Home
Are the current Remington express 20 gauge youth models actually the same as the older "LW" lightweight?

What's the trick with slipping the quarter through the ring again?
I don't think they are, as the LW's where only rated for 2 3/4" shells if I recall

I was looking at one for my son and it was anything but light.
Can't talk to 'current', but my 1993 version is not a LW.
I have a LW Magnum 20....from 79.....
I know they made 3" Lightweight Magnums, marked thus on the receiver.

I was hoping that the current Youth models were actually lightweight clones.

How do you tell again with the quarter trick?
I had an Express 20 and it was a LW. LWs shoot 3" shells.
I thought that they renamed the youth model and called it the "Compact" model.
It is my understanding that the 20ga was originally on a 12ga frame until the LW models came along.

Now all the 20's are on the smaller frame and not marked as LW.
I have found that to be the case.
Originally Posted by stray round
It is my understanding that the 20ga was originally on a 12ga frame until the LW models came along.

Now all the 20's are on the smaller frame and not marked as LW.

Yep...
I just bought a 870 express youth camo this March. It handles 3" shells and is only 6 lbs. Definitely lightweight!
The first comment my kid made is that it was too heavy...so I guess it's subjective
DD - think they are all now LW as posters sd above, and IIRC, my son's Youth was a 3" and so marked. Maybe I am wrong, or that some were and some not. Guns been sold so cannot confirm.

I bought my grandson a Youth model 870 express and now he's out-grown it. Anybody know what stock to order? A synth one in black or camo?
Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure there is some way to tell for sure based on slipping a quarter through the barrel ring. Does anyone know?
© 24hourcampfire