Home
Posted By: tomk Shooting stix - 07/12/15
John, believe you mentioned you use shooting sticks w/yer Duovid. What sticks are you using to steady the bino?

Appreciate it,
tom
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Shooting stix - 07/12/15
any sticks work.
Posted By: tomk Re: Shooting stix - 07/25/15
ttt
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Shooting stix - 07/25/15
Not John but BogPod makes many different attachments for their stix. One is a flat attachment for binos etc. But as huntsman22 said any stix will steady your hold.
Posted By: tomk Re: Shooting stix - 07/26/15
did look at those flat-tops as an alternative.

in my pack been using a 1# compact tripod, which is a short (sometime too short) sit-down deal and too light to be flat steady--but good for me as it is light to carry hunting. have/do carry a rifle monopod, which is better than nothing for impromptu glassing and also a lightweight tentpole type of crossstix that are kinda of clumsy with a bino but ok w/rifle

was interested to compare weight of MD's stix to said tripod as an alternative, and IIRC, they also were a sit-down type, compact
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Shooting stix - 07/26/15
Whatever i have along.

Have also held my rifle with its butt on the ground, while I'm sitting down, and placed the Duovid so its "barrels" are on either side of the rifle barrel. Steadies it right down, but isn't quite as handy as sticks.
Posted By: tomk Re: Shooting stix - 07/27/15
Carol just brought down the mail...saw the Rifle, had to grin
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Shooting stix - 07/27/15
I haven't seen it yet. What's to grin about? smile
Posted By: tomk Re: Shooting stix - 07/27/15
There's a good article in it about rests--in case you aren't a subscriber I'll photocopy and send it to ya
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Shooting stix - 07/27/15
AHA!
© 24hourcampfire