Home
Posted By: savage62 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
WHAT THE BIG DEAL ON THIS ? WHO IS GOING TO USE IT ON THE WOODS WHERE MOST HUNT CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS. THE 30-06 OR 300 MAG OR 270 30-30 CANT DO ALONG WITH OTHER CALIBRE
Posted By: Gibby Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I think the 26 Nosler is for people who like buying replacement barrels.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
There is a good portion of this country that is not the "woods".
Posted By: savage62 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
COULD BE BUT WHAT THE BIG FUSS
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
Freedom of Choice?

If ya don't like it, don't buy it. (I didn't)
Posted By: szihn Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I remember hearing a joke that sums this up well.

If you were a deck hand on the Titanic and the ice berg was hit on your watch. You are charged with getting the maximum number of people into the life boats in the shortest time period.

How do you do it best?

You announce that getting in the life boats is a mark of Cultural superiority to the French passengers.

To the English you let them know is shows how disciplined and cool headed they are as an example to the world.

To the Germans you say it is required by Law.

To the Americans you announce it's "new and improved".
Posted By: bluegillman Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
here is what it will do for you. it will give you 400 yard laser trajectory. no need for turret bs. and has plenty of punch to whack a muley buck at that range. what the wussy 6.5 wimpmoore cannot. at 400 yards the 140 is going very slightly slower than the 6.5 wimpmoore at the muzzle. 6.5 wimpmoore is for target enthusiasts, and wimps who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast, and efficiency nerds. 26 is for hunters and guys that prefer fast cars ect. and other performance items. so if I only get 700 rounds out of my 26, my grandson may have to rebarrel 50 years from now
Posted By: 30338 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
So based on that example, you shoot about 14 rounds a year. Does that sound about right?
Posted By: bluegillman Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
yep!
Posted By: 30338 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
Thank you, I have no further questions.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
Just green lighted the smith for a M700 based 26 Nosler on a M700.My typical HTG set up with the S&B.
Im thinking a 120 TTSX and a pant load of ramshot magnum.
Should be fun..

dave
Posted By: talentrec Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
Originally Posted by bluegillman
here is what it will do for you. it will give you 400 yard laser trajectory. no need for turret bs. and has plenty of punch to whack a muley buck at that range. what the wussy 6.5 wimpmoore cannot. at 400 yards the 140 is going very slightly slower than the 6.5 wimpmoore at the muzzle. 6.5 wimpmoore is for target enthusiasts, and wimps who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast, and efficiency nerds. 26 is for hunters and guys that prefer fast cars ect. and other performance items. so if I only get 700 rounds out of my 26, my grandson may have to rebarrel 50 years from now
..............My sentiments too....Every time a new and more improved (in terms of velocity) cartridge is unveiled, there are always going to be those who say what the OP stated plus alot more.

Example.... Same things were said after the 375 Ruger came onto the seen. "Why the hell do we need the 375 Ruger when we have the H&H?" plus more. The usual closed minded thinking. Never mind that MVs from a 375 Ruger from a 20" barrel can and does equal the MVs from a 375 H&H with 24 and 25" barrels. Same performance but from a shorter handier rifle. In this case, gotta look at the rifle platform and not just at the cartridge itself.

For those including me who fire on average 100 rounds per year from each of their rifles, then owning cartridges which shorten barrel life is really a very moot point.

I'm still debating between the 26 and 28 Nosler. I will get one or the other. Both are outstanding long range open country rounds, which of course, didn't fit into the OPs hunting style. Then for you, don't buy a 26 Nosler.

Choices, choices, choices.
Posted By: Bugger Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I don't have one. Yet.
Glad it's there. LIke to have one to replace my coyote rifles (270's). But the 270's do ok.
Posted By: Dogger Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
interesting that Nosler ammo (26, 28, 30 Nosler) is loaded with custom competitions, accubonds, Accubond LR, and e-tips... no partitions... they really want the high BCs in their factory loads for these behemoths... the 26 Nosler loads are only about 14" down at 400 with a 200 yard zero... that is pretty dang flat.... I'd be real curious to know what kind of accuracy folks are getting with the factory ammo
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I have both a Nosler 26 in a Nosler model 48 and a Fierce Edge in a Nosler 28. With the Nosler 26, you have a 400 yard rifle that has a ton of energy without losing the sight picture due to recoil or requiring a muzzle break. Only thing that is negative about the 26 Nosler is that it can really destroy meat if you don't use it carefully.

The good guys to know their stuff are making their way to it. It has some level of forgiveness.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I like the 26 Nosler a lot, and for several reasons:

1) It's accurate.
2) Unlike the .264 Winchester, you don't have to lean on it to get high velocities.
3) Recoil isn't nearly as much as with larger-caliber magnums.
4) With today's 6.5 bullets it not only shoots flat and drifts minimally in the wind, but is plenty for any kind of big game here in Montana.

I've also found the barrel burn-out rumors are highly exaggerated, which is easy to understand since they're mostly heard from people who've never even fired one. Anybody who doesn't use a 26 for prairie dog shooting should get 1000-1200 rounds of accuracy, and perhaps more.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
OH, AND I FORGOT: WHY SHOULD YOU CARE SO MUCH? NOBODY'S GOING TO MAKE YOU BUY ONE.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17

It's just a small room guys. 😉
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
I have a 26 Nosler in a Browning XBolt Western Hunter. Where I Hunt in Alabama a short shot across a hayfield or down a greenfield cut can be 400yds or more. I also hunt Wyoming and Montana where shots can be 200 yds or more. I'm 72 yo so mild recoil and great accuracy agree with me. 40 rounds per year will certainly last my lifetime.
Posted By: hotweatherhunter Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
So...26 Nosler or 6.5-300 Weatherby? I'm trying to decide, any opinions on one over the other?
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/08/17
Originally Posted by savage62
WHAT THE BIG DEAL ON THIS ? WHO IS GOING TO USE IT ON THE WOODS WHERE MOST HUNT CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS. THE 30-06 OR 300 MAG OR 270 30-30 CANT DO ALONG WITH OTHER CALIBRE

I guess being late to the party is better than never going at all.
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/10/17
I had a 7 Rem Sendero rebarreled to 26 Nosler. It has a Rock Creek barrel. It shoots better than I can. I like it a lot. It took 6 shots to sight it in. I've killed 2 deer and 8 pigs the first year. I fired 3 shots last year to check zero. I killed a deer plus 12 pigs and a bobcat.

I'm averaging 15 shots a year. If all you can get is 500 rounds, it will make 31 more years before the barrel is worn out.

I load 140 Ballistic tips and 869 powder. I would use an accubond if I hunted heavier game. I say if you want one, get one!!
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/10/17
Originally Posted by hotweatherhunter
So...26 Nosler or 6.5-300 Weatherby? I'm trying to decide, any opinions on one over the other?
........Here is my take between the two,

To get a 6.5/300 Wby, you must buy an Accumark rifle (for now). On the other hand the 26 Nosler is offered by Browning, MRC, Nosler, Cooper, Christensen Arms and maybe another rifle manufacturer I cannot think of now.

The 6.5/300 Bee runs around 150 fps faster. But imo, there wont be any differences in the field concerning the final outcome as to whether or not tags are filled.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/10/17
On the other hand, based on considerable experience with Weatherby rifles and ammunition over the past decade, I can't imagine a 6.5 Accumark not shooting very well. But my experience with Nosler rifles is similar.
Posted By: StrayDog Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
This thread has got me thinking I may "need" another rifle.

If the short life of extreme overbores is caused mostly from throat erosion? Would the freebore of the Weatherby chambering give longer barrel life?

I'm also curious if gain twist rifling would help with the barrel lifespan?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
I suspect freebore MIGHT help a little, but accuracy in freebore barrels also depends on the diameter of the freebore being very close to bullet diameter.

Gain twist wouldn't have any effect.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17

I'll stick to my 264 Win Mag thank you very much . . .

Posted By: 340boy Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
OH, AND I FORGOT: WHY SHOULD YOU CARE SO MUCH? NOBODY'S GOING TO MAKE YOU BUY ONE.

laugh
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Just green lighted the smith for a M700 based 26 Nosler on a M700.My typical HTG set up with the S&B.
Im thinking a 120 TTSX and a pant load of ramshot magnum.
Should be fun..

dave

Try that bullet with US869.

Best load in mine, 24" Shilen, 3,450 and near half MOA at 400 yds.

DF
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
Does this mean the 6.5-300 Wby is more of a bad thing? That is if I follow you sentence correctly.
It's a tad badder.

DF
Posted By: bea175 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
I have no intentions of trading my 25 STW for the Nosler Wonder
I didn't trade anything for my 26 Nosler, instead just buying it, so my .257 Weatherby, .270 Winchester and 7mm Remington Magnum would feel safe and secure. It's sometimes difficult to put up with pouting rifles, so I try to make them all feel equally loved.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
I have to say, it is a bit tempting.

I was going to have a 6mm AI built, maybe a 26 Nosler would be okay too.

Probably could extend my varmint shooting to nearly 350 yards with a 26 Nosler.
I didn't trade anything for my 26 Nosler, instead just buying it, so my .257 Weatherby, .270 Winchester and 7mm Remington Magnum would feel safe and secure. It's sometimes difficult to put up with pouting rifles, so I try to make them all feel equally loved.

And, IIRC, you then subsequently sold your .264 WM.

Just saying

DF

Yep, but it WAS pouting!
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

And, IIRC, you then subsequently sold your .264 WM.

Just saying

DF

And if IIRC he sold a .270 Ruger #1 that he intended for open country hunting.......... laugh
But that was before Reloder 26 hit the scene
Yeah, and now I'm wondering what that 26" barrel would do with 26....
You must know where the gun went....... A True loonie would lose sleep not knowing

Berger lists data with 26 and 140s at almost 3200 from a 26" barrel.....
JB is about the least guy here on the Fire, able to "fly under the radar".

Gets called out on the most minute detail... cry

DF

Gets called out on the most minute detail... cry

DF

I would not say called out, just reminded of details he puts in print!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
Funny part is,most of those on here are up there in years.....
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Gets called out on the most minute detail... laugh

DF

I would not say called out, just reminded of details he puts in print!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that sounds mo better... laugh

At least we paying attention... cool

DF
I can recall WAY more things JB has put in print then anything I ever heard in school.... He should be honored!!!!!!

And I am only 46 years old Elkhunterm
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/11/17
I have not read up on the 26, but if folks like it and shoot it great.. If I had only and 06 to hunt with, I would quit..
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/12/17
You can't have too many deer rifles. I take the one that cries the loudest when I open the safes.
Posted By: Mjduct Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/12/17
When I shoot out my 264 win mag, I'll screw on another tube in 26 nosler.

Or whatever wonder catridge in 6.5 is out at that time...
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/12/17
Originally Posted by wyoming260
You must know where the gun went....... A True loonie would lose sleep not knowing

Berger lists data with 26 and 140s at almost 3200 from a 26" barrel.....

Back when I inquired, Berger maxed out their hunting 140 VLD around 3,100 fps.

I've posted this before, will again. I called a Berger tech and let him know I could push the 140 VLD a lot faster than 3,100 fps. He as much admitted they didn't recommend their hunting VLD's at over 3,100 fps, suggested I use the heavier jacketed target VLD.

That's when I abandoned VLD's for the 26 Nos. went with 120 TTSX/E-Tips and 140 NPT/NAB's. I like the 120 mono's, my hunting bud, the 140 Noslers.

All four bullets have very similar terminal performance on game, the 120's at 3,450, the 140's at 3,250, US 869 and WC 872 powder exclusively. Tried other slow burning powders, they can't keep up with these two, IME.

DF
Posted By: WvZ Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
It's telling that the .26 and 6.5-300 have generated such interest, while the .264 Win. was so quickly dismissed as a throat-burner. It's a more efficient round, if efficiency can be reduced to the ratio of bore diameter/case capacity.
But in those days, there was no magic in 6.5mm cartridges. And though its bullets were just .020 bigger, the 7mm Rem. buried the .264 at market. My handloads with IMR 7828, in a 26-inch M70 barrel, safely drive 140-grain bullets 3,250. Changing views of "what's hot" can have more to do with the sales of a cartridge than its ballistic merits. Someday perhaps the sun will shine on a .312 magnum, and my old .303 British will bask in its reflection .... WvZ
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
Some really like the .264 WM and it's a good round. RL-33 seems to be popular with 140's.

My experience with that round, I found it to be quirky and not as easy to load for as the 26 Nosler. If one starts with US 869 and works up loads, the 26 Nosler is about there. Pretty easy to work up loads, straight forward with the right powder.

Both rounds can be rough on barrels, but for hunting guns, so what. Just don't get them too hot and they'll do OK.

The 6.5-300 Wby is a 3.6" round vs. the 3.4" 26 Nosler round. I like a full 3.6" with the Nosler for more COAL freedom. The Wby will beat the Nos by 100 fps, burns a good bit more powder.

DF

Posted By: Blackbrush Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
QL shows the 26 and the 6.5-300 to have virtually the same case capacity. If this is true, I can't see there being much more than 25 - 50fps difference all other things being equal.
Well, 100 fps is about what their data shows. Maybe they're pushing the Wby harder, maybe it's freebore at work.

I like the 26, never fooled with the Wby, just know what I've read.

DF

Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
I was looking at the Weatherby's. It looked their rifles in 6.5x 300 had a 1 in 10 twist barrel. Even my old Westerners have 1in9 barrels.
The Nos is 8 twist and I think that's the way to go.

I would never swap an 8 twist 26 for a 10 twist 6.5-300 Wby.

Just me.

DF
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
I don't see how a 1 in 10 barrel will work with heavier bullets. I looked at a half a dozen add on GunBroker. Only one said 1 in 8.
I haven't checked the specs. You're sure it's 10 twist?

Not questioning you, just agreeing that 10 twist doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in a big 6.5 where high B.C., heavier bullets would seem to be the way to go.

Velocity helps, but IME is a weak substitute for twist.

DF
Here's a piece on the Wby 6.5-300 Wby. They mention 8 twist. Haven't checked the Wby site.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/first-look-new-65-300-weatherby-magnum-cartridge

DF
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
Well, 100 fps is about what their data shows. Maybe they're pushing the Wby harder, maybe it's freebore at work.

DF

I saw that referenced elsewhere in the thread too. I just thought I'd look into it as I have a rifle I could very easily see screwing a 26 (or 6.5-300) barrel onto...
Here's a Wby factory ammo link, so you see it's around 100 fps over the Nosler.

http://www.weatherby.com/6-5-300-wby-mag.html

DF
I just looked at the 130 gr. Scirocco Wby data...

Check out energy at a thousand, B.C. and trajectory.

SSII's aren't always the easiest to get to shoot, can be COAL sensitive like high ogive bullets. I don't know how Wby freebore affects that.

In other rounds, SSII's seem to like to jump and I've gotten good groups adjusting COAL. They all jump with freebore...

May have to try them in the 26 Nosler. But, they gonna have to perform to beat out 120 gr. mono's... wink

DF
Posted By: beretzs Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
Those Sciroccos are wicked bullets DF. Never had seen them in action till this fall and I was really impressed on two elk, one close and one 475 yards. They opened up really well and also penetrated like a BBC... just might try the 150's from my MSM this fall.
I tried the 127 LRX and 129 ABLR in the 26 Nosler, neither would group with 120 TTSX's or 120 E-tips, around MOA vs. half MOA.

It's my understanding the 26 Nosler was built around the 129 ABLR. I think at closer range, that one could become a bomb, I'm sure it's OK way out yonder.

I've not tried the 130 SSII; it may be a good one in the 26 or Wby, tough enough for closer shots, good LR performance. Now, to get those things grouping...

DF

Posted By: beretzs Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
DF, with all of the bonded bullets I use the Berger method. .050 to start and work work back in .025" increments. It hasn't failed me yet and those Sciroccos aren't really "hard" for me to get to work like that.

One of those will for sure jump out as a place to really work them. Plus, they have a thick base and seem to really thrive with a kick in the pants. Good luck with them. I may give them a shot in my 264 Win Mag as well.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/03/berger-tips-for-loading-vld-bullets/

Here's the Berger COAL protocol, and it does work. I've used it with SSII's in other rounds.

DF
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17

So, forgetting about righty-tighty and lefty-loosy, if one were looking just at cartridges, which way to go? 26 Nos or 6.5 Wby?

I know; I know -- that darn belt. But, otherwise...?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17
A belt never did bother me, wear one every day.

Wouldn't component cost be a lot lower with the nosler round?

Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/13/17

I need either about like I need more mud at the moment. 😐
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

So, forgetting about righty-tighty and lefty-loosy, if one were looking just at cartridges, which way to go? 26 Nos or 6.5 Wby?

I know; I know -- that darn belt. But, otherwise...?

I had built a pair of 26 Noslers for me and a hunting buddy before the Wby round was rolled out.

All said, I'd probably do the Nosler for a number of reasons. Brass is expensive for both, but the Nosler brass sometimes is discounted at Midway and the Pro Shop.

I like the 3.4" round in a 3.6" gun for COAL flexibility.

But, both rounds do what they were designed to do.

DF
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
All but one of the adds on GunBroker spec a 1 in 10 twist. I don't know if this is a typo or not.

I check the Weatherby web pages. All the 6.5 x300 rifles were 1 in 8 twist. I knew that couldn't be correct.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
I have a almost brand new Mark V Accumark in 300 weatherby that I lucked into a while ago. It has a HS precision stock, steel bottom metal and was interested in rebarreling it into something less exciting. My options are 340 weatherby or 6.5 weatherby. I looked at the brass prices yesterday and gasped.
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
You wouldn't shoot it that much, 100 pieces last a long time.
Posted By: savage62 Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
THANKS FOR RIPLEYS ILL STICK WITH 270 OR 25-06
Originally Posted by hanco
You wouldn't shoot it that much, 100 pieces last a long time.

Yep.

You don't "buy" Wby brass, you "invest" in Wby brass.

26 Nosler not quite as bad, although they're not giving them away. I did pick up some on SPS for a pretty good price, saw discounted brass at MidwayUSA. And, Nosler brass really good quality, prepped and ready to go. It seems to last, primer pockets staying tight even with "warm" loads.

I don't know about "Fire" loads, those may stretch primer pockets... shocked

DF
Posted By: beretzs Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/03/berger-tips-for-loading-vld-bullets/

Here's the Berger COAL protocol, and it does work. I've used it with SSII's in other rounds.

DF

Solid copy.. should've said I don't jam the bonded bullets but start them all .050 off. You're right though, it's a great way to find accuracy.
Originally Posted by Blackbrush

DF

I saw that referenced elsewhere in the thread too. I just thought I'd look into it as I have a rifle I could very easily see screwing a 26 (or 6.5-300) barrel onto...

MidwayUSA: Wby 6.5-300 Wby brass, $86.99/20 or $4.34 per case.

Blems at SPS: 26 Nosler brass, $56.20/25 or $2.24 per case.

So Wby brass is nearly twice the cost of blem Nosler brass.

IME, SPS blem brass is as good as non-blem. I can't find anything wrong with it. Regular price is $65.99/25, or $2.64 per case.

DF

Posted By: Blackbrush Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
Brass price has never been a barrier to me. This is even more true of a chambering that for me would be used in a low volume hunting rig set up. The rifle I have in mind already has barrels in 257 and 340 Weatherby. I'm sure I would select the Nosler in the end because I think the design is better overall.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/14/17
Found a new 26 Nosler Patriot today for 1200 bucks.

Pretty nice rifle.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/15/17
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Found a new 26 Nosler Patriot today for 1200 bucks.

Pretty nice rifle.

I haven't handled one, but from all reports, that's a lot of gun for the money.

JB liked the one he tested, bought it and sold his .264 WM.

I built my 26 Nosler. I paid $400 for a smoke damaged 700 BDL in 7RM, added a 26" #2 SS Shilen, was able to use the OEM stock, pillared, glassed, free floated and torqued, added a 510 Timney as the factory trigger couldn't be adjusted.

So, I'm at your $1,200 price, doing a bunch of the work myself. Had to spend money adjusting the action to feed the fat Nosler round. Added a SS RUM mag box, had the rails milled to clear the Nosler case. Some 700's, from what I've heard, will clear the Nosler case without metal work. Mine wouldn't.

DF
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/16/17

Did you buy it Jim? If not can you divulge its whereabouts?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/16/17
No, I did not buy it. Perpetually short of gun money!

It was very tempting though.

I was wrong about that rifle though, it is the Liberty, not the Patriot.....not even sure if they make a Patriot.

Dont know why I made that mistake.

Anyway, it was at Bing and Bob's sporting goods in Havre, Montana.

They had a very lightly used 6.5x300 WBY there too for 1400 I believe.

That was a nice rifle too.

Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/16/17
The Liberty is the Patriot. Nosler originally called the model the Patriot, but then decided it might be confused with other rifles with a similar name, so changed their name to Liberty. But neither name was stamped on the rifle or barrel.

Which is why the 26 I purchased as a Patriot is now a Liberty.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/16/17
Ahhhhh......I see.

I got home and looked the rifle up and did not see a Patriot, so I figured I was wrong.

Both the Nosler and the Weatherby were nice rifles.

Of the two I think I preferred the Weatherby, probably just because the barrel was a bit heavier.

Could not find a single thing wrong with the Nosler though, except for maybe the extra angles cut into the top of the receiver. A seriously small nit to pick however!
Posted By: 340boy Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/17/17
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Could not find a single thing wrong with the Nosler though, except for maybe the extra angles cut into the top of the receiver. A seriously small nit to pick however!

Same opinion here. Can't like those square cuts or whatever you call 'em. Reminds me of an A-Bolt! sick
Still wouldn't stop me from a M48 in 26 if I was in the market, however.
Posted By: hanco Re: 26 NOSLER - 02/18/17
Made mine out of a 7 rem mag Sendero I wasn't shooting much. Shoots really nice, Rock Creek barrel.
© 24hourcampfire