Home
Posted By: dave7mm Reloading Components - 03/12/13
A order I placed back in Jan is finally shipping.
Looks like Berger is still making product.
They are still running way behind, but stuff shipping, is a good thing.
No word on primers. frown.
dave
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
You could always go to Bruno's and pay $100 per 1000...
Posted By: bea175 Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
This is the worst time of the year to find reloading supplies in stock any where .
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
Originally Posted by RDFinn
You could always go to Bruno's and pay $100 per 1000...

I predict that, thats going to bite Lester hard in the future.
dave
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
Originally Posted by bea175
This is the worst time of the year to find reloading supplies in stock any where .

Yea but its never been like this before.
Least not as I can remember.
dave
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by bea175

Yea but its never been like this before.
Least not as I can remember.
dave

yes it has, 94 when original AWB went into effect, 2002 after 9/11, 2008 1st Obammma hit, and now the 2nd obammma hit.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Reloading Components - 03/12/13
Told myself I'd never get caught short again - it didn't work out that way.

The magnitude of this scare/shortages, far outweighs anything previous. It's forced me into trimming drastically the powders I use. To the point of only loading for chamberings that can use a common powder. I've learned a lot, not all of it 'bout shooting.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
I don't buy from Lester Bruno, but I think he is selling for $64.95 per thousand.
Posted By: overmax Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
I went to a favorite sporting goods store today and was happy to find a new shipment of H4831 sc had arrived. Bought some large rifle standard and magnum primers also. It was a good day.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
Last 2 days the big brown truck delivered 3 lbs of RL22 and 100 pak of LC 5.56 green tips. Couple of good days
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
How long ago did you order the stuff?

dave
Posted By: sidepass Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
8 days ago.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
You did good. I ordered 7 pounds of H4831 and H4350 from Powder Valley on the 13th of Feb and it was just "invoiced" 2 days ago which means it will take another 3 weeks to be processed and shipped.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Reloading Components - 03/13/13
I have received 2300 bullets-223 in the last week. Thanks to our forum members. I also received 2400 rounds of 223 brass. Have you ever deprimed 2400 rounds of brass? Ain't going to happen again! I have a new brass cleaning kit coming.

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

Only one I have found to clean the inside of the brass and primer pockets also.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Reloading Components - 03/14/13
On the lookout regularly . Call me good to go.

Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Reloading Components - 03/14/13
How come I didn't hear the bad press about Bruno's till after I ordered?
Did it on 1/29, two boxes of Berger bullets, in stock supposedly.
Haven't heard a word since the order confirmation.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Reloading Components - 03/14/13
I just bought a box of 1000 CCI Standard and Magnum primers at a local store for $32 per 1000. You guys who are paying $63-$100 are getting screwed.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Reloading Components - 03/15/13
Duh!
Posted By: Simoneaud Re: Reloading Components - 03/15/13
yeah times are rough, powder valley has that big statement on their front page and they basically have no powder to sell and they are not taking back orders, everybody is trying to start reloading, can't find any pistol reloading stuff etc... the classifieds here are full of over priced stuff, I was trying to buy some 9mm cast bullets and then some old boy called out the seller about a 06 FFL and that ruined my order, he's sending my check back now.

worse than 2008 obama run....
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Reloading Components - 03/15/13
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Duh!

Glad you realize it.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I don't buy from Lester Bruno, but I think he is selling for $64.95 per thousand.

and he also has a minimum quanity requirement too.
His store is not far from where i live, and it really ain't all that big.
I have wandered in there from time to time, but i generally always thought him expensive, even in normal times.
Posted By: NathanL Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
Not to pick on anyone in particular but I just don't see how some people got into the position they are in.

Same thing happened after the 1993 Brady Bill, the 1994 assault weapon ban, the 2008 eleciton, the 2012 election. It's only been 3 months since the last panic and people who describe themselves as "lifelong gun nuts" are out of .22lr in less than 1-2 months after the panic started. Same for primers.

I just don't see it. Do people who are really big gun nuts not keep more than 2 months of primers and .22lr on hand?
Posted By: 30338 Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
Amen to that.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
I shoot 1000 yard Long-Range Bench Rest Silhouette.
http://www.ridgwayrifleclub.com/Varmint%20BR/2012%20vbr%20schd.pdf
We average about 80 rounds a match.
This summer Ill be shooting two rifles a 17 and 12 lb.
With load development testing and checking and practice.
Its not that easy to stay stocked up.

dave
Posted By: jmac4 Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
I see you are in New Iberia. What are you looking for? I was in a small somewhat out of the way gun shop yesterday. He had powder, primers, bullets and brass. Not a lot, and selection was somewhat limited. Prices were a dollar or two above "normal". If you are in the Lake Charles area I can tell you where via PM.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Reloading Components - 03/16/13
I am probably better off than some, not as well off as others. I try to be a glass half full kind of guy, although it takes effort at times.

My particular challenge is that, having recently bought a .223, currently my only rifle in that chambering, I need to find one or two bullets that it likes, and then stock up. I have a few boxes, but not of all I woulld like to try. Then, if and when I settle on the ones I want, I need to find a reliable source.

Hopefully, this will all be sorted out in time, and before I'm in the old folks' home or pushing up daisies.

Paul

© 24hourcampfire