Home
John Wootters Memorial Service was held at his home in Ingram, Texas last Saturday. Notable speakers for the occasion were former Texas Governor Mark White, Berit Aagaard Pace, Joe Balickie, Todd Smith, Bart Skelton, Sheriff Jim Wilson and other Family/Friends.
Info provided to me by Hunter Burnham, son of Murry Burnham, a long time hunting companion of Mr. Wootters.
RIP
Sheriff Jim Wilson has a memorial posted on his website:

http://sheriffjimwilson.com/
Seeing your post, brought me back some years to a time when I was living in CO's Upper Arkansas River Valley, with easy access via The Rainbow Trail to the Northern Christies.

In August of that year, Mr. Wooters had published an article about his prior year's hunt in the area with his muzzleloading buddies. I remember wondering what the effect this was going to have on opening day rifle.

A couple of days prior to the season, I drove to a camping area near Westcliffe to secure a decent tent site. Couldn't even get near the place. There were hunters pouring in from places near & far.

It seems that Mr. Wooters had a great deal of respect from a great many people. Perhaps it's because he was a real writer, who went on real hunts, with real people.

Jim
Thank you, El Numero Uno.
© 24hourcampfire