Home
Posted By: hglass Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
I'm sure you've been asked before BUT where is all the reloading powder.I've tried everywhere??
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
Gotta be quick if you find an online source that has some in stock. No window shopping while your order sits in your cart.

Lost 3 8# jugs that way. Clicked on pay and they were gone.

Don't blink.

Cabelas had IMR4350 cheaper than our LGS. Bought 6 pounds for the '06

Denny.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
I don't know about the other manufacturers' stuff, but the Hodgdon powders are at Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron, Ohio.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14

Buddy of mine found 'H' powders last week locally in central Utah...all 1# bottles......yes...even Varget......$28 + tax
Posted By: DoeDumper Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
WalMart has IMR4350, IMR4831, IMR4064, Varget and RL22 locally here.
Posted By: rta48 Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
I bought TAC, RL 15 & Varget last week here in Texas
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/27/14
Originally Posted by DoeDumper

Didn't know Sam Wall's sold it?
Posted By: Huntz Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by DoeDumper

Didn't know Sam Wall's sold it?

Depends on where you live.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
No trouble finding powder or primers.Bullets are starting to come back.22LR scarcer then hens teeth.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
Originally Posted by Huntz
No trouble finding powder or primers.Bullets are starting to come back.22LR scarcer then hens teeth.

Exactly the same here.
Posted By: denton Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
Still little to no powder here in the Ogden, UT area, unless you are reloading steel shotshells or 50 BMG. Primers we get off and on. Once in a while there is a little bit of 22LR. I've had 8 pounds of TAC on backorder since October.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
Originally Posted by rta48
I bought TAC, RL 15 & Varget last week here in Texas

So that's where the TAC went.
Posted By: lastround Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
I have a LARGE gun shop locally that has not seen any Unique for nearly two years. Same with Universal, my "other" handgun powder.
Posted By: selmer Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
I'm thankful that about 10 years ago I was able to buy my wife's great-uncles supply of Unique after he died. I've got about 10 lbs. down on the shelf, which is enough for thousands of rounds. I'd be happy to trade some of it for Alliant or Hercules 2400!
Posted By: moosemike Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/28/14
I've been able to get Win 760 throughout the shortage so I've pretty much switched to that. .270 brass and bullets is what I've been having trouble finding.
Posted By: nyskt100 Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14
Originally Posted by hglass
I'm sure you've been asked before BUT where is all the reloading powder.I've tried everywhere??

Where are you in New York? I have a couple places just over the border in Pennsylvania that have a pretty good variety...
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14
Starting to see some around my parts, but never what I am looking for. It's a good exercise in reloading, using what you have or can find instead of what you want... Bullseye for the 52-2 is almost gone now and none to be found. rifle powder is around, but never the exact want.
Posted By: hglass Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14
I live on Long Island. Any help is appreciated
Posted By: moosemike Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14

Best help I can give you is to tell you to move. grin
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14
Originally Posted by moosemike
I've been able to get Win 760 throughout the shortage so I've pretty much switched to that. .270 brass and bullets is what I've been having trouble finding.

Cabela's shows 270 win instock!
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/29/14

This may help...http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/
Posted By: rost495 Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/31/14
Part of the reason things suck these days is internet.

Someone asks, everyone goes and gets it there. Where normally it would be by happenstances, word of mouth etc...

Same with fish biting, deer rutting, favorite baits, holes strategies.

Internet has made the world a better place for lazier folks. And thats not a dis either. Just the way it is. Easier to google, than to read a book on how to catch redfish and then go out and learn... now you can google, find where and what they were biting on yesterday and stand a really good chance of hitting some today.
To add to the hysteria then: I was in Salt Lake City over the weekend. Scheels had H380 8# and 4759
Cabelas had h380 1# and IMR 4064 1# and 4227.
There is a store in Evanston WY that had 3031, 296, trail boss, and quite a few others as well.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/31/14
Oh I"m not against the use of the net... just saying what do folks expect?

If there is some kind of shortage and then everyone posts up where stuff is, its not going to last long at all.
Posted By: JJF Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/31/14
The only thing I know that works is to keep trying. I have a hard time finding the Ramshot & Accurate powders I use for reloading. I regularly check the major internet sources. Just the other day, I decided to check some local sources within an hour's drive of my hometown. Bingo. I found what I was looking for (not the quantity I was looking for but at least I found some). So, I'm ok for now.

Luckily, I bought a ton of 22lr ammo well before the run on this took place and the existing supplies dwindled. I have always kept a good supply of this, since I do alot of this type shooting. Now, if I could just find some 22WMR ammo!!

This whole situation has got to get better because it can't get much worse.
Local Sports Authority has 22wmr ammo on the shelves just sitting there. At least as they did last week.
Posted By: JJF Re: Smokeless Powder - 03/31/14
Thanks for the tip.
What specifically are you looking for hglass?

Mike
Posted By: nyskt100 Re: Smokeless Powder - 04/04/14

Sh*t, can't help there... I'm in western NY on the PA border.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Smokeless Powder - 04/04/14
Originally Posted by denton
Still little to no powder here in the Ogden, UT area, unless you are reloading steel shotshells or 50 BMG. Primers we get off and on. Once in a while there is a little bit of 22LR. I've had 8 pounds of TAC on backorder since October.

Cabela's had 7828,varget and 4350, and sportsmans in riverdale had some N165 and N560 and a good lot of remington primers. Remington primers is all i've been able to find now for about 6 months
Cabela's in Lehi had most every brand of primer. Though not necessarily in all sizes.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Smokeless Powder - 04/04/14
Bullets seem to be the hard thing to come by now. I'm well stocked for powder, primers, & brass but can't find the right bullets.
Apparently it's a regional thing because most of the shelves were full of bullets just about everywhere I went last weekend. Pretty much if it wasn't in store A you could find it in store B. Are you looking for something totally off the wall?
© 24hourcampfire