Home
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Self Aiming Rifle? - 10/03/10
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/01/self-aiming-shot-sniper-rifle-scheduled-year/?test=faces

Not much detail here, can anyone fill us in?
Posted By: atkinsonhunting Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 10/03/10
My rifles must be self aiming, I never miss! ?????????
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 10/03/10
Self aiming rifle.Where is the fun in that?
Posted By: MartyC Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
I had one, but it couldn't shoot as well as Ray'sso I traded it off

MC
Posted By: 1minute Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
With a firearm actually built to mesh with ones frame (i.e. several fittings), they almost instinctively end up on target. That's one benefit to doing ones own stocks.
Posted By: TexasTBag Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
Isn't this out already..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rman Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
It's not so much the rifle as the scope. It will not be self aiming. What it will do is calculate a balistic solution, including wind, based on the parameters the scope reads. There are devices out there now that do this, but do not read windage. Examples are the Barrett BORS, as well as scope from Hensolt. There are reports of prototypes before the end of 2011.

R.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
Looks like the rifle will be the least expensive part of the system.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/03/10
i found that with practice they are all self aming,because when hunting i don't ever remember doing it.
Posted By: whelennut Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/04/10
I had my customer tell me one time that he is better off without an accurate rifle because he is such a poor shot that he is better off if the bullet doesn't go where he is aiming! grin
whelennut
Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/04/10
Almost anything is possible if you have 6.9 million dollars to spend. That is OUR money, by the way.
Posted By: POPBEAR Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/04/10
Had a 788 years ago, used it so much that I actually said that when I saw game the rifle just took over.
Posted By: djs Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/04/10
According to the story, DARPA (Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency) is behind it; this is the same agency that gave us the F-117, ARPANet (internet precurser), stealth developments, etc. They are open to all new ideas and fund them - some work and some fail.
Posted By: hawkins Re: Self Aiming Rifle? - 11/04/10
How does it measure the wind?
© 24hourcampfire