Home
Posted By: Snipebander Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
There is an AP report that Greg was killed in Whitefish Montana on Thursday evening. A news conference is supposed to happen this afternoon.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
WHOA ! I hope that's not true. I visited with him for a while this past January at DSC. Seemed like a good guy.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Looks like its true....see other thread.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Another thread on the Hunters Campfire, and I checked the news....its true....
Posted By: old_willys Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Very sad, here is the story form the Billings Gazette

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...46735de-c05b-51f2-a784-26c59fc4e09b.html
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Wow that's a really sad deal.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Originally Posted by Docbill
There is an AP report that Greg was killed in Whitefish Montana on Thursday evening. A news conference is supposed to happen this afternoon.

I had never heard of the guy but this must be him. Sounds like the old "triangle" thingy.

Montana man kills Sportsman Channel host, then self

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...1f2-a784-26c59fc4e09b.html#ixzz2Mz1BnRs6

WHITEFISH � Police in northwestern Montana say a man shot and killed the host of the Sportsman Channel show "A Rifleman's Journal" while the TV personality was visiting the shooter's wife.

Whitefish police say 41-year-old Wayne Bengston then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative's house, and drove to his home in West Glacier where he apparently killed himself.

Police identified the shooting victim as 43-year-old Gregory G. Rodriguez of Sugar Land, Texas. Besides appearing on TV, he's the CEO of Global Adventure Outfitters.

Bengston's wife told police that Rodriguez was in town on business and visiting her at her mother's house when her husband showed up Thursday night.

It wasn't clear how Rodriguez and the woman were acquainted. Police plan to hold a news conference Friday afternoon.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...1f2-a784-26c59fc4e09b.html#ixzz2Mz0ZOLHu
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
He was also a editor/writer with Shooting Times mag. Maybe others too.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
He wrote for ST for awhile, if I recall correctly. I enjoyed his articles, and thought he was one of their better writers at that time. Not meaning to damn with faint praise, but that didn't take too much. It still wouldn't.

Sad to hear about it, though.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Wow! I just talked to Greg at the SHOT Show less than a month ago. That's shocking.
Posted By: Flfiremedic Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
What was his Campfire SN?
Posted By: Snipebander Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
GregR #2262
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
May he rest in peace. I enjoyed his writing.
Posted By: Flfiremedic Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Thanks...I remember speaking to him in PMs, but couldn't remember his SN. Great guy, and this is a terrible senseless loss.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
He was visiting someone else's wife? Did I read that right?

If that is true he should have known that was more dangerous than elephants or cape buffalo.

I wonder if that is a relative. Either way it's a bad deal.

Dink
Posted By: carbonman Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
This was not a "triangle". Many will jump to that conclusion but I know all the parties involved. Totally senseless.... Damn
RIP GRod

More here http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/artic...apparent_whitefish_murder_suicide/32247/
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Damn. He seemed like a really good guy.
Originally Posted by carbonman
This was not a "triangle". Many will jump to that conclusion but I know all the parties involved. Totally senseless.... Damn
RIP GRod

More here http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/artic...apparent_whitefish_murder_suicide/32247/

One would hope that if not engaged in anything wrong then no wrongdoing would be assumed, but we know that people speculate, often assuming the worst. The murderer may have been assuming the worst too, even if the worst wasn't true.

It is common for men in ministry to avoid being alone with women who aren't relatives (i.e., his own wife, mother, daughters, or sisters) to avoid any appearance of impropriety (of course there are also men in ministry who go the other direction, but that's a separate topic). I'm guessing if Greg had a do over, he would make sure someone else was present even though everything may have been innocent as it was.

Regardless of what did or didn't happen, the murder/suicide is a terrible tragedy for all of the families affected.
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Yup,

"Dial said investigators believe the relationship between Rodriguez and the woman was a professional one. "

Like Bill and Monica ....... very professional.

Very unusual for a man to kill another and beat the crap out of his wife and then kill himself for any reason beyond the little head ignoring the big head's advice.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
RIP GRod

I know many think the worst case but it would not be the first time someone was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

One of the most dangerous situations for law enforcement is being in between domestic disputes.

Just saying..
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
RIP GRod

Good to know.

Talk about wrong place, wrong time.

Dink
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
I hate the people who want to forgive the killer or justify his actions.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
Tragic.
Families are in my thoughts.
Posted By: oneoldsap Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/08/13
A wise man doesn't monkey with another Monkey's monkey , my Daddy used to say ! The three men most apt to kill you are , a scared man , a jealous man , or a crazy man ! He ran into # 2 , and paid the price for his indiscretion !
Posted By: handwerk Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Gosh life can be shorter than planned....
Posted By: 1234567 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Prayers Sent.
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
If the news release is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, the husband had issues far beyond Greg. If I had been shot by the husband of every woman I've had a beer, glass of wine, or cup of coffee with, I'd look like a piece of Swiss cheese. I think, as someone else opined, that Greg was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Prayers for his wife and kids.
Posted By: Flfiremedic Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.
We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?
Posted By: Huntz Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Sad deal right there.RIP
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.
We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?

Correct.

Wouldn't be hard to pick a jury from this crowd.The only constitutional amendment some of them know is the 2nd;the 5th,6th,and 14th,they are clueless.

Tragic about GregR and I feel particularly bad for those kids of his.
Posted By: Darrel Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
If the other stories on the Inter-net are true, then he learned the hard way not to be diddling with a married woman. Sounds like he played and then he lost! In a case like that, no sympathy for him!
Posted By: old_willys Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by Darrel
If the other stories on the Inter-net are true, then he learned the hard way not to be diddling with a married woman. Sounds like he played and then he lost! In a case like that, no sympathy for him!

Originally Posted by DINK
[quote=carbonman]This was not a "triangle". Many will jump to that conclusion but I know all the parties involved. Totally senseless.... Damn
RIP GRod

Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by BobinNH
� Wouldn't be hard to pick a jury from this crowd.The only constitutional amendment some of them know is the 2nd;the 5th,6th,and 14th,they are clueless. �

FWIW, verbatim

Article V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Article VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Article XIV
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

2: Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,15 and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State. affects 2

3: No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

4: The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

5: The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
He just posted here on the 27th. It never ceases to amaze me how fleeting life is.........
Posted By: Billy_Goat Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
yepl he was among my favorite writers. none of us are promised tomorrow. RIP.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by panasonicwidescreen
Yup,

"Dial said investigators believe the relationship between Rodriguez and the woman was a professional one. "

Like Bill and Monica ....... very professional.

Very unusual for a man to kill another and beat the crap out of his wife and then kill himself for any reason beyond the little head ignoring the big head's advice.

Really, there are a lot of insecure pinheads running around.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13

You don't know that he did anything inappropriate. Either way, he didn't deserve to be murdered. I have sympathy for him and his family, no matter what.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
This is really sad, that's all.
Posted By: Tanner Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Damn... Incredibly sad stuff here. RIP GR and hopefully his family can somehow overcome it...

Sad to see so many guys speculating right now too.
Posted By: jwall Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13

****If**** the other stories on the Inter-net are true, then he learned the hard way not to be diddling with a married woman. Sounds like he played and then he lost! In a case like that, no sympathy for him!

That's a MIGHTY big IF ? ! ? ! ? !!! eek

OH!! I forgot, they can't print anything on the 'net' that's not true. smirk smirk

How about a LITTLE benefit of the doubt ?? shocked shocked

There are at least TWO FAMILIES swallowed in GRIEF right now, doesn't that register???

S H E E S H !!!!

Posted By: MattMan Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
He coulda had his pants around his ankles givin' the wife of another man a good stabbin... or he coulda been sittin across the table discussing some business related matters.

Only three people know for sure, and two of 'em ain't sayin' [bleep].

Posted By: MOGC Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Did the shooter just orphan the two year old mentioned in the story? I just skimmed through the article, if that is the case that is a very real tragedy itself.
Posted By: sir_springer Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Very shocking news. I've subscribed to Rifle, Rifle Shooter and Shooting Times for a number of years, and have always enjoyed Greg's articles. Very informative, down to earth, and always interesting. He often wrote of his hunting/shooting experiences with his kids, who must be devastated by this terrible tragedy. Kinda feel like I've lost a friend. frown

Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
10:30 at night having a glass of wine. Kinda of a strange business meeting. I hope everything was on the up and up.

Dink
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by DINK
10:30 at night having a glass of wine. Kinda of a strange business meeting. I hope everything was on the up and up.

Dink

whistle
Posted By: arffdog875 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Thoughts and prayers for his family, RIP Greg.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Dang shame! Nice guy, RIP Greg. Enjoyed a few chats in the past. So young.
Never heard of him, still hate he lost his life!

Mike
Posted By: rta48 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Greg was a nice outgoing fellow. He was well liked here in SE Texas. Very Tragic, my heart goes out to his wife and kids.

Randy
Posted By: Lou_270 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Terrible shame. My prayers go out to the families involved.
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
I watched one of his shows just this week about a hunt with one of his children. Sympathy extended to the families.

Jim
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Just to add my personal experience with Greg for those that seem quick to jump to baseless conclusions.

Greg wrote an article about the 7mm Rem Mag in both Shooting Times and Hunting Illustrated. He included quite a bit on the Long Range use of the 7mm and mentioned me and the company I represented at the time. Really good exposure and many gun writers would have tried to parlay that exposure into lots of free product or ever just straight up monetary compensation.

Greg didn�t, simple as that.

Quit guessin on the situation guys. Greg was a stand up guy and this is a [bleep] situation.

Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
RIP Greg.

The critics on here...not so much.
Posted By: kawi Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
You will allways be hear RIP KAWI.
Posted By: TwentyTwo Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
I will miss Greg Rodriguez and his work. May both families be blessed with God's peace and healing.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Dang that sucks. I didn't know him personally other that we had been emailing back and forth about a possible African safari and he was very helpful and patient.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Such a sad ending.I really enjoyed reading Greg's articles and his hunting show.So long my fellow Texan,may you Rest In Peace.My heart and prayers go out to the family he left behind.God Bless,you shall surely be missed.
Posted By: meddybemps Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
He was always worth reading.....and that is about as good a compliment as any writer can get. This is just tragic. Damn.
Posted By: FVA Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
I didn't know his claim to fame but recognize his handle. He came across as a good guy in his posts. Just a tragic event. RIP and best to the survivors.
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
I�m very sad to hear about his death. My sympathy and prayers go out to his wife and children. I have read his some of his articles and occasionally messaged him here on the Fire. He seemed like a very decent man to me.
Posted By: efw Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13

Right on. From what he wrote of his kids he was a caring & involved daddy. How horribly sad and broken this world is... His kids have no daddy & that poor little 2 yr old has no daddy & a bruised and scarred mother.

Prayers sent for all of them. May Greg RIP. I really liked him & his writing.
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
]

Prayers sent for all of them. May Greg RIP. I really liked him & his writing.

X1

Well said.
Posted By: deflave Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by MOGC
Did the shooter just orphan the two year old mentioned in the story? I just skimmed through the article, if that is the case that is a very real tragedy itself.

No. The mom is not dead.

Travis
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13

In a manner of speaking.
Posted By: deflave Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by tjm10025

In a manner of speaking.

Yes. I changed my answer.

Travis
Posted By: justin10mm Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Sad news, the hunting and firearms industry is all the poorer without him. I can remember reading a good many of his articles over the years.
Posted By: BigUglyMan Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Damned shame. Worse still are the dipshits who post slander with no basis so they can feel important.

RIP Greg
Posted By: barm Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
RIP Greg.
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
A little discretion in the way the story is framed in the news goes a long way.

Providing too little info leaves too many blanks to fill in, and when people are left to guess, they usually guess the worst. That's when you see character assassinations by people that have nothing to base them on.

On the other hand, providing too much detail invades the privacy of the individual.

It is a balance the media (in my country at least) doesn't often strike.
Posted By: jwall Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
bobnob-

Well said !!

And- discretion / media. << a contradiction of terms.
Posted By: leomort Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
My sympathy and prayers go out the families of this tragedy
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/09/13
Even if they screwed up, media mishandling of a story does not justify the low-life responses to it. True colors show through.
Posted By: Brad Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Even if they screwed up, media mishandling of a story does not justify the low-life responses to it. True colors show through.

Yup.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
I liked the guy's writing. His hunting shows sure indicated a good natured, fun loving, and very respectful guy. Definitely a family man, as his kids often made his articles.

Very sorry for his family.
Posted By: cdb Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
Never met him, liked his articles.
A few thoughts:

In 2005 I caught my wife of 21 years with another man in our swimming pool. They were naked. Didn't kill him or beat her. Not that I didn't feel like it. Except I felt like killing her and beating him. When men catch their wives cheating why do so many of them inflict more damage upon the other man than their wife. She is the betrayer, especially if the other man is a stranger to the husband. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

The US Constitution, I think there is something in there about being innocent until proven guilty. Yet some people on this thread have already convicted Mr. Rodriquez. I have no clue if he was messing around or not but I choose to believe he was on the up and up until proven conclusively to be guilty. I would imagine that most people who read this forum (including myself) believe that an Assault Weapons Ban would be a violation of their Constitutional Rights. What is the difference theoretically between a Weapons Ban and what some people are already doing by judging Greg Rodriquez?

Last, for those of us who believe in the Judeo-Christian God, aren't we admonished about casting the first stone?

Posted By: 222Rem Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by cdb
When men catch their wives cheating why do so many of them inflict more damage upon the other man than their wife. She is the betrayer, especially if the other man is a stranger to the husband. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

I'm NOT judging Greg as other have, just answering your question.

IMO yes, the wife is the betrayer and rightfully deserves to be kicked out onto the street w/o so much as a jacket. The man on the other hand deserves every punch in the face the husband has the energy to deliver. Every man knows that sniffin' around another man's wife is flat wrong, and yet many guys take their chances doing it---------------and manage to destroy marriages in the process. I don't condone murder, but feel that the wife breaking the marriage vows deserves an escort out the front door, where she can watch her new boyfriend getting his azz kicked in the front yard to keep the blood off the carpet. Just my .02c........
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by cdb

The US Constitution, I think there is something in there about being innocent until proven guilty.
Last, for those of us who believe in the Judeo-Christian God, aren't we admonished about casting the first stone?

Sums it up.
Posted By: cdb Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by cdb
When men catch their wives cheating why do so many of them inflict more damage upon the other man than their wife. She is the betrayer, especially if the other man is a stranger to the husband. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

I'm NOT judging Greg as other have, just answering your question.

IMO yes, the wife is the betrayer and rightfully deserves to be kicked out onto the street w/o so much as a jacket. The man on the other hand deserves every punch in the face the husband has the energy to deliver. Every man knows that sniffin' around another man's wife is flat wrong, and yet many guys take their chances doing it---------------and manage to destroy marriages in the process. I don't condone murder, but feel that the wife breaking the marriage vows deserves an escort out the front door, where she can watch her new boyfriend getting his azz kicked in the front yard to keep the blood off the carpet. Just my .02c........

Yeah, beating the guy up would give me instant gratification, then I get arrested, have a record, cannot own firearms anymore, the arrest gets used against me at custody hearings during the divorce, it is not worth it for me. Now if I ever catch the guy in a dark alley and I am sure there would be no witnesses, I would beat the crap out of him.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
It sucks that media spin works so well. He's small potatoes, but look what it has done to Greg's reputation. He's not Tiger Wood's. He's not Bill Clinton. He's a news story.It is nothing more than a bunch of drama queens (media) writing stories that a bunch more drama queens (you A$$holes that jump to conclusions) will eat up and start spreading more rumors about.

Now, I know you have a million excuses as to why you are right and Greg deserves the bashing. But for just one minute, consider that he was a good man caught in what amounts to a grandiose news story that some idiot is making her career on.
Posted By: JPro Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by taz4570
I liked the guy's writing. His hunting shows sure indicated a good natured, fun loving, and very respectful guy. Definitely a family man, as his kids often made his articles.

+1.

What a shock to read of this ordeal!

I never throw away a gun magazine, and find myself reading Greg's articles again and again. I've mentioned to several folks that his "real-world" writing was certainly worth the price of a subscription. He seemed like a really personable guy and his contributions will be missed.

It sounds like a bad set of circumstances all the way around that ended up with these horrible results. You never know what a day may bring. Continue to pray for the families involved in this, as they will need it.
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by JPro
[quote=taz4570]I liked the guy's writing. His hunting shows sure indicated a good natured, fun loving, and very respectful guy. Definitely a family man, as his kids often made his articles.

+1.

What a shock to read of this ordeal!

That's how I feel as well. I liked Greg's writing,thought he was one of the best of the younger writers. I was thinking about calling him to book a hunt,he seemed to one of the good guys in that buisness as well.

I never throw away a gun magazine, and find myself reading Greg's articles again and again. I've mentioned to several folks that his "real-world" writing was certainly worth the price of a subscription. He seemed like a really personable guy and his contributions will be missed.

It sounds like a bad set of circumstances all the way around that ended up with these horrible results. You never know what a day may bring. Continue to pray for the families involved in this, as they will need it.
Posted By: antlers Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by cdb
In 2005 I caught my wife of 21 years with another man in our swimming pool. They were naked. She is the betrayer. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

Dang man, I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. That's a rough go...!
Posted By: Arns9 Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Exactly. Who cares what was going on between him and the woman. It didn't, by any stretch, justify murder. Some of the responses to this have been just pathetic.
Posted By: Daveman Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
I've sent PM's to Greg about certain rifles he introduced his children to, and he was always responsive and friendly. He wrote a lot about his children, and their hunting and shooting adventures. They seemed like great kids, and certainly did not deserve to lose a father, especially under these circumstances.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
One night when I was fifteen, my uncle Shep and his universally adored Mildred were going to the "picture show." When we were between the house and the car, two other uncles drove-up and snagged Shep to take him to their lodge meeting. Shep tossed the car keys to Mildred and told us to go ahead without him. So we did.

The next day, it was "all over town" that Mildred had left Shep and was "stepping out" with some new guy. Mildred's tinkling silvery laugh epitomized the response of everyone who knew us.

The operative phrase of course being "everyone who knew us."
Posted By: cdb Re: Greg Rodriquez dead - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by cdb
In 2005 I caught my wife of 21 years with another man in our swimming pool. They were naked. She is the betrayer. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

Dang man, I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. That's a rough go...!

It did take a while to get over it.
© 24hourcampfire