Home
I have this to contend with.........

[Linked Image]
I've seen it on the shelves at Accademy Sports and other places. Look for the bright neon green/purple/yellow boxes....you can't miss it. The boxes even carry a new warning...something about this is not a toy...real ammunition....
;-)

Should handle all of your worrisome targets.
News flash. There are no such things as zombies. Never has been, never will be and ammunition for them is the dumbest damn thing I've ever seen. Outside of the retards who'd actually buy the schit that is.
The next time you intend to post a picture of my ex mother in law, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a message telling me not to look. Soured the milk in my cereal this morning.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
News flash. There are no such things as zombies. Never has been, never will be and ammunition for them is the dumbest damn thing I've ever seen. Outside of the retards who'd actually buy the schit that is.

OH NO! It's an Anti-Fun Zombie!

:-) .................dj
The ammo is out:

[Linked Image]

It can be hard to find sometimes. Don't forget to add a few Silvertips for Vampires and Werewolves!

[Linked Image]

:-) ................ dj
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The next time you intend to post a picture of my ex mother in law, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a message telling me not to look. Soured the milk in my cereal this morning.

LOL !
It will be "available" as soon as silly bastids quit ordering it faster than Hornady can make it.

I thought it was mildly funny at first. Now I'm afraid that its success will breed yet more kinds of novelty ammo.
News flash. There are no such things as zombies. Never has been, never will be

You obviously haven't seen the occupy Wall Street guys.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
News flash. There are no such things as zombies. Never has been, never will be

You obviously haven't seen the 99'ers.

Bb

I shot 2 just last night.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It will be "available" as soon as silly bastids quit ordering it faster than Hornady can make it.

I thought it was mildly funny at first. Now I'm afraid that its success will breed yet more kinds of novelty ammo.

I am afraid your right.
Originally Posted by reflex264

[Linked Image]

That looks like one of those Juggalos to me and I don't think there is a season, daily, or possession limit on those criminals.
Originally Posted by LNF150
Originally Posted by reflex264

[Linked Image]

That looks like one of those Juggalos to me and I don't think there is a season, daily, or possession limit on those criminals.

Aint that the truth.
The ammo is out.

The bullets for reloading are not available yet.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
The ammo is out.

Travis

Just asking out of pure curiosity, but what bullet is Hornady using in this stuff? I would suspect it's their V-max in the rifle ammo and the Critical defense bullet in handgun calibers, both with green tips rather than red.

Anybody know?
I am afraid somebody is going to get kilt with this stuff, warnings on the box about it being real ammo notwithstanding. I think it is an ill-considered promotion, with layers of potential liability.

How many of us would lend our real guns out to people to play zombies? None, I would hope. Then real ammo makers should not lend their good names to it either.
I can tell you this, the 185 grain .45 acp zombie ammo side by side with the critical defense ammo seemed identical, just different color gummy tip and brass case. I shot a mag of the zombie stuff out of my cz and it was minute of zombie head out to 25 at least, with a better shot probably more.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
The ammo is out.

Travis

Just asking out of pure curiosity, but what bullet is Hornady using in this stuff? I would suspect it's their V-max in the rifle ammo and the Critical defense bullet in handgun calibers, both with green tips rather than red.

Anybody know?

Yeah, like BGG said, it's the Critical Defense in the pistola, V-Maxes for the reload stuff.

Travis
Just what I figured.

Thanks, guys.
The .308 168gr is an A-Max. Forgot to add that...

Travis
The .308 168gr is an A-Max. Forgot to add that...

Travis

Good thinking on Hornady's part. Not smart to let the zombie hordes get to close. wink
Anybody who doesn't beleive in Zombies must not have read some of the brain dead posts in the Optics forum! :-) ............dj

...............dang a couple were probably mine :-O
I would not want to be the guy who used this ammo in a self-defense application. A prosecutor or jury just might not understand the humor.
I dunno, being able to say he was already dead before you shot him might be an advantage in court. You can say you knew he had to be a zombie, else the zombie ammo wouldn't have worked. Let THEM prove he wasn't a zombie.
Note to self, remember this.
I would like to get some in 30-06 if it would feed in my M1 Garand it would be ideal for zombies.
Originally Posted by Hogeye
I dunno, being able to say he was already dead before you shot him might be an advantage in court. You can say you knew he had to be a zombie, else the zombie ammo wouldn't have worked. Let THEM prove he wasn't a zombie.

Ah ha .. the John Hinkley defense.
I predict this will bite Hornady in the ass... Big mistake I think. Can you say Black Talon?
I don't know - price for 500 of the 50 grain .224 Zombies is $57.50. That's less than the the price of the 50 grain VMax...
uh-oh...if they are cheaper..I might hafta see if they work on gophers....
Zombie Gophers....
I have seen it locally but never had a use for it.

Anybody who claims there are no zombies is most likely one himself. Or perhaps working on their behalf, which would be just as bad.

I will not defend any zombie, no matter who they might have been in their prior life.

Zombies is zombies. If push comes to shove, a man might have to do what a man has to do.

Proper ammo, in plentiful supply is obviously important.
Originally Posted by ingwe
uh-oh...if they are cheaper..I might hafta see if they work on gophers....

Duh! You didn't order any yet?

Travis
[Linked Image]
I don't think so!
Some of you guys don't give shooters credit for knowing this stuff is real and dangerous. Mass hysteria.

If you shoot someone with ANY ammo in ANY situation where you wind up befoe a jury, you'll probably have to justify "Hollow Point" "+P", "High Velocity" or any other thing.

Since it's selling well, it was a stroke of genius on part of the manufacturer.
Natchez Shooting Supplies has Hornady Zombie Max Ammo.

www.natchezss.com
© 24hourcampfire