Home
With all this talk about the .270 WIN being a "Gay" round, I was wondering: Is there any well-accepted test to see if a particular chambering is gay?

I tried an experiment: I put two 30-06 rounds in a box and put on a shelf for a few weeks. When I opened up the box, there was nothing but the two rounds. I figured that was a control. Next, I had 25-06 rounds I had loaded from 270 WIN brass. Nothing. So I am left to conclude that the gayness is sized out in the conversion. I also tried 35 Whelen-- 2 rounds/3 weeks in the box produced nothing. Next, I'm thinking of taking a round of 50 BMG in a box with a couple 243 WIN rounds and see if I can make 22 LR.

So what happens when you put two rounds of 270 WIN together in a box and leave it for a while in the dark? Are there rainbows on the inside of the lid? Do you get strange stains on the inside of the box? Do you start hearing the strains of Oklahoma! being sung? Exactly what happens when you put gay rounds together?

My theory is that one of Ingwes friends who owned a 270 tried to hug him years ago right after shooting a trophy animal of some sort. Grin

That sort of stuff freiks the great Ingwe out.

Its just a theory!

Shod
Well, see I got a BFA from a Music School. You really had to watch yourself in the dormitory. Our floor had music majors and varsity football players and between the two groups there was lots of room for questioning.

I mean, some were easy. If you went past a guy's room on Saturday night and heard "Chorus Line." You knew that was a dead giveaway.

However, what if the neighbors stayed up all night throwing fastballs at each other with a catcher's mitt and mask and all that? That turned out to be a "couple" by winter quarter.

I found out some basic truths:
1) There are no straight organ majors.
2) There are no gay brass players-- if they are, they're killed.
3) Football players that never date can go either way.

. . . so I'm a little worried. I've got a big box of .270 WIN brass. Should I go down and size them all to 25-06 and get all the queerness out, or am I safe just keeping them in a sturdy box?

The 7.62X54R-- I've been keeping my eye on it, and it seems safe, but does anyone have any experience with it?

OK....its really simple.

Write this down:

If it says .270 anywhere on the box, its gay.

Not that theres anything wrong with that..... whistle
even in short mag?
I hate to repeat myself but:

" If it says .270 anywhere on the box, its gay."

Comprende?

Sheesh.......
Yes, but can't the gayness start to rub off?

I mean, if you have a friend that shoots 270 on a regular basis, should you be looking for signs? Do you start taking separate trucks to the range? Should you warn his wife?

What about handling 270 brass? I'm sizing the ones I've got into 25-06, but with repeated exposure could I find myself watching The View? Listening to Rufus Wainright ? or worse (Barry Manilow!) Is it permanent? Does it wear off with shooting 30-06? Does it wear off quicker shooting 35 Whelen?

Originally Posted by ingwe

Comprende?

Sheesh.......

I have on rainbow briefs....
Then you are GTG! laugh

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by shaman

I mean, if you have a friend that shoots 270 on a regular basis, should you be looking for signs? Do you start taking separate trucks to the range? Should you warn his wife?

What about handling 270 brass? I'm sizing the ones I've got into 25-06, but with repeated exposure could I find myself watching The View? Listening to Rufus Wainright ? or worse (Barry Manilow!) Is it permanent? Does it wear off with shooting 30-06? Does it wear off quicker shooting 35 Whelen?

Ordinarily speaking, just like the liberal media states, gay is born that way. Its not contagious.A guy can have a perfectly normal hetero life and still shoot a .270. He will of course be made fun of, but thats the price you pay.
Its just like some guys-myself included- like a really good quiche lorraine. Yeah, I catch hell for it, but I am who I am!
When you start driving a Prius or a Subaru, and start watching a lot of the View or the Oprah Winfrey Network, or Bravo! then you have problems wayyyyyyy out of the realm of my expertise.
AH! I'm starting to see things more clearly now.

So what you're saying is that if my hunting buddy were to suddenly grab me in the woods and kiss me on the lips, he can't turn around and blame it on his choice deer rifle! Cool.

[Linked Image]

That suit is BOSS!
It would help keep me warm when I get off the couch and walk all the way to the paper box.
[quote=shaman]Yes, but can't the gayness start to rub off?

I mean, if you have a friend that shoots 270 on a regular basis, should you be looking for signs?

Only if he tries to hug after shooting a trophy animal of some sort. smile

But that just a theory

Shod
I do know one thing, My FN mfg. Mauser 93 7x57 doesn't even twitch at the sight of a big "bear". I have however converted 270 brass into 7x57 hence saving a few from the dark side!-Muddy
Excessive throat wear might be an indicator....steady diet of hot loads....
Originally Posted by muddy22
I do know one thing, My FN mfg. Mauser 93 7x57 doesn't even twitch at the sight of a big "bear". I have however converted 270 brass into 7x57 hence saving a few from the dark side!-Muddy

Dood, you have unwittingly made you're 7X57 gay! frown

If Ingwe finds out about this he's going to go right through the roof.

MM, At least it doesn't live over by Canyon Fairy!-Muddy
DUDE!

That was low..... grin
MM, At least it doesn't live over by Canyon Fairy!-Muddy

That was mean.
Ing, Sorry, I didn't have much to work with! Muddy
If you fondle your rifles while wearing a leopard-print thong, your chambering may not be gay, but you might be.

Just sayin...
I tested some 270 brass that I put in a box. The primer pockets are backing out WAAAAAY to easy.

Yeeech!

I mean, some were easy. If you went past a guy's room on Saturday night and heard "Chorus Line." You knew that was a dead giveaway.

However, what if the neighbors stayed up all night throwing fastballs at each other with a catcher's mitt and mask and all that? That turned out to be a "couple" by winter quarter.

I found out some basic truths:
1) There are no straight organ majors.
2) There are no gay brass players-- if they are, they're killed.
3) Football players that never date can go either way.

. . . so I'm a little worried. I've got a big box of .270 WIN brass. Should I go down and size them all to 25-06 and get all the queerness out, or am I safe just keeping them in a sturdy box?

The 7.62X54R-- I've been keeping my eye on it, and it seems safe, but does anyone have any experience with it?

But they did like straight organs!
If you have to ask its gay.
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
If you fondle your rifles while wearing a leopard-print thong, your chambering may not be gay, but you might be.

You hit the head on the nail

or

You NAILED it, right there.
smile smile
I'd post on this thread, but I'm bidding on a G33/40

Comprende?

Sheesh.......

Not if it also says Weatherby - Comprende?
The .223 is as gay as a French horn.
Actually, I never met a gay french horn player. Granted, they were not considered brass, but woodwind. That made them a little weird but not queer. My best friend and roommate played horn, and he married my favorite female friend from high school. I was best man.

.223 is like trying to play a tuba concerto on the piccolo, but I'm not judgmental.
I used to believe there were no gay deer hunters. Then I came here, and learned they do exist... crazy
I don't and just kill [bleep] that I hunt.
Originally Posted by Siskiyous6

Comprende?

Sheesh.......

Not if it also says Weatherby - Comprende?

The Weatherby part takes it to the Uber-Gay level.
You need the latest in uber cool hunting duds too! Why not show off what God gave you and dress up in a hot 'seduction red' camo shirt with venturied Weatherbee shoulders! Paired with Brawning's latest fab metero creation - stunningly pink and orange camo patterned leather hunting boots - you're sure to be the talk of the lodge!

Brawning's 2014 line features form fitting, faux feather and fur outfits for today's real man. Keep the fur friendly folks at bay with this new synthetic line of "natural outdoor materials" from Brawnings.

Match the boots with Gai-Fleece gaters and Softeee(TM) Glovesby European fashion giant Oscar de la Rental and you've got fab functional, gorgeous gear for your deep camp!

Say 'no' to old school droopy shoulders on both your cartridges and your hunting clothes. Don't be your grandad with his dowdy looking farmer's clash! Be your own man with the 2014 Brawning Outdoor Collection.*

[Linked Image]

*available in the finest metero hunting boutiques
Steve, your post reminds me of the gay turkey hunter I ran into years ago. We were eating dinner at the local dive on the Spring Gobbler Opener and this fellow that vaguely resembled Kenny Price only taller showed up and started yucking it up with a table of locals that were there with their wives-- must have been 400 lbs. They all seemed to know him and really didn't want him around.

We were all dressed in street clothes with maybe a camo hat or something like that. He was dressed in matching shirt, pants, hat, and lace-up knee boots in the latest Mossy Oak pattern. He spent his at the table time dry humping the guys and camping for the ladies. The boots were particularly out-there.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Excessive throat wear might be an indicator....steady diet of hot loads....

Ewww!

Shane, I don't think anyone caught this one. There would have been responses.
Steve, your post reminds me of the gay turkey hunter I ran into years ago. We were eating dinner at the local dive on the Spring Gobbler Opener and this fellow that vaguely resembled Kenny Price only taller showed up and started yucking it up with a table of locals that were there with their wives-- must have been 400 lbs. They all seemed to know him and really didn't want him around.

We were all dressed in street clothes with maybe a camo hat or something like that. He was dressed in matching shirt, pants, hat, and lace-up knee boots in the latest Mossy Oak pattern. He spent his at the table time dry humping the guys and camping for the ladies. The boots were particularly out-there.

[Linked Image]

Here's Kenny Price, for those of you that don't know who he is.

I expect your gay turkey hunter figured he wouldn't be seen dry humping the guys if he was wearing a camo outfit. Hopefully, that's not what they do in a duck blind. They must call it a 'blind' for a reason.

[Linked Image]

How do you know if your cartridge is gay?

Just write about it here on the "Fire" and you'll find out pretty quickly grin
Yep! That's Kenny, the Round Mound of Sound. Dad had him and a bunch other folks from The Midwestern Hayride as tenants in his apartments. I still remember Kenny out on the front stoop of the the complex on Belmont Avenue; I was about 3.

I'm working now in Boone County. I've always had the urge to ask the sheriff's deputies: "What did y'all do to Kenny to get him irked enough to write that song about ya?"

Originally Posted by Shodd

Dood, you have unwittingly made you're 7X57 gay! frown

If Ingwe finds out about this he's going to go right through the roof.

I bet his 7x57 comes with it's own "leather sling" too
Big, 7x57's don't get throat wear and really much prefer the softest of loads that do the job, no South Beach ammunition for mine!-Muddy

Comprende?

Oh no! On the back of a box of 308 it says the velocity is 2700 fps. You can't write 2700 without writing 270 does this make the 308 gay? Just this box or every rifle?
Hunting season is almost here, should I leave the 308 in the closet?

Sheesh.......
You said it. This is confusing.
Well, I have to admit that it is not crystal clear to me either. I think the central problem is the circular logic of
It's 270 therefore it's queer.
If it's queer, it is a 270.

There should be an objective framework for this. I mean what is the ostensible qualities of 270 WIN that makes it a pole-smoker?
Velocity?
Bullet dia.?
BC?
Case Length? Capacity?

At music school, it was fairly easy to tell. It revolved around a few basic things:
1) Hanging with known homos
2) An appreciation for music theater that was far beyond that of ordinary mortals
3) Ownership of any albums of select female artists (Liza Minelli, Judy Garland, etc.)
4) Dance classes in the schedule
5) Regular wearing of certain accessories in inappropriate situations: i.e. scarves, shoulder bags, etc.

But each case had to be judged as a total package. For instance, I carried a shoulder bag everywhere I went, but it contained recording equipment, a 110 camera, headphones, and a tape splicer. I was in audio production and broadcast journalism classes. I even owned a seersucker suit like Kolchak.

I was also dating a significant portion of the Psych/Soc major at a local women's college-- one of the lucky few that figured out there was magic awaiting those bold enough to take a crosstown bus-- ran right past the dorm!

What combination of characteristics make 270 WIN gay?

Yes. We need some hard rules here. Growing up in Boston we could rely on the "hockey skates/figure skates" rule but this 270 issue is not at all clear cut. Even in art school, you were either part of the hetero, heavy drinking painting group or the other 99%. Rules, rules we need rules.
What combination of characteristics make 270 WIN gay?

1. The double entendres used when describing it.

2. The femme animals taken by it. Antelope, deer, go-ats. Real men use a 30-06 for mooses, grizz, bahrs and tougher African game.

3. The fact that is named after a Winchester.

4. Chuck Norris will not speak of it.

5. This picture: a man (with moobs) allegedly carrying a 270 wrapped with newspaper into a gay bar.

[Linked Image]

6. Australia.

7. And this disturbing photo. I'm not quite sure what it has to do with 270s, but it came up when googling.

[Linked Image]
Okay. I get it.

I Googled the 6.5X55 and came up with something VERY disturbing

Is the 6.5X55 Swede Gay?

Here's a sample:
[Linked Image]
On the other hand, I googled "is the 30-06 gay?" and came up with:

[Linked Image]

I take that as a distinct "No."
"Is the 35 Whelen Gay?"

produced:
[Linked Image]
No.
It's the Indian, not the arrow. If your Indian name is "Dances With Men" your .270 might be gay too.
"Is the 257 Roberts Gay?"

produced:

[Linked Image]
And if you shoot BP and buy a .69 caliber . . .
"Is the 25-06 Gay"

Produced this (from the 24hourcampfire)

[Linked Image]
The .270 hunt....

[Linked Image]
Dat's just wrong...
The .270 hunt....

[Linked Image]

You had me at "Howdy."

P
The .270 hunt....

[Linked Image]

Me thinks Ingwe doth protest too much !!

I Y K W I M
All the Ackley Improved cartridges are gay.

The 257 AI was initially called the "257 Versace"; however Ackley backed out of the deal.

I know it's true, I read it on the Internet.

Comprende?

Sheesh.......

How about 6.8????
That's Metric Gay.
I've heard that merely flashing the end flap from a box of .270 ammo will get you a VIP invite to any bath-house in San Francisco.
Sorry, but I got held up late at work yesterday.

"Is the 243 WIN gay?"

Produced:

[Linked Image]

and

[Linked Image]

"Is the 257 Roberts Gay?"

produced:

[Linked Image]

You ever wonder what you might smoke in the afterlife, and where?

I think this whole idea is getting very self-referential. I just tried "Is the 7X57 gay?" I found shots of Ingwe, the guy in the rainbow zentai suit, the Swedish drag queens, Steve Redgwell, and a bunch of other pics from this thread and others here on the 'Campfire. However, as I started paging down the list of pics, I also found this:
[Linked Image]

I think the caption reads "I need another gay metric caliber like I need a hole in my head!"

and this:

[Linked Image]

and this:

[Linked Image]

Coming from Cincinnati, I have to say it's good to see Carson Palmer has found himself in with a nice crowd.

Ordinarily speaking, just like the liberal media states, gay is born that way. Its not contagious.A guy can have a perfectly normal hetero life and still shoot a .270. He will of course be made fun of, but thats the price you pay.
Its just like some guys-myself included- like a really good quiche lorraine. Yeah, I catch hell for it, but I am who I am!
When you start driving a Prius or a Subaru, and start watching a lot of the View or the Oprah Winfrey Network, or Bravo! then you have problems wayyyyyyy out of the realm of my expertise.
For some reason this comment just does not ring true with you. You sure know alot about gay chambering's and what it takes to be gay. whistle
I googled is the 7x57 gay.

Here is a screenshot of what I found

[Linked Image]
6.5 -06
Is it or isn't it?
Originally Posted by Hogeye
It's the Indian, not the arrow. If your Indian name is "Dances With Men" your .270 might be gay too.

You owe me a keyboard!!!!
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

......For some reason this comment just does not ring true with you. You sure know alot about gay chambering's and what it takes to be gay. whistle

He does seem to be 'up' on the subject, doesn't he ?
See what happens?

http://www.cosmicelk.net/shaman.htm
. . . yeah, and the shaman always stayed behind when the warriors and hunters went off to do their thing. Funny thing was the next Spring there were lots of babies and they all ended up looking like the shaman, and all the while the shaman is telling folks that it is because of the animal spirits and ancestors were good to the tribe. Nobody could figure out the truth, because we were also the keepers of the calendar.

Finally somebody figgered out the whole 9-month gestation thing and started counting back. Is it any wonder nobody trusts the shaman anymore? Dang! That was hell of a good con. I'm sorry it had to end.

Excuse me. I've got to wake the geese and show them which way South is, and then spend the rest of the day getting the frogs put to bed for the winter.

YOU PEOPLE NEED SOMETHING TO DO.

Jack
I always thought of the 243 Winchester as being gay; rather weak in energy and recoil. My idea of a masculine cartridge starts with 6.5mm cartridges. smile
I've actually owned one .270 Winchester that I suspect was gay, because it refused to shoot very accurately with handloads using H4831. All the rest of my .270's have manned right up with the O'Connor loads.
Hmmm. Such homophobia. grin

I personally wouldn't want to stand still at 200 yards and let a gay marksman armed with a .270 (or any of the other cartridges that are light in their Nikes) plaster me in the bread basket with it. Have y'all ever actually seen what a .270 does to flesh and blood? smile
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Hmmm. Such homophobia. grin
Have y'all ever actually seen what a .270 does to flesh and blood? smile

Very Good Question.

Apparently not, at least for some.
gnoahhh and jwall,

Please tell me that the two of you aren't taking any of this seriously?

This is all in foolish fun, in case any one is in doubt. Just part of the fun of the Campfire.
It's not serious?

I tell ya' 257 AI stands for 257 Arzze Injected...
Awesome Ingwe will be along shortly to tell you what you will smoke in Hell.
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
gnoahhh and jwall,

Please tell me that the two of you aren't taking any of this seriously?

This is all in foolish fun, in case any one is in doubt. Just part of the fun of the Campfire.

Of course!!
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've actually owned one .270 Winchester that I suspect was gay, because it refused to shoot very accurately with handloads using H4831. All the rest of my .270's have manned right up with the O'Connor loads.

You know......I've always said if a 270 wouldn't shoot H4831, there just had to be something wrong with it........

Casey
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
gnoahhh and jwall,

Yeah, I'm in too. smile smile

If any 'chambering' is gay, it's CHAMBERING ! grin
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

You know......I've always said if a 270 wouldn't shoot H4831, there just had to be something wrong with it........

Casey

Yep. I've had a bunch of em, and I haven't seen one that wouldn't shoot JOC's load.
Casey,

That particular .270 turned out to shoot extremely well with Reloder 19. Does that say something about the rifle--or the powder?
Technical question, 20 yard penalty!
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

John, if that's the criteria, my pre 64 is rainbow hued and flaming. But it shoots fabulously with h4831's slightly faster brother from IMR.
I don't know about gay chambering's in rifles but I now realize I once had a flaming queer shotgun. Blame thing always wanted to put its "load" in "behind" everything I shot at smile.
So here's my quandry:

I bought all this 270 brass. It was cheaper than using 25-06 brass, and I figured I'd never buy a 270 WIN rifle anyway so it was not going to be confusing.

Are there any implications now with my 25-06? Have I really knocked all the gay-ness out of those cases with the first sizing? Is there something else I need to do? The trimmings look like glitter; is that the gay part? Are there signs I should be looking for?

No. The oroblem has worsened ad the 25-06 is a bisexual hipster
Well, that doubles your chance of scoring.
I had a 270 in the safe!!!!!!!! had to get rid of the thing everytime I opened the safe. it was rubbing the finish off my new 7mm08 Feather weight..... frown
So here's my quandry:

I bought all this 270 brass. It was cheaper than using 25-06 brass, and I figured I'd never buy a 270 WIN rifle anyway so it was not going to be confusing.

Are there any implications now with my 25-06? Have I really knocked all the gay-ness out of those cases with the first sizing? Is there something else I need to do? The trimmings look like glitter; is that the gay part? Are there signs I should be looking for?

Yes there will be implications for your 25-06.

If you resized all those 270 cases and used them in your rifle, your rifle will now eat out of both sides of the salad bar...sorry.

Dan
So, does that make the .25-06 an "all around" kinda gun?
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
So, does that make the .25-06 an "all around" kinda gun?

If it will handle varmints and medium game both....yes, then the 25-06 swings both ways.

Dan
grin

Plays on both teams, ehh?
Hmmmm. A switch-hitter for coyotes and ground hogs etc.
A manly 30-06 for real hunting
And a 35 Whelen for all those other things on my NA bucket list.

I think I've found the perfect 3-gun combination.

All I have to do is make sure the 25-06 never gets queer with the other rifles. I'll put it in with the 22 LR. That should work. Dad used to talk about his Shepherd getting a go at his Dachshund. The puppies were outrageous, but they made good hunters.

Well, how you can tell your '06 is catching the gay after exposure is if it only fires a good group when you limp-wrist it.

The cure there is to run those cases through a Garand. Avoid a stiff load....
With all this talk about the .270 WIN being a "Gay" round, I was wondering: Is there any well-accepted test to see if a particular chambering is gay?

I tried an experiment: I put two 30-06 rounds in a box and put on a shelf for a few weeks. When I opened up the box, there was nothing but the two rounds. I figured that was a control. Next, I had 25-06 rounds I had loaded from 270 WIN brass. Nothing. So I am left to conclude that the gayness is sized out in the conversion. I also tried 35 Whelen-- 2 rounds/3 weeks in the box produced nothing. Next, I'm thinking of taking a round of 50 BMG in a box with a couple 243 WIN rounds and see if I can make 22 LR.

So what happens when you put two rounds of 270 WIN together in a box and leave it for a while in the dark? Are there rainbows on the inside of the lid? Do you get strange stains on the inside of the box? Do you start hearing the strains of Oklahoma! being sung? Exactly what happens when you put gay rounds together?

I figure one way to tell would be to insert a most phallic of rounds- the old 45-70 - to see if it chambers (in any chamber but one so designated). If it fits, that chambering might be gay. If it fires, then you know its gay�really gay.
Ouch hope using RL19 is not gay... If so then everything I have in 6.5 is gay......... They will however still put meat in the freezer... LOL
You bring up an interesting point: what do you do if you find your rifle is gay? Sell it? Give it away to an in-law? use it for a tomato stake? Beat it straight? Take a steel brush to it? Shellac its trigger guard and hang its sling from the flag pole?

The latter suggestions I got from my Dad. He attended Miami Beach High. Think Porky's.

You bring up an interesting point: what do you do if you find your rifle is gay? Sell it? Give it away to an in-law? use it for a tomato stake? Beat it straight? Take a steel brush to it?

Accept it for what it is, love it as you would any other rifle, celebrate its diversity,understand its sensitive side ( which is why .270 bullets bounce off...they really don't want to kill anything...)
Selling it or giving it away seems cruel, heartless and non-pc. Beat it or taking a steel brush to it might only excite it....
over 5000 reads and 100 replies in a week.

Hmmm. I'd suggest that this become a sticky, but I find the thought to be wholly unsavory considering the topic.

You bring up an interesting point: what do you do if you find your rifle is gay? Sell it? Give it away to an in-law? use it for a tomato stake? Beat it straight? Take a steel brush to it?

Accept it for what it is, love it as you would any other rifle, celebrate its diversity,understand its sensitive side ( which is why .270 bullets bounce off...they really don't want to kill anything...)
Selling it or giving it away seems cruel, heartless and non-pc. Beat it or taking a steel brush to it might only excite it....

If I had a gay rifle, I'd put it in the closet, lock it up there and, never admit to it. But then, I don't have any gay rifles, just some that are inaccurate.
Well, I'm back from 9 days at deer camp. I shot a monster dink with my 30-06 and a nice doe with my 25-06. It got me to thinking about this thread.

So here you have 2 reasonably manly cartridges. Right between them you have the 270 WIN. Both '06 cartridges seemed to put the deer down smartly, but from what I hear, the 270 bullets bounce off. How can it be? What am I missing?
Dumbazz, Go out 2-300 yds with your gay baseball mitt and catch it. then talk about gay. sheesh
Lighten up, Tommy. I think you are taking this way too seriously.

I'm starting to find the idea of discussing load shooting with a bunch of other guys a bit unsettling. I left 270s behind long ago. It was really just a teenage phase. Given the long debate between Jack and Elmer, I think many outdoorsmen are confusing refinement with gay. A hetero cartridge doesn't have to be all burly and gruff, with a poor grasp of the simple refinements of modern life.
What would the biker from the Village People use?
I almost forgot: Mannlicher. That is all.
Its gay if it won't propel a 175 gr partition at 2500 fps.
Shaman,

Now I'm starting to worry. I have a custom rifle that was endowed to me that is chambered in .375-06 RCBS Improved. It uses .270 length brass, so I bought some .270 Win brass to fireform.

I haven't put any of this in the rifle yet, but I have opened the package of brass and examined them, checking them for overall length and any flaws.

My worry is, did I risk my masculinity by buying and handling the brass? Will I make this rifle gay by using the .270 Win brass?
Will the rifle be capable of taking dangerous game if I use the .270 brass?

"Sleepless in East Texas" aka Ed

Ed,

Well, see that's kind of what started this whole thing with me; I bought cheap 270 brass for my 25-06. I figured the sizing process would knock all the gay out of the brass, but then I began to worry and started this thread.

I have to say that doe I shot on Saturday did not have the bullet bounce off. 25-06, 117 grain Hornady SPBT, on a high shoulder shot at 150 yards. .25 going in, about .5 on the way out. Lungs were jelly, and the heart was intact, but detached.
The only downside was that the blast wave blew out the diaphragm and opened up the stomach. That is far from gay in my view.

My advice is to use the 270 brass and just read to it frequently from the Old Testament. That should keep it on the straight and narrow.

To anyone: Does anyone know where one finds a gay baseball mitt? I'd like to know so I can steer clear. The first place that comes to mind is Dicks. I'm already staying away from there.
Gaylord Perry used one I'd say.
© 24hourcampfire