Home
I've noticed the BC is a lot higher for the accubond. Is this the case, or is Nosler being a little optimistic?
I had much rather have the Berger than the for accuracy and the Accubond for hunting. I doubt the Accubond really has a higher BC.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15
Bryan Litz's tests showed the .270 150 ABLR's BC is just about the same as the Berger 150 VLD's.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15
The ABLR was designed like a VLD, profile wise...was it not?
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Yes, and your point is?
Posted By: fredIII Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15
+ a bonded core and a Polly tip that equals better on game to me at least the bonded core part.
I'm with you on that, but the bergers seem to be all the rage for the long range stuff.
Originally Posted by montanabadger
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Yes, and your point is?

My point was a question...what's your problem?
Posted By: Higginez Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bryan Litz's tests showed the .270 150 ABLR's BC is just about the same as the Berger 150 VLD's.

So how does a bullet manufacturer come up with a number so far off? .531 vs .625 is pretty huge. Doesn't inspire confidence in Nosler data that's for sure.
Posted By: GuyM Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I'm with you on that, but the bergers seem to be all the rage for the long range stuff.

They've proven themselves well now, for several years. I've used them at modest ranges, only out to about 400 on game. The Berger VLD's work as advertised.

The newer long range Accubonds from Nosler look good to me. Real good. Haven't tried them yet though. Heck, I was impressed with the BC's of the standard Accubonds!

Regards, Guy
In limited test with the regular AB, I am happy they perform well on game and don't blow up, IME.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/04/15

7-MM/.284 160 grain Nosler AB is a nice bullet.

Posted By: Dayton Re: accubond vs berger VLD - 02/05/15
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

7-MM/.284 160 grain Nosler AB is a nice bullet.

Agreed.
© 24hourcampfire