Home
It seems that getting 35 Remington brass and ammo is harder than 22 LR.
I've read where if I buy almost $1,000 worth of RCBS dies I can reform from 308. Is there a foreign caliber (perhaps military) that would be easier (cheaper) to reform?
A WTB in the Classifieds should produce some brass, I would think.
old article on cast bullits forum addressing your question. Look for post from bruce b:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/archive/index.php/t-23516.html
Thanks. I read about using the Lee collet sizer. I'll give that a try. I think an Arbor press should be on my bench at any rate. Mean while I've bought some brass at over a $1 each on Gunbroker. I also got some loaded for over $2 each. But mostly there's people that will pay much more than that and I have not had much luck finding brass or ammo. (I've arbitrarily limited the dollar amount I'd pay for such). I have a bucket full of 308 brass and no 308 -- been using some for 358 win. I like 35's.

The bottom line is I bought a Rem 141 in 35 Rem and it is needing ammo.
I know the feeling, as i have a couple, more than a couple of ol calibers, that i try to find brass for. I have the .358norma, the .350rem mag, am missing the 358.
Friend has the .35remington
I like .35's too
There's a few 35 Rem listed on GB right now.
It can be formed using 30-40 Krag or 303 British brass. Rims must be turned off, new extractor groove cut, and case trimmed to length.

The 303 makes very strong brass that lasts forever, and there is buckets of it up here, of course.
Ted
let me take a look i should have a box or 2 once fired you can have for shipping.
Check out this fellow's brass. I reviewed some of his 35 Rem. brass when he was developing the process. I think you'll be happy with it.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?238582-35-Remington-from-308-1x-fired-Mil-brass

Regards, Woody
SoDakota,

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you some brass. Maybe someday I can drive out and we can shoot a couple pheasants.
© 24hourcampfire