Home
Posted By: bowmanh Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
I just heard John interviewed about the Big Book of Gun Gack on Gun Talk with Tom Gresham. It's a great book and I was pleased to hear it get some extra publicity which it certainly deserves. It was interesting to hear John do an interview after reading so much of his writing.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
Is this something one can find streaming on the internet? I don't have TV.

Geno

PS, it doesn't work on search engines very well when one types "Gnu Talk" blush
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Gun Talk is a syndicated radio program. You can stream the show or download it to listen to it on a computer if you go to the web site.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
bowmanh,

Glad to hear you like the book!

I've been on Gun Talk a few times before over the past 2-3 years. Have known Tom Gresham for maybe 30 years now, and knew his dad Grits pretty well too. Tom's a great guy, and I knew long before he started the radio show that he was one of the finest off-the-cuff speakers I'd ever met. Add that talent to being a real gun guy and his radio show was a natural.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
John,

One of the things I like about Tom Gresham is that in addition to being very articulate he comes off as a really nice guy. I imagine this is just the way he is and for those of us in the gun culture it's no surprise. But for the general public, it's great to have someone on the radio talking about guns in a no nonsense manner who is also welcoming and friendly. He's definitely a good ambassador to the public for shooters.

As to the book, I'm reading it in pieces and enjoying that approach to it. The way it's organized, it's easy to go back and forth to reference and compare things. Even though I've read plenty of your other writing there's lots of new information for me to assimilate. I'll definitely be using it as a reference as I have done with Obsessions of a Rifle Loony and Rifle Trouble-Shooting and Handloading.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Geno

Gun Talk is a syndicated radio program. You can stream the show or download it to listen to it on a computer if you go to the web site.

When I checked I didn't see the episode with MD. was it today? perhaps it hadn't been uploaded to the site.

Or more likely, I couldn't navigate the dang thing! blush

Geno
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/08/15
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Geno

I found it on line. It's a good plug for a great book! cool
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Just listened to it online.

JB sounds as good a bloke on radio as he comes across in print and the 'Fire!

Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
bobnob,

Thanks!

My wife and I usually do a few radio interviews whenever one of our new books comes out, but Gun Talk is by far the largest. The others are more regional. Later today I'm going to be interviewed for a radio show in Oklahoma. Don't know the station, but the show's co-hosted by my friend Jeff Puckett.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15

As usual, if you need any Shrapnel endorsements, let me know, I am always available...
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Originally Posted by shrapnel

As usual, if you need any Shrapnel endorsements, let me know, I am always available...

Not sure that would help sales... blush

DF
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
bobnob,

Thanks!

My wife and I usually do a few radio interviews whenever one of our new books comes out, but Gun Talk is by far the largest. The others are more regional. Later today I'm going to be interviewed for a radio show in Oklahoma. Don't know the station, but the show's co-hosted by my friend Jeff Puckett.

John, some of us might be interested in knowing that station.
I just e-mailed Jeff to find out. Will post it here.
Here's the station info. I'm scheduled for 5:00 Mountain Time today:

"It will be live on the interweb at www.1400sportstalk.com, as well as 98.5 FM and 1400 AM."

Posted By: deflave Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Mr. Barsness,

If that guy wants to have me on as a special guest, please let him know my calendar is clear.

As in, wide open.

All the way into 2017.

Thanks,
Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Mr. Barsness,

If that guy wants to have me on as a special guest, please let him know my calendar is clear.

As in, wide open.

All the way into 2017.

Thanks,
Travis

I think John doesn't pay any attention to us unless he needs to donate copious amounts reloading supplies and books to our meaningless lives...
Posted By: deflave Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Sometimes he sends me PM's that read "STFU" or "Stop telling people we know each other."

I print them off and frame them.

Travis
I stopped at their house to get your book. If it looks a little grass stained, it is because John threw the book out the door into the yard and said I could have it if I promised to stay away...
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
I'm sure John and Eileen feel especially blessed to have such fine, upstanding neighbors... cry

DF
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Typical bad behavior by the usual suspects.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Here's the station info. I'm scheduled for 5:00 Mountain Time today:

"It will be live on the interweb at www.1400sportstalk.com, as well as 98.5 FM and 1400 AM."

Thanks
Posted By: EdM Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/09/15
Originally Posted by deflave
Mr. Barsness,

As in, wide open.

All the way into 2037.

Thanks,
Travis

Huh?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/10/15
Just listened to it yesterday on the archived podcast. I really enjoyed it.

JB's interview.

GunTalk "C"

Podcast archive.

Gun Talk Archive.
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/11/15
listened to this before work yesterday. Did not realize I must have moved an icon to 1.5x
Man you two can talk fast about Gun Gack.
257's all around.
Posted By: sigguy Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/11/15
I stopped at their house to get your book. If it looks a little grass stained, it is because John threw the book out the door into the yard and said I could have it if I promised to stay away...

I spit up my coffee all over the keyboard on this one. You and Deflave are some of the best entertainment on the 'fire!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Mule Deer on Gun Talk - 11/13/15
Originally Posted by sigguy

I spit up my coffee all over the keyboard on this one. You and Deflave are some of the best entertainment on the 'fire!

true but the jury is still out on whether they are worth the price...
© 24hourcampfire