Home

I am trying to put a positive ID on these dies as the "assumed swaging" pair have NO MARKINGS whatsoever. The 3rd die with the wrench attachment is labeled RCBS but i dont recognize it or its intended usage.

If anyone could shed ANY light on these for example: Do the Swaging dies seem complete, are they missing a punch pieces to put in the press ram, are they core seaters, point formers, etc..

i dont want to try falsely jamming something incorrectly and causing more confusion to this situation. Thank you very much in advance!!

Die Sets
Swage Die 1 ???
Swage Die 2 ???

I am willing to take even semi-educated guesses or gut feelings as well. If anyone has any of those. smile
Gut feeling - send a copy of your picture to RCBS and ask them.
The swaging dies look like some of the Herters stuff, but Herters mostly just bought others dies and sold them. I don't think Herters ever made any of their dies or presses.

Try googling swaging dies as well as an ebay search.
I suggest calling RCBS (if your think they made them) and asking if you send the dies to the company, can they ID them. The photos might help, but I think RCBS needs to see them.
Looks like the original Rock Chuck Bullet Swage (RCBS) kit that they started the company with.

I can't get the pictures to load, it's an old link, but I think this is what you have.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=42&t=315041
That sure looks like the RCBS tool. I will keep digging on the others thank you so much for your insights!
© 24hourcampfire