher BC than the equivalent Accubond.
© 24hourcampfire