Home
Posted By: iambrb Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 06/30/12
Buddy o'mine got one of these in 25-06 in an estate, what can ya'll tell me/us about them? I have sen posts here about recent tikkas, but was not aware of this gun, which has to be from the early 70's, I would think
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 06/30/12
Did he get the LSA-55 or LSA-65?

The 55 was Tikka's first bolt action rifle.

The LSA-65 was their second and a refined version of the 55.
Posted By: Grasshopper Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 06/30/12
Recently there was a thread on these rifles. In Hunting rifles , IIRC...

They were imported by Ithace from '69-'77. The LSA-55 was a short action and available in .222 Rem, .22/250, .243 Win, 6mm Rem, and .308 Win.

The LSA-65 was a long action available in .25/06, .270, and .30/06.

Both short and long actions had a Deluxe version. The LSA-Deluxe had skip-line checkering, roll-over Monte Carlo stock, Rosewood grip cap and F/E tips. The Deluxe version came equipped with scope mounts and sans sights.

I presume that the rights to that rifle were eventually sold to Sabatti of Italy. I had one once that was identical to the LSA-55 in 6mm PPC (Manufactured by Sabatti) I also used to see ads by Alex Imports, for the Sabatti Rover 870 that was also identical. Hope this helps.

GH
Posted By: Grasshopper Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 06/30/12
iambrb,

It took me a few minutes to find, but here it is:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Ithaca_rifle_on_a_Sako_L65_#Post6561712
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 06/30/12
Good info from GH!

Mine, not so much!
Posted By: iambrb Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/01/12
GH, his 25-06 is just like that...thanks!

BTW - someone else mentioned the BSA. I am lusting after one of the 'Majestic' Light weights in 7x57..................
Posted By: Jericho Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
I saw an Ithaca in 222 quite some time ago, had a plain looking
stock, but not a bad little rifle at all.
Posted By: the_gman Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
Snagged a .308 few years back in a gun shop in Albuquerque for $300. They didn't know what they had but I sure did.... ;-)
Posted By: rembo Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
I've owned a handful of these rifles.
I've had two different M55's in 6mm Rem, an M55 in 222 heavy barrel, two different M65 Deluxes in 30-06 and an M65 Deluxe in 300 Win Mag and a couple others I can't remember.
They all carried sights including the Deluxes.
They are an all steel action with the quality machining and fitting of a Sako.
They have one of the best factory triggers you'll ever find on a production rifle easily going safely to 1-1/2 lbs.
The detachable mag is all steel.
Posted By: Pointbock Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
Originally Posted by rembo
The detachable mag is all steel.

and next to impossible to find
Posted By: blairvt Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
have one in 30-06. Smoothest bolt I've ever felt
Posted By: mliang Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/02/12
I made a custom rifle out of my LSA-55 since the original barrel was shot. The action is glass smooth and the blue deep and rich. It's a great rifle.

If someone would only make a floorplate conversion, it would be perfect. The lack of spare magazines, and parts in general, is my only negative.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Ithaca LSA?Tikka? - 07/03/12
there a few of these on gunbroker with prices ranging from 350ish to 800 bucks. All LA models in 06 & 270.
© 24hourcampfire