Home
Are these models discontinued? I was interested more in the small 799, and in looking at the website it appears so. Can anyone help with more info?
They were not discontinued, just no longer imported by Remington.

These are the same as the Interarms and Daly Mauser/mini mausers
Watch for another company to start importing them

Mike
http://www.ussginc.com/pdfs/USSG_2011_Z98_Z5.pdf
The 798/799 lines were discontinued by Remington about 9-12 mos. ago but someone's given the link to USSG. Too bad we're not able to buy NIB Zastava actions.
Try Midway.
Butch
In Australia ... when Remington dropped them, Beretta Australia picked them up as Zastavas ... came with a $700 price drop too where the Rem798 sold around $1500, the Zastava is just under $800 ... though it is lower spec'd.

Reliable supply from the factory continues to be a problem.
Cheers...
Con
CDNN has some short actions from FN. I don't remember whether they are Mauser or Win Mdl 70 type, but either is good. They were $349.00, I think.
There are plenty of NIB 798s, and 799s around.
I have a 799 with a terrible trigger. Does anyone know if an aftermarket trigger is available. Timney stopped making them.

Thanks,
Bill

Any trigger for an FN action should work, I believe.
An FN trigger on a 799 mini-mauser?

Jeff
I have a 799 with a terrible trigger. Does anyone know if an aftermarket trigger is available. Timney stopped making them.

Any trigger for an FN action should work, I believe.

Mark, I think the 799 is the small action.
I had the standard Zastava action in mind...not the mini.
Anyone have one of these, guy at work wants to sell me one in great shape for 250 bucks. 7 mag laminate stock. I don’t need it, but it’s cheap
have a 798 in 458 mag. Trigger is very adjustable. Fairly accurate so far. Action was rough before I polished the heck out of the rails and bolt surfaces. Had mine salt bath nitrided for protection when helping on brown bear hunts on the coast.
Originally Posted by hanco
Anyone have one of these, guy at work wants to sell me one in great shape for 250 bucks. 7 mag laminate stock. I don’t need it, but it’s cheap

For $250 I'd buy even though I don't need another 7mm Mag. I have two of the Zastavas in 7mm rem and both are very accurate, very reliable.
Originally Posted by z1r

For $250 I'd buy even though I don't need another 7mm Mag. I have two of the Zastavas in 7mm rem and both are very accurate, very reliable.

+1

DF

Buy it!
Zastava
I guess I need to go look at it, that would be five 7 mags if I buy it.
Offer $225 since he asked $250. Bargain
Buy it because it's $250.

The bargain junk rifles everyone make cost more.
This ain't junk.
Originally Posted by WAM
Offer $225 since he asked $250. Bargain

Yeah, buy it for $225 then sell it to me for $250. :-)

Last 7mm rem Zastava I got had a Timney FW trigger installed. It was misadjusted and would fire when it shouldn't. Salesman noticed this and called the owner to let him know. He deducted $100 off the price to cover the cost of a replacement trigger. 2 minutes at home and it was working perfectly. A $225 loaner rifle!
I have one in 300WM I paid $525 out the door, 3 years ago.

Buy!
I don't know if the 799 trigger is the same as the earlier mini Mauser imported by Charles Daly but I suspect it may be since it's the same action. I have three of them and the triggers are easy to adjust.
© 24hourcampfire